Thread: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

Default What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

Obviously besides the headliners. Most non-Sahara/Yuma sets are 50 minutes or under but every year there's a few artists that get a slightly longer set. I can see Neutral Milk Hotel, Beck, Skrillex (if he's on Main), Pet Shop Boys, Bryan Ferry and Nas getting more time than most artists.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

Nas, Skrillex, Calvin Harris
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

I'd like to think Disclosure will get an hour int the Outdoor Stage closing slot
    Last edited by mikey1313666; 03-25-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.

Pharrell based on his 37 guest spots

New Order got 90 minutes last year, and though I'm not sure they'd give Pet Shop Boys that long, I could see them playing at least an hour if they get that same slot.

I could also see Beck or The Knife getting 55-60 minutes. But not QOTSA, especially if Skrillex closes the main.

The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Beck - Nas - NMH (not that they'll need it) - yes Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys.

Don't see The Knife getting extra time if indeed they are playing before Outkast on main, Replacements yes, an extra 10 would get us 3-4 more of their many all-time classic songs, but so much of Shaking The Habitual is so grating and repetitive, can't see GV wanting the Knife to overstay their welcome and nuke every last drop of positive buzz leading up to Outkast.

Even with a normal length set, I fully anticipate the Knife's show to have much the same repulsive impact on a huge part of the crowd as did Animal Collective '11 and the MBV '09's Holocaust. Expect a Biblical caliber exodus 5-10 minutes into the Knife's set.
    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee

Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen

Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    Don't see The Knife getting extra time if indeed they are playing before Outkast on main, Replacements yes, an extra 10 would get us 3-4 more of their many all-time classic songs, but so much of Shaking The Habitual is so grating and repetitive, can't see GV wanting the Knife to overstay their welcome and nuke every last drop of positive buzz leading up to Outkast.

Even with a normal length set, I fully anticipate the Knife's show to have much the same repulsive impact on a huge part of the crowd as did Animal Collective '11 and the MBV '09's Holocaust. Expect a Biblical caliber exodus 5-10 minutes into the Knife's set.
    All of this.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!

The knife will get 90 mins closing the mojave same slot as new order. mark my words
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

Hoping to see more of Fishbone! those guys kill it every time! always a wild ass show!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian View Post
    The knife will get 90 mins closing the mojave same slot as new order. mark my words
    The second name on the poster closing the Mojave? Highly doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    I'd like to think Disclosure will get an hour int the Outdoor Stage closing slot
    Sunday Outdoor closing is usually a coveted spot. Last 4 years it's gone to #5, #3, #4, and #3 on the bill for that day. My best guess is that Lana (who probably has more high-powered "people" than say NMH or Motorhead) gets that spot.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    Sunday Outdoor closing is usually a coveted spot. Last 4 years it's gone to #5, #3, #4, and #3 on the bill for that day. My best guess is that Lana (who probably has more high-powered "people" than say NMH or Motorhead) gets that spot.
    And Disclosure is #5 on their day (#4 if you don't include the headliner). What makes you think Lana (#6 on her day) deserves the coveted Outdoor closing slot over Disclosure?

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    And Disclosure is #5 on their day (#4 if you don't include the headliner). What makes you think Lana (#6 on her day) deserves the coveted Outdoor closing slot over Disclosure?
    Hey, if it's a "who deserves" spot, I would tend to agree with you. I just have a feeling that Lana and what has to be a prodigious entourage of image packagers would have more muscle to insist on that spot. I have nothing to base that on other that PT's interview about having to negotiate time slots with artists.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    Hey, if it's a "who deserves" spot, I would tend to agree with you. I just have a feeling that Lana and what has to be a prodigious entourage of image packagers would have more muscle to insist on that spot. I have nothing to base that on other that PT's interview about having to negotiate time slots with artists.
    I don't think it will come down to Lana insisting on that spot. I had a feeling after last years fest that Disclosure would be a repeat booking for 2014, because they got stuck with that Sunday night slot vs the headliner, and most people left due to the dust storm. I figured they'd get a prime, showcased slot, i.e. before the headliner, closing the Outdoor