Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: whadya know about Calgary?

  1. #1

    Default whadya know about Calgary?

    Boredoms are playing there on my birthday. What are some exceptional points about the city that make it worth traveling to for a weekend? Looks like a big outdoors place?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    Calgary is fucking sweet... where are you coming from?

  3. #3

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    I find calgary mostly boring as fuck. largely conservative "cowboy" city. What weekend are you coming and what do you like to do?

  4. #4

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    true, there are a shitload of rednecks and serious conservatives, but since the oils been flowing and all the young cats are making money, the music scene has really picked up. theres alot more things to do now...

  5. #5
    Member ragingdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryRepresent View Post
    true, there are a shitload of rednecks and serious conservatives, but since the oils been flowing and all the young cats are making money, the music scene has really picked up. theres alot more things to do now...
    I can see it now...



    Are you pushing it out, you ******?

  6. #6

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    Calgary is not all neo-conservative anymore, thats the stereotypical 10 years ago calgary. It's actaully a very young city with tons of stuff to do.

  7. #7

    Thumbs down Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    Quote Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad View Post
    Calgary is not all neo-conservative anymore, thats the stereotypical 10 years ago calgary. It's actaully a very young city with tons of stuff to do.
    My friend just moved back to CAMROSE from living in Calgary for almost a year, because there wasn't anything to do that wasn't lame. Another friend dropped out of school and did the same, for the same reasons.

    I also hate Calgary

    But I hear some people like it! I think generally they are working for oil fields.

  8. #8
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,832

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    calgary is number 5,876 on my places-to-go list, just ahead of chernobyl

  9. #9

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    ya, actually camrose is like the vegas of alberta, if we want to party we go there... seriously tho, if you come to calgary, you'll have a blast. its a good town. for those knockin, until you come here and see for yourself, you'll never know!

  10. #10

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    the only people I know who enjoy living in calgary are small-towners who moved her to attend school/get a job, which calgary is great for.

    Every native calgarian I know (in the age range of 20-30) who's lived here their whole lives hates it and wants to get the fuck out. usually they migrate to vancouver

  11. #11
    Member Havocquarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    595

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?


    thats how i imagine calgary

  12. #12
    Member dalethethug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    why do so many people hate calgary?
    i go down there every month or so for a weekend and it's always a blast
    Jebus loves me

  13. #13

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    tigirah, obviously you are recieving info from people who have left calgary. what about all those people who have stayed? times are good right now, theres lots of money to be made in every industry. true its all becuase of the oil but still, everyone is getting paid. when people get paid they want to spend, so now new venues are popping up, more shows are coming to town, the clubs are jumping, the camping is great, the mountains are close, the amount of good food to be had here is rediculious. quit knockin. you don't like then fine, who the fuck cares. if anyone wants to come to calgary, pm me and i'll make sure you have a good time.

  14. #14
    Member JClemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    Posts
    2,309

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    I'm in Calgary and have been my whole life. I like it here for the most part. Until we get a damn snowstorm in the middle of april! Sunny California here I come. Seriously though you can have a lot of fun in Calgary. The clubs are a little lame but the bars are awesome.

  15. #15

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryRepresent View Post
    tigirah, obviously you are recieving info from people who have left calgary. what about all those people who have stayed? times are good right now, theres lots of money to be made in every industry. true its all becuase of the oil but still, everyone is getting paid. when people get paid they want to spend, so now new venues are popping up, more shows are coming to town, the clubs are jumping, the camping is great, the mountains are close, the amount of good food to be had here is rediculious. quit knockin. you don't like then fine, who the fuck cares. if anyone wants to come to calgary, pm me and i'll make sure you have a good time.
    haha. I am the source of my info as I live here...?
    I did say that calgary is great for jobs and such at the moment, and the music scene is picking up at a steady speed, but it just doesnt compare to the culture of other cities, mostly because calgary is still a relatively new and was largely a business oriented city for a while.

    if you like living here, then fine, who the fuck cares. I dont understand getting so defensive over a city...

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Posts
    304

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    Quote Originally Posted by tigirah View Post
    I find calgary mostly boring as fuck. largely conservative "cowboy" city. What weekend are you coming and what do you like to do?
    yup. Most overrated city in Canada that doesn't start with a T and end with an oronto

  17. #17

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    Yeah and the Flames suck.

  18. #18
    Member OnlyNonStranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoGuitar View Post
    Yeah and the Flames suck.
    You suck. Flames are going to take it.

  19. #19

    Cool Re: whadya know about Calgary?

    Perhaps something like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    You'd be surprised just how quickly the edge of your own sanity comes into view.

Similar Threads

  1. Jasper/Edmonton/Calgary/Vancouver to Coachella
    By JaspertoCoachella in forum Carpools
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 09:10 AM
  2. From Calgary
    By Jill123 in forum Carpools
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 10:35 AM
  3. One more spot in our car from CALGARY
    By danyop37 in forum Carpools
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 04:24 PM
  4. Anyone From Calgary?
    By talon_mags in forum Carpools
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 02:09 PM
  5. Need a Ride from Calgary, AB
    By danyop37 in forum Carpools
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 08:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •