Thread: Diabetic

Default Diabetic

I'm an insulin dependent diabetic, anyone else have the diabetic experience at Coachella? Wondering how big a hassle it is with security. Hate to think every time I go thru security, my friends will be stuck waiting while I go through the explanation every time. Any past experience or advice?

Default Re: Diabetic

Can you take 3 days worth to the medical tent on Friday and have them store it? The FAQs say they will store it, but I'm not sure if they will store it for 3 days. Have you tried emailing info@coachella.com?

Haha "The Diabetic Coachella Experience"

No but really, I'm a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic, and the only time it was a real issue for me was the first year I went (2007) when I used an insulin pump. My reservoir thing fell out and I didn't have any back up stuff. Needless to say I felt like garbage.

Security is usually very accommodating with insulin and other diabetes related issues. They're usually even okay with me bringing in snacks for low blood sugar...which I never really get anyway.

Main piece of advice...BRING BACK UP SUPPLIES
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Hi guys, I'm also a T1D and on a pump. I always travel with at least two weeks of extra supplies (strips, insulin, infusion sets and reservoirs, and of course, syringes.) I talked to someone from Coachella (employee) who says we can keep stuff in the medical tent.

Pro tip: Get on a CGMS (continuous glucose monitor), it helps a TON. When you first get on it, it's annoying but once you get used to it, it's of huge value.

We should all meet up, I'll be there weekend 1.

How much of a hassle have they given you before? In the past security seems to have a chip on their shoulder when dealing with the public. I'm type II, not insulin dependent, but my glucose does fluctuate and I do occasionally need snacks to regulate or else I feel I'm gonna pass out.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Haha "The Diabetic Coachella Experience"

No but really, I'm a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic, and the only time it was a real issue for me was the first year I went (2007) when I used an insulin pump. My reservoir thing fell out and I didn't have any back up stuff. Needless to say I felt like garbage.

Security is usually very accommodating with insulin and other diabetes related issues. They're usually even okay with me bringing in snacks for low blood sugar...which I never really get anyway.

Main piece of advice...BRING BACK UP SUPPLIES