Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, What Act is Gonna Be the Trainwreck of Coachella 2014?

Default Re: So, What Act is Gonna Be the Trainwreck of Coachella 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Friday 2011 was the ultimate stretch of trainwrecks. Skrillex, Odd Future, Cee Lo and Ariel Pink happened all within a couple of hours of one another. Skrillex was only a trainwreck because (the 10 minutes I heard while waiting for Odd Future) he was terrible and he brought out Jonathan Davis. Odd Future was horrible in ways I can't describe with words and they spent most of their set screaming and dicking around on stage. Cee Lo's towel-throwing mini-tantrum was great to walk up to as well. I totally missed Ariel Pink, but the youtube videos of that meltdown were hilarious.
    I think that was just the gods punishing anyone that wasn't watching Warpaint.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

1. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    2. blah blah blah blah
    3. blah blah blah blah blah blah
    4. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    5. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    6. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    7. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Kanye West is soooooooooo dreamy.
    Wow, that is very interesting. Please tell me more.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

anyone remember Gorillaz?

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

It's a toss up between Ronald Creel and kvnty at the group pic
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

krewella

The Knife. they'll see some bros/gals grinding and get offended and stop the music to make every cis gender scum there check their privilege

make every cis gender scum there check their privilege <-what?
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

also QOTSA should be smooth sailing until someone throws a water bottle or shoe at josh

Lurker

Daft Punk

Damn, I hate to say it, but we have our winner. It's alright Andre, we still love you.

Ouchkast... we're going to be hearing this trainwreck all day LOL. Hopefully weekend 2 he'll redeem himself.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    as much as you and a few others want this to happen, it wont. they'll bring it. they'll be better than kanye was whenever the fuck he played last.
    Nice call bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjadams90 View Post
    Lolzz, I hate that being buff is now, at least on the message board, is synonymous with being a bro.

You guys do know the working out it good for you? Helps you keep in shape and promotes good health.

Anyways Cool Story Bro.

Outkast. He.

Am I the only one who thought Julian's set was a disaster... The sound was fucking awful for him in the Mojave. But not sure if that was more the sound tech's fault than it was Julian's
    2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Upcoming Shows:

12/20 Com Truise @ Glasslands
    12/27 Murs @ The Roxy
    02/05 Bonobo @ Output
    04/10 - 04/12 Coachella Wk 1

Glad I didn't check him out then. The Cult were also really bad from what I heard.

A$AP Ferg was fucking horrendous! That is the typical horseshit rap performance I expected, and the kids still went wild for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    Latest Bodog Odds:

Lana 4-1
    Foxygen 6-1
    Fishbone 15-1 (crowd surf causes stroke)
    QOTSA (don't throw that) 20-1
    Motorhead (Lemmy) 30-1
    Whigs (let's hope not) 40-1
    Mangum (No photos!) 45-1
    Ferry (artist has stroke) 50-1
    Replacements 100-1
    Cee-Lo 200-1
    Field 4-1
    No meltdown 3-2

Hey Jimmy, gimme ten times on the field.
    Winnah!
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidFireTollBooth View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Julian's set was a disaster... The sound was fucking awful for him in the Mojave. But not sure if that was more the sound tech's fault than it was Julian's
    it 100% depends on where you are located and unfortunately with packed tent sets you can't always choose. We were behind the soundboard in between the two back stacks for Julian and it sounded like absolute shit. While walking out, 50ft behind the tent it sounded amazing.
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Quote Originally Posted by RapidFireTollBooth View Post
    Seconded. I still feel in the minority about this, but the sound was awful. It was so loud, it was actually unbearable. Had to leave and finish watching from outside the tent. Flame away.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRav View Post
    Seconded. I still feel in the minority about this, but the sound was awful. It was so loud, it was actually unbearable. Had to leave and finish watching from outside the tent. Flame away.
    I feel the same way.. The sound was like piercing my ears. It literally was hurting, I had to leave it was so loud.
    2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Upcoming Shows:

12/20 Com Truise @ Glasslands
    12/27 Murs @ The Roxy
    02/05 Bonobo @ Output
    04/10 - 04/12 Coachella Wk 1

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonFisk View Post
    Damn, I hate to say it, but we have our winner. It's alright Andre, we still love you.
    Do we though?
    2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

The Knife were definitely weird and a bit of a mess - but I personally loved it. Thought there was a lot of humor / and really dug their ending with Silent Shout.

Biggest Train-wreck i heard was the Replacements

I didn't see it - but I heard from a friend that Paul Westerberg had a meltdown on stage about the lack of crowd attendants during weekend 1 - and said he'd retool the set for weekend 2.

This article from The Hollywood Reporter supports that ...

"Well, hello," the singer-guitarist announced, striding out in a suit and bow tie. "There's been a lot of good music today, huh? We'll put a f---ing stop to that right now."

From there, Westerberg continued to toss out non sequiturs in between songs, most of which were met with disengaged silence from the attendees. He stumbled through the beginning of "Androgynous," complained about his buzzing mic stand and lazily asked the crowd to help pick the band's song choices. As the set wore on, more crowd members wandered away from the stage, perhaps to catch Girl Talk on the main stage or get ready for Zedd's massively packed performance in the Sahara Tent. By the time The Replacements wrapped, about half of the audience that had seen the start of the show was still standing.

Also - Glitch Mob.

I don't know if sucking really hard qualifies as 'train-wreck' - but man, were they terrible.
    I was expecing something actually good, and I received terrible music plus the cheesiest video graphics that looked straight out of THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.

10 minutes into it and headed over to Nico Jaar instead of Bonobo - which I still regret. I blame it all on glitch mob.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by chadmims View Post
    The Knife were definitely weird and a bit of a mess - but I personally loved it. Thought there was a lot of humor / and really dug their ending with Silent Shout.

Biggest Train-wreck i heard was the Replacements

I didn't see it - but I heard from a friend that Paul Westerberg had a meltdown on stage about the lack of crowd attendants during weekend 1 - and said he'd retool the set for weekend 2.

This article from The Hollywood Reporter supports that ...

"Well, hello," the singer-guitarist announced, striding out in a suit and bow tie. "There's been a lot of good music today, huh? We'll put a f---ing stop to that right now."

From there, Westerberg continued to toss out non sequiturs in between songs, most of which were met with disengaged silence from the attendees. He stumbled through the beginning of "Androgynous," complained about his buzzing mic stand and lazily asked the crowd to help pick the band's song choices. As the set wore on, more crowd members wandered away from the stage, perhaps to catch Girl Talk on the main stage or get ready for Zedd's massively packed performance in the Sahara Tent. By the time The Replacements wrapped, about half of the audience that had seen the start of the show was still standing.
    In no way, shape, or form, was PW having a meltdown. All PW's banter was classic Replacements banter and they seriously looked like they were all having the best time playing together.

Weekend 2 goer here, and Foxygen was abysmal. From the keyboardist complaining about how hot his fur coat was to the singer trying (and failing) to be witty, this show was a disaster. Hey, Foxygen, making cracks about it being Austin isn't clever, isn't funny, and just pisses off the crowd. Doubling down on that same 'joke' and making reference to an Austin music festival only made it worse

After the singer went on a rant after a couple of songs, berating people who were filtering in and out, we left. Easily the worst of the 35 or so bands we saw.