Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lolla's Posted Set Times Easily Defeat Coachella

Default Re: Lolla's Posted Set Times Easily Defeat Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    And yeah I dont see Coachella OR Bonnaroo going anywhere any time soon for example, so quit your whining.
    I would have said the same thing about Woodstock in '99. I don't care what industry you are in - shit even Bill Gates worries about competition. You never want to get to high on the horse.

Why don't you quit being a GV apologist? They're big boys and girls - they can take the feedback without you having to chastize people for making negative comments.
    My favorite band is cooler than your favorite band.

nice line for someone with "mohater" in their name.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

i still dont see the set times...

edit: oh they aren't out yet so why are we arguing about this then? Seems to me there is a trade off. Coachella announces which days the artists are playing right away lolla and the roo wait until they release set times which is earlier than when coachella releases the set times.
    Last edited by summerkid; 04-18-2007 at 11:11 AM.

coachella has nothing to worry about for a while, but that doesnt mean they shouldnt keep trying to improve based on fans input. and supposedly they do, which is good, so hopefully they will listen to this and release set times a little earlier in the future. i think a week would be good, not too much to ask, is it? 2 days just seems a little short notice, especially when some people may be traveling during those times, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    meow
    did you just say meow?

I know i'll be travelling. We're leaving Wednesday, on a 10-11 hour drive. I joked to my girlfriend that we can stop in front of a house and pop open the laptop (you gotta love people who don't secure their wireless networks)
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    did you just say meow?
    settle down, meow.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

Quote Originally Posted by grungysabbathemohater View Post
    you're right....you're not like everyone else (other festivals). You are not as considerate and fan-friendly as the other festivals (such as Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza). However, you are snotty, elitist, and indifferent (towards any festival goers that question the way things are run by GV); as well as being overpriced.
    There are some open-minded posters on this board (suprefan, rosetta stoned, patton), but mostly the Coachella fans on here seem like prissy, unfriendly, indie-snobs. This is a reflection of the vibe of your festival. "(You) are not like everyone else".

Everyone is friendly and optimistic about the bands on the Bonnaroo site. This is a reflection of their festival.

So long, indie snobs (fober and psychic friend definantly top the list)! I will go chat with the friendly and open-minded souls on the 'Roo board.

Thanks for the compliment, I think there are more open minded posters than that, but I figure those came to mind when you were typing. I think the elitism kind of came with the territory based on bands fanbases and stuff, so you do what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by brassneck View Post
    I would have said the same thing about Woodstock in '99. I don't care what industry you are in - shit even Bill Gates worries about competition. You never want to get to high on the horse.

Why don't you quit being a GV apologist? They're big boys and girls - they can take the feedback without you having to chastize people for making negative comments.

Woodstock 99 was put on for the sole purpose to capitalize on the brand and make as much money as possible, Coachella is not on that same boat. Dude, I speak my mind and if its in their defense so be it. They havent let me down really so what the hell should I complain about? Bad things happen, we speak and they do their best to fix it.
    Last edited by suprefan; 04-18-2007 at 11:34 AM.

i don't obsess about set times, but i'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of guy.

that'll be all meow
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    i don't obsess about set times, but i'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of guy.
    I kind of do too, I look at who I want to see, plan accordingly but have other options available so its not this totally structured thing. Besides who actually sticks to their plan to the T?

easy fix goldenvoice....just dont have that many good bands...should fix the conflict issue.. maybe just one or two per day...and less food stands also please.. dont want to run into the horrid churro or nachos conflict ever again!!!
    do they have nachos at the 'roo? im so there!!!

...even if i do miss a band due to conflict i still come out winning, i got into a good new band, plus if i really want to see them i can catch them when the come around LA

In reference to the person who said that the Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza fans are more positive people in general,you kinda had a point. Coachella is still fun. So is Lollapalooza, though they have their share of other problems. The set-time thing is lame, though. I don't expect it as early as Lollapalooza puts it out but a week before might be nice.
    Last edited by bauerctu75; 04-18-2007 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grungysabbathemohater View Post
    you're right....you're not like everyone else (other festivals). You are not as considerate and fan-friendly as the other festivals (such as Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza). However, you are snotty, elitist, and indifferent (towards any festival goers that question the way things are run by GV); as well as being overpriced.
    There are some open-minded posters on this board (suprefan, rosetta stoned, patton), but mostly the Coachella fans on here seem like prissy, unfriendly, indie-snobs. This is a reflection of the vibe of your festival. "(You) are not like everyone else".

Everyone is friendly and optimistic about the bands on the Bonnaroo site. This is a reflection of their festival.

So long, indie snobs (fober and psychic friend definantly top the list)! I will go chat with the friendly and open-minded souls on the 'Roo board.
    Talk about a "TAKE THAT!" approach, I understand and respect your feelings but you should give some others a shot, go to the Coachella Lounge, most of the worthless indie snob crap is in the Line Up section...
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Talk about a "TAKE THAT!" approach, I understand and respect your feelings but you should give some others a shot, go to the Coachella Lounge, most of the worthless indie snob crap is in the Line Up section...
    Hahahaha, this is why I post EVERYWHERE.

Hahahaha, this is why I post EVERYWHERE.
    And I have noticed that not many people on this board do that...new posters please EXPLORE the depths of the Coachella Message Board, you will learn a thing or two, many great threads not to be mistaken for some of the shit in the Line Up/Artists section
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

old school

I can't find the set times anywhere on the Lolla site, I must be blind.

WWWWWWWaaaaaaaaaa! Coachella doesn't post set times!!. Maybe because they have more additions or maybe cause they don't want too. Do us all a favor and don't go to coachella "the best festival in the world" Go to you Perry Farrelalooza! They did get Daft Punk but Coachella devirginized that b i t c h before anybody! So There!
    [B]Darthlaker

Quote Originally Posted by darthlaker View Post
    WWWWWWWaaaaaaaaaa! Coachella doesn't post set times!!. Maybe because they have more additions or maybe cause they don't want too. Do us all a favor and don't go to coachella "the best festival in the world" Go to you Perry Farrelalooza! They did get Daft Punk but Coachella devirginized that b i t c h before anybody! So There!
    Take That Fuckers!

Quote Originally Posted by darthlaker View Post
    Go to you Perry Farrelalooza! They did get Daft Punk but Coachella devirginized that b i t c h before anybody! So There!
    Best post of the thread.

Coachellla is still in the process of adding some more bands and believe me you will see a different line up than the one on the poster , it happenes every year. Some bands will be missing and others will be added . so we really wont know untill the first day of coachella about times . we will see a lot of surpises and thats what they want to give us , especially this year .

I'm still suprised nobody has "dropped out" yet. Will we actually have a Coachella with no cancellations?

I'm still suprised nobody has "dropped out" yet. Will we actually have a Coachella with no cancellations?
    I'm sure the people who are going to drop out are not going to have enough balls to tell GV in advance and we will find out that day

old school

I'll play if there are any last miniute cancellations. I'll rock harder than Animal Collective I gurantee.

Look kids, here is what you do.

Listen to as much of the line up as you can when it comes out, because you should know how all the bands are anyways. Because if you just rely on seeing the bands you like, you'll get into the other bands later on and say, "Damn it, I wish I had known."

As you listen to all the bands, write down all the bands on a word document. (It's even easier to just copy and paste from the line up sections, each day, in 3 pages on the document.)

While you listen to each of them, you can switch their places on the lists around, like if it is a ladder. That way you are able to think of what you want to see the most of those certain days.

Soooo, when the set times come out, you DONT have to "divulge entire discographies" because you've been doing that for months now. You just look at the set times, and at each conflict see what band beats the bands in the conflict on your ladder (as in the band in the highest position always beats the lower ones). That way you can do the entire Coachella plan in the 3 days you have the set times, without looking at the entire collections. You can use those 3 days to make sure you are positive, or think of which sets you want to do half and half, which should not take long.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by mchertron View Post
    Coachellla is still in the process of adding some more bands and believe me you will see a different line up than the one on the poster , it happenes every year. Some bands will be missing and others will be added . so we really wont know untill the first day of coachella about times . we will see a lot of surpises and thats what they want to give us , especially this year .

Its true, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Look kids, here is what you do.

Listen to as much of the line up as you can when it comes out, because you should know how all the bands are anyways. Because if you just rely on seeing the bands you like, you'll get into the other bands later on and say, "Damn it, I wish I had known."

As you listen to all the bands, write down all the bands on a word document. (It's even easier to just copy and paste from the line up sections, each day, in 3 pages on the document.)

While you listen to each of them, you can switch their places on the lists around, like if it is a ladder. That way you are able to think of what you want to see the most of those certain days.

Soooo, when the set times come out, you DONT have to "divulge entire discographies" because you've been doing that for months now. You just look at the set times, and at each conflict see what band beats the bands in the conflict on your ladder (as in the band in the highest position always beats the lower ones). That way you can do the entire Coachella plan in the 3 days you have the set times, without looking at the entire collections. You can use those 3 days to make sure you are positive, or think of which sets you want to do half and half, which should not take long.
    Now THAT myfriend is fucking dedication...cool format nonetheless, I just can't do it, I'll feel like I'm at work or school or some shit

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Now THAT myfriend is fucking dedication...cool format nonetheless, I just can't do it, I'll feel like I'm at work or school or some shit
    Haha, other than set times and plans it really helps getting to know the bands. When the line up first came out I was kind of... eh, I could have cared less for the line up.

But now, after listening to like, all of it... I think this Coachella has potential of being the best Coachella I've ever been to.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I've been listening to all these bands since the lineup came out, and I've already fallen in love with like 75% (to be conservative, it's probably higher) of the lineup with even the rest still making me feel like "I'll check em out if nothing's on". My girlfriend and I started getting a bunch of stuff by all these bands, at least one album each, and our mp3 players are currently only carrying Coachella bands. That way I'd hear nothing but Coachella for the last few months, and really see who I like and who I don't. So far, I have to say Coachella has made it really hard by having a quality lineup from top to bottom.

The way I'm going to approach possible conflicts and such, is by ranking each band from 1 to 10 ("10" being "there's no fucking way I'm missing them, you stupid son of a bitch!" and "1" being "oooh, there's another water bottle"). I might even throw in some negatives for people I want to actually avoid (e.g. jack's mannequin and circa survive).