Thread: Car Camping and Saving Sites

Lurker

Default Car Camping and Saving Sites

I am part of a group of people who have car camping passes and are planning on forming a camp group. The organizer of the group isn't getting there until Friday morning, but some of the others had planned on getting there Thursday afternoon. Is it possible for whoever arrives first to go into the car camping area and save/hold surrounding spots for the others who may not have arrived yet? Or is that generally frowned upon?

Default Re: Car Camping and Saving Sites

Not possible. Tell your organizer he sucks at organizing an arrival on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by colingd View Post
    I am part of a group of people who have car camping passes and are planning on forming a camp group. The organizer of the group isn't getting there until Friday morning, but some of the others had planned on getting there Thursday afternoon. Is it possible for whoever arrives first to go into the car camping area and save/hold surrounding spots for the others who may not have arrived yet? Or is that generally frowned upon?
    They will NOT let you "save spots". It's not just "frowned upon", it is not possible. They will fill in every spot in each row of each lot in a certain order, and then they will not let cars enter that lot once it is filled.

If you want to have spots next to each other, you must arrive together and that means you must physically drive in together in line. If the "organizer" is not smart enough to get there Thursday, they can park their car in BFE and then come join you at your camp, leaving their car and staying on your space.

This person doesn't seem like much of an organizer.

Lurker

Crap. That's what I figured, but thanks for the replies. I just want to make sure I have somewhere to sleep which I'm not sure is even a guarantee at this point...