Thread: Desert Stars Festival September 19-20 Pioneertown

Default Desert Stars Festival September 19-20 Pioneertown

Has anyone attended this in the past & can share information? Previous lineups look great http://www.desertstarsfestival.com/#!music/c10tw
    2014 lineup hasn't been released yet, but Mark Gardener confirmed he would be there again this year.

Default Re: Desert Stars Festival September 19-20 Pioneertown

Festival was officially moved a few weeks ago to the weekend of October 3-4th...

First round of the Lineup was released today!

The Dandy Warhols
    Little Barrie
    He's My Brother, She's My Sister
    David J & the Gentleman Thieves
    Mark Gardener (of Ride)
    Ringo Deathstarr
    The Spyrals
    No Silver Bird
    Bixby Knolls
    Stripmall Architecture
    Slow White
    Attasalina
    Drinking Flowers
    Daydream Machine
    Blank Tapes
    LSD & The Search For God
    Jesika Von Rabbit
    Lemon Sun
    The Shivas
    Miranda Lee Richards
    Brush Prairie
    DJ's Tami (Medication)
    Dan Collins (LA Record)
    Rick Barzell
    Zia McCabe

Looks like some special pre-sale tickets will go on sale next month. Check http://www.desertstarsfestival.com/ for all the latest updates...

Cheers

interesting. looks like they've added The Telescopes as well. have you attended this before tycobb?

Sames -

No I haven't, but this looks like a pretty cool Fest. I guess this is born from the ashes of the Clean Air Clean Stars Festival...I haven't been to Pappy & Harriet's ever, but I've heard really awesome things about it from friends and acquaintances...I'll be heading up to that venue in early June to see Eagles of Death Metal play (along with like 6 other acts) an outdoor show, so I should get a decent feel for how Desert Stars will be...

I'm hoping they get a couple other headling acts and announce them between now and summer...I've never heard of The Telescopes, how are they?

I'm in the same boat - never been to Pappy & Harriet's but have heard great things, and I like what I've read so far about this festival. I am dying to attend Austin Psych Fest, their lineups are consistently amazing & right up my alley, but it's not feasible for me just yet.

The Telescopes are fantastic, they have been around for ages & were on Creation Records. I thought they were featured in the thread where someone names an artist but I couldn't find it. Definitely worth checking out!

edit: I believe their current touring lineup consists of some of the members of LSD & the Search For God, who are also excellent.

Can't believe I have overlooked this band all these years haha...Thanks for the clips above, very cool old-school noise/pysh rock sound...I recently learned about the Austin Psych Fest, sounds like a great one to attend...Have u ever been? I suggest u check out the Desert Daze Fest if you are a fan of psych/shoegae/garage/underground rock...I just bumped up that thread on here a few minutes ago. I'll be going with a group, camping at the site, and ready to rock and party the night away!