Thread: Clothing

Default Clothing

What kind of clothing is recommended to wear to this festival? I've only been to Bonnaroo and for some reason I keep getting this impression that one has to almost "dress to impress" at this festival. Am I wrong?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Default Re: Clothing

yeah, less clothing the better....it can easily get over 100 degrees

That clothing does not look comfortable.. haha

Comfortable shoes, shorts, a hoodie/sweater if it get's cold at night.

Dress to impress if that's your thing, but that's only important to celebs, their friends, fashion companies who surround the festival with parties and pop-up shops, fashionistas who show up late just to see the last three bands on the bill, and those who are otherwise confused as to what Coachella actually is.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

There's not a dress code, so it doesn't really matter what you have seen in photos that publications have chosen to show you. Bring comfortable shoes and plan on it being hot, but pack some warm clothes just in case it's not.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Comfort is key. Especially for footwear. Light tanks and shorts or cropped leggings for day with a light hoodie for the evening. Sundresses are great too. Dressing to impress will likely lead to chafing and/or blisters.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

^Yep, ask these chicks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    ^Yep, ask these chicks lol

The only thing I notice in this picture is how terrible the Weekend 2 "Grass" is.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

The girl in the little booty heels is hiding the tears being caused by her blisters behind her big ass shades.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

don't forget to check the weather and prepare for snowchella (Thursday or was it Friday that snowed in local mountains a few years ago) or wind storms that blow all eve and through the night. bandanas and googles!! hats with a strap are great too.

I'm probably going to bring a medical face mask after last year's dust storm that got me sick

Wear what you'll find comfortable. If you're trying to "dress to impress", try going to a club instead of Coachella. Nobody except the incredibly shallow will give a shit what you wear to Coachella or judge you for it. Unless it's an obnoxious costume that gets in everyone's way, then they'll judge the HELL out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    Wear what you'll find comfortable. If you're trying to "dress to impress", try going to a club instead of Coachella. Nobody except the incredibly shallow will give a shit what you wear to Coachella or judge you for it. Unless it's an obnoxious costume that gets in everyone's way, then they'll judge the HELL out of you.
    Like phat pants? lol

Did no one see random topless women walking around last year? I saw at least one a day weekend 2.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Went to Bonnaroo last year for the first time. I don't think there's really much of a difference from Coachella. Maybe slightly more people "dressed up" at Coachella, but a huge majority will just wear what's comfortable.

I recommend hats during the day (the sun can be killer), comfortable tennis shoes of some sort (feel may get stepped on during dancing or will be covered with dust if you wear sandals), and light clothes. I like to wear like layers that cover my shoulders so they don't burn. Make sure to bring a sweatshirt and some warm clothes for the evening. It can get cold when the sun goes down!

Those boots look terribly fucking uncomfortable and how is she wearing pants (even those light ones) in 100+ degree weather, I have no idea.

A simple chambray shirt was a lifesaver item for me last year. Light enough to wear over a tank and not suffocate (and keeps you warm-ish if it's cool out), but you can also carry it/stow in your bag if it gets incredibly hot.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Those boots look terribly fucking uncomfortable and how is she wearing pants (even those light ones) in 100+ degree weather, I have no idea.

A simple chambray shirt was a lifesaver item for me last year. Light enough to wear over a tank and not suffocate (and keeps you warm-ish if it's cool out), but you can also carry it/stow in your bag if it gets incredibly hot.
    I wear long pants every year, it's not that hard. It helps if you've lived the last 20 years of your life in the eastern valleys of San Diego though, where triple digits is normal in the summer. You get used to it.