Thread: Can i bring turntables/speakers on the camping grounds?

Question Can i bring turntables/speakers on the camping grounds?

Hey guys! First-time Coach(newb)eller here. (Kill me, I can't coin terms.)

I wanted to know if it's ok to bring turntables and small speakers with me on the camping grounds. The music will not be very loud, I'll keep it to a minimum. I just wanna hang out with some people while I'm there.

Thanks!

LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.

Default Re: Can i bring turntables/speakers on the camping grounds?

Yeah thats fine. People do it every year

Just dont be the guy blasting music till the sun comes up if your neighbors aren't down to party that late.

But yah, people do it every year. Our friends bring it in for our group

Great, thanks guys! And yeah, I'm not that guy that has all red levels on his mixer, no worries. :P

Did somebody say levels?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBlank View Post
    Did somebody say levels?
    Made me think of this: https://soundcloud.com/sippyseal/dj

Of course you can. Hope you have a power generator though. Most people usually bring enough for Thursday night only. The real party is inside the festival anyway. Have fun!
    I'd do suprefan.

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

This year you're allowed two turntables and a maaaaaaaiiiiiiikrophone
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Since we cant bring generators, what would be the best way to power speakers and cdjs at the campsite?

Quote Originally Posted by roc89 View Post
    Since we cant bring generators, what would be the best way to power speakers and cdjs at the campsite?
    Pure adrenaline.

as a very light sleeper and someone who has no other option but to camp this year, i'm terrified i'll be stuck next to someone bringing audio equipment or sneaking in instruments. i did weekend1 on maybe 2-3 hours sleep per night last year. it fucking sucked.

if someone wants to spin after the show for an hour or two, whatever. if they're still playing music at 4am and it's not early monday morning, fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by david.sound View Post
    The real party is inside the festival anyway.
    pretty much this.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    as a very light sleeper and someone who has no other option but to camp this year, i'm terrified i'll be stuck next to someone bringing audio equipment or sneaking in instruments. i did weekend1 on maybe 2-3 hours sleep per night last year. it fucking sucked.

Sounds to me like you should invest in some foam earplugs

Serious lifesaver. I wake up every day feeling like I actually slept because the little sleep I did get was rock solid.

Sounds to me like you should invest in some foam earplugs

Serious lifesaver. I wake up every day feeling like I actually slept because the little sleep I did get was rock solid.

thanks for the tip, but i've always used em. they help but they don't work for me when my camping neighbors return to their site at 5am and decide it's a great time to blast REO Speedwagon's "I can't fight this feeling anymore". and this was on friday morning before the fest even started.

i can appreciate the whole party all night sleep in until 2pm lifestyle but not at coachella where things start winding down around 2am leaving you about a 5 hour window of decent sleep before the sun starts making the tent too hot to sleep in. on that note i have no problem with party peoples sunday night/monday morning since it's really the last chance to let loose before we return to the real world, but it seems that it is the night people usually crash the hardest. last year i wandered the camp sight all night early monday morning and other than one or two small gatherings the place was a ghost town. then again it was during the sand storm so that may have had something to do with it.

if they used one lot as a quiet camper zone i'd be one of the first in line. i don't see how they could ever make it work but one can dream.
    I'm locking this fucker.

I was camped across from one of the few parties that was going on Sunday night last year in lot 8 and they kept it going pretty much ALL NIGHT. The saving grace was that was pretty much the only night they partied like that (and hell, half our group was with them partying, so we have no grounds to complain at all ... it was actually a ton of fun). Point being ... if you're the type of people that like to rage until 4am EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, then please do everyone a favor and don't do it more than once at your own site. There are others like you, go roam and find them!

If you want a solid night's sleep and you're worried about assholes with shitty music blaring all night, the key is not foam earplugs, but a small set of wire cutters.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Quote Originally Posted by Dede' Arneaux View Post
    This year you're allowed two turntables and a maaaaaaaiiiiiiikrophone
    Beck will be prowling the campsite at night, doing inspections.

"What the fuck is this? A third deck?" *kicks over equipment*
    06, 08-14

oh gawd...everyone is a fucking DJ now. Yes, we need another shit DJ spinning shit EDM...i mean hitting sync on virtual dj. lol. get me as fuck a far away as possible from you. How about a nice acoustic guitar for change?

Quote Originally Posted by homersexual View Post
    oh gawd...everyone is a fucking DJ now. Yes, we need another shit DJ spinning shit EDM...i mean hitting sync on virtual dj. lol. get me as fuck a far away as possible from you. How about a nice acoustic guitar for change?
    Yeah! Lets get some douche with a jew fro playing wonderwall in this bitch!

would be way better than hearing levels every fucking minute.

I kinda have to agree with homersexual

Don't bash the guy with the guitar. Turntables are way worse.

I'd much rather have a guitarist camping next to me

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    Point being ... if you're the type of people that like to rage until 4am EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, then please do everyone a favor and don't do it more than once at your own site. There are others like you, go roam and find them!
    I agree with this. Nobody wants to stop people from having a good time, but if I'm awake all night every night, I will not have a good time. And neither will everyone I come into contact with during the day! So host it one night and go to other sites for the other nights.

huh. last time i camped it was bro-bros singing sublime covers alllll night. they stopped about 20 minutes before the REO Speedwagon adventure i mentioned above, making it that much more brutal. if you are not wearing an artist wristband then leave that shit at home.
    I'm locking this fucker.

thanks for the tip, but i've always used em. they help but they don't work for me when my camping neighbors return to their site at 5am and decide it's a great time to blast REO Speedwagon's "I can't fight this feeling anymore". and this was on friday morning before the fest even started.

i can appreciate the whole party all night sleep in until 2pm lifestyle but not at coachella where things start winding down around 2am leaving you about a 5 hour window of decent sleep before the sun starts making the tent too hot to sleep in. on that note i have no problem with party peoples sunday night/monday morning since it's really the last chance to let loose before we return to the real world, but it seems that it is the night people usually crash the hardest. last year i wandered the camp sight all night early monday morning and other than one or two small gatherings the place was a ghost town. then again it was during the sand storm so that may have had something to do with it.

if they used one lot as a quiet camper zone i'd be one of the first in line. i don't see how they could ever make it work but one can dream.
    I've never camped, but have partied tell sunrise many times before. My advise is to just go with the groove. Don't fight it if you can't sleep or get irritated, in fact try to stay up have a good time until the sun comes up and just pull an all nighter. I'm sure the energy levbel in the ground will be awesome and most people probably don't sleep. By the 2nd night, you'll be so exhausted you'll sleep through the noise brother. rock n roll and bring some kind of..."you know"...to give you a boost during the day or evening on the 2nd night.

if someone wants to spin after the show for an hour or two, whatever. if they're still playing music at 4am and it's not early monday morning, fuck you.
    Don't worry, I'm not that guy. I'm only gonna spin on thursday from like 12 pm to 10 pm anyway; I can't survive without sleep myself, so I get your frustration. My friends are having a pre-party, so they asked if I could bring some equipment with me, and that's pretty much the only reason, lol.

To the people saying "FUCK U AND UR TURNTABLES ITS ALL BOUT ACOUSTICS N SHIT 420 BLAZE IT", cool story bro. I'm not gonna play levels and summertime sadness like no tomorrow, I actually have a taste. Gonna be spinning some deep stuff along with alternative (toro y moi, chromeo, etc.) You guys are invited! :P

Can someone explain why it's okay to bring DJ equipment but not an acoustic guitar? Or, "especially drums."

Toro y Moi is always a good time, which weekend will you be mixing?
    You mad b?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreezy View Post
    Toro y Moi is always a good time, which weekend will you be mixing?
    1st!

Quote Originally Posted by borninla View Post
    Don't worry, I'm not that guy. I'm only gonna spin on thursday from like 12 pm to 10 pm anyway; I can't survive without sleep myself, so I get your frustration. My friends are having a pre-party, so they asked if I could bring some equipment with me, and that's pretty much the only reason, lol.

To the people saying "FUCK U AND UR TURNTABLES ITS ALL BOUT ACOUSTICS N SHIT 420 BLAZE IT", cool story bro. I'm not gonna play levels and summertime sadness like no tomorrow, I actually have a taste. Gonna be spinning some deep stuff along with alternative (toro y moi, chromeo, etc.) You guys are invited! :P
    I'd like to come by and get deep! Any Prog on your list?
    I'd do suprefan.