Thread: whadya know about Calgary?

Default whadya know about Calgary?

Boredoms are playing there on my birthday. What are some exceptional points about the city that make it worth traveling to for a weekend? Looks like a big outdoors place?

Thanks

Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

Calgary is fucking sweet... where are you coming from?

I find calgary mostly boring as fuck. largely conservative "cowboy" city. What weekend are you coming and what do you like to do?

true, there are a shitload of rednecks and serious conservatives, but since the oils been flowing and all the young cats are making money, the music scene has really picked up. theres alot more things to do now...

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryRepresent View Post
    true, there are a shitload of rednecks and serious conservatives, but since the oils been flowing and all the young cats are making money, the music scene has really picked up. theres alot more things to do now...
    I can see it now...

Are you pushing it out, you ******?

Calgary is not all neo-conservative anymore, thats the stereotypical 10 years ago calgary. It's actaully a very young city with tons of stuff to do.

Thumbs down Re: whadya know about Calgary?

Quote Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad View Post
    Calgary is not all neo-conservative anymore, thats the stereotypical 10 years ago calgary. It's actaully a very young city with tons of stuff to do.
    My friend just moved back to CAMROSE from living in Calgary for almost a year, because there wasn't anything to do that wasn't lame. Another friend dropped out of school and did the same, for the same reasons.

I also hate Calgary

But I hear some people like it! I think generally they are working for oil fields.

calgary is number 5,876 on my places-to-go list, just ahead of chernobyl

ya, actually camrose is like the vegas of alberta, if we want to party we go there... seriously tho, if you come to calgary, you'll have a blast. its a good town. for those knockin, until you come here and see for yourself, you'll never know!

the only people I know who enjoy living in calgary are small-towners who moved her to attend school/get a job, which calgary is great for.

Every native calgarian I know (in the age range of 20-30) who's lived here their whole lives hates it and wants to get the fuck out. usually they migrate to vancouver

thats how i imagine calgary

why do so many people hate calgary?
    i go down there every month or so for a weekend and it's always a blast
    Jebus loves me

tigirah, obviously you are recieving info from people who have left calgary. what about all those people who have stayed? times are good right now, theres lots of money to be made in every industry. true its all becuase of the oil but still, everyone is getting paid. when people get paid they want to spend, so now new venues are popping up, more shows are coming to town, the clubs are jumping, the camping is great, the mountains are close, the amount of good food to be had here is rediculious. quit knockin. you don't like then fine, who the fuck cares. if anyone wants to come to calgary, pm me and i'll make sure you have a good time.

I'm in Calgary and have been my whole life. I like it here for the most part. Until we get a damn snowstorm in the middle of april! Sunny California here I come. Seriously though you can have a lot of fun in Calgary. The clubs are a little lame but the bars are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryRepresent View Post
    tigirah, obviously you are recieving info from people who have left calgary. what about all those people who have stayed? times are good right now, theres lots of money to be made in every industry. true its all becuase of the oil but still, everyone is getting paid. when people get paid they want to spend, so now new venues are popping up, more shows are coming to town, the clubs are jumping, the camping is great, the mountains are close, the amount of good food to be had here is rediculious. quit knockin. you don't like then fine, who the fuck cares. if anyone wants to come to calgary, pm me and i'll make sure you have a good time.
    haha. I am the source of my info as I live here...?
    I did say that calgary is great for jobs and such at the moment, and the music scene is picking up at a steady speed, but it just doesnt compare to the culture of other cities, mostly because calgary is still a relatively new and was largely a business oriented city for a while.

if you like living here, then fine, who the fuck cares. I dont understand getting so defensive over a city...

Quote Originally Posted by tigirah View Post
    I find calgary mostly boring as fuck. largely conservative "cowboy" city. What weekend are you coming and what do you like to do?
    yup. Most overrated city in Canada that doesn't start with a T and end with an oronto

Yeah and the Flames suck.

Quote Originally Posted by JoGuitar View Post
    Yeah and the Flames suck.
    You suck. Flames are going to take it.

Cool Re: whadya know about Calgary?

Perhaps something like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    You'd be surprised just how quickly the edge of your own sanity comes into view.