Thread: Looking for ride or to share cab from campground to Pappy and Harriets on Thursday

Default Looking for ride or to share cab from campground to Pappy and Harriets on Thursday

Hey everyone. So I'm in a bit of a predicament and am hoping someone can help me out. My girlfriend and I have tickets to the Future Islands show at Pappy and Harriets in Pioneertown on Thursday night at 11:30 and we are also car camping for the weekend. The trouble is that we can't camp on Thursday and then take our car. We'll also be back after 2AM so we won't be able to set up camp after the show and we don't want to have to get a hotel room for Thursday night and then camp on Friday due what I'm guessing are brutally long lines for camping on Friday, plus the fact that we'll be situated far from the entrance at that point. If anyone can help of even have some ideas of how to navigate this, that would be great.

Lurker

Default Re: Looking for ride or to share cab from campground to Pappy and Harriets on Thursda

Even when shared, that's going to be a 100-mile cab/shuttle ride which will cost you serious money.
    If you don't find anyone, consider purchasing a companion parking pass for $30 (these are still available). Set up camp on Thursday, then leave the campground again (you can do that), drive to Pioneertown and attend the show, and upon return park in the companion lot for the remainder of the festival.

Default Re: Looking for ride or to share cab from campground to Pappy and Harriets on Thursda

Yeah I got an estimate for 135 each way so I figured it would be approximately 70 per person with four people splitting, which is worth it to me. Thanks! I like that idea but I thought that you are required to have a car parked in your car camping spot for the whole festival.

Lurker

No, you can leave car camping with your car before the festival ends. You just won't be able to get back in, hence the need for a companion parking pass so you'll have a place to park after coming back from your excursion. Here's the relevant info from the FAQ:
    May I drive in/out of car camping?
    Once you are parked in a camping area you may not move your vehicle for the duration of the festival. This is for your safety and the safety of your neighbors. However, if you need to leave early, please let security know, so they can help direct you out safely. Your car will NOT be admitted back in to the car camping area once it drives out.

Thumbs up Re: Looking for ride or to share cab from campground to Pappy and Harriets on Thursda

I will give ya a ride if I can pitch a small 1 person tent with you guys for the weekend and if possible do companion parking, otherwise I will have to park my car at a grocery store and walk/carpool back to the festival

Thursday after 10:30pm- I can meet you at Coachella, maybe go in with you so I can get my wrist band activated for Car camping?
    Thursday 11:30pm- We arrive in Pioneer town (that's where pappy's is, right?)
    Friday 3:00am- We park at a grocery store around Coachella and carpool to festival, walking back into car parking and pitching my tent for the night.- OR I can get a Companion Parking pass with you guys and park in a nearby lot at 3am?
    Sunday 8pm- I head out back home to LA

Just an idea since I have nowhere to park or pitch my 1 person tent! I am open for ideas.

The taxi fare is NUTS! It would be cheaper to rent a car.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Lurker

There is no grocery store parking within walking distance of the venue. The closest grocery store (Ralph's on Jefferson/Avenue50, 2.5 miles away) closes off its parking after hours. If you want to try that regardless, use the big box retailers (Home Depot, Walmart, a couple strip malls ...) along Hwy 111 between Jefferson St. and Dune Palms Rd / Adams St.
    Get that companion pass - everything else is just very inconvenient.

I sent you a pm . I can help you! Need further details like What time does that end? etc....
    Last edited by icantwait; 03-30-2014 at 02:44 AM. Reason: add information