Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wristband ACTIVATION

Default Re: Wristband ACTIVATION

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    activating the wristband will let you know it is still valid at the time you activate it. the original purchaser can still have it cancelled after activation by saying it was stolen. in that case you wouldn't find out until you get to indio. if you buy from stubhub they apparently will replace wristbands that don't work via a pop up office in a hotel in indio the days prior to the fest.
    Thanks! This is the info ive been looking for. This would have been my 6th year getting a wristband from craigslist, but it seems like the scams are getting worse every year. I will be buying one from stubhub this year.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    2014 Mobile App - will it be ready this year?
    yes it will but most of the app is stuff like maps, set times, and me putting a pin on the map for every single effing thing in the festival so you can find it. so you know what that means? I need to wait for the maps to be done and get every single department in the entire company to tell me where things are. that is super fun. also got to manually type in the set times for every single band into the back end of the app. thats just a couple of things. but since the maps are still being worked on and things are still moving around and set times are NEVER done until the last minute, the app wont really be ready until then either. it may get to the store before then but it wont have all the cool stuff I work on, until im done.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

activating the wristband will let you know it is still valid at the time you activate it. the original purchaser can still have it cancelled after activation by saying it was stolen. in that case you wouldn't find out until you get to indio. if you buy from stubhub they apparently will replace wristbands that don't work via a pop up office in a hotel in indio the days prior to the fest.
    Dafuq. Dunno about all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

I'm wondering the same thing. The website says, "All guests will be required to activate their wristband through your Coachella account to attend the 2014 festival."
    Does my husband have to start his own account to activate his wristband, or do we need to activate them both under one umbrella account? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    yes it will but most of the app is stuff like maps, set times, and me putting a pin on the map for every single effing thing in the festival so you can find it. so you know what that means? I need to wait for the maps to be done and get every single department in the entire company to tell me where things are. that is super fun. also got to manually type in the set times for every single band into the back end of the app. thats just a couple of things. but since the maps are still being worked on and things are still moving around and set times are NEVER done until the last minute, the app wont really be ready until then either. it may get to the store before then but it wont have all the cool stuff I work on, until im done.
    And we all love you for it.

However, our love typically comes in the form of complaints.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamonflower View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. The website says, "All guests will be required to activate their wristband through your Coachella account to attend the 2014 festival."
    Does my husband have to start his own account to activate his wristband, or do we need to activate them both under one umbrella account? I'm confused.

I hear you on this one...here is the full quote from the website...

"All guests will be required to activate their wristband through YOUR Coachella account to attend the 2014 festival.

The wristband must be activated by the person attending, unless that person is under 13 years old. You can activate one wristband per account per weekend."

Ok so my coachella account has 2 wristbands purchased....so how is my guests wristband being activated through my account when it says you can only activate 1 wristband/account/weekend??

Not a big deal if my other wristband has to get an account made for it to get activated but its not that clear, unless i am in that coachella fog where everything else is seeming less and less relevant...

peace out all

Lurker

You have to make an account for each wristband that needs activating. This gives that person their own personal account for when tickets go on sale for 2015. Goldenvoice and Coachella are making sure everyone is involved and allowing them to get the full experience.

i mean.. i think that sounds legit...right?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

that's legit. one wristband per coachella.com account. this has nothing to do with the account that the passes were purchased with, which is a front gate account. i always forget my +1's coachella.com account and password so she has 3 accounts now.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I can understand why the "your" is confusing some people because your +1 may not have an account ...but it works the exact same way the last couple years. Whoever is wearing the wristband creates a separate account if they don't have one and registers it there. You register yours. They register theirs. This allows that person to also do the coachooser, check in, etc. It also gives goldenvoice their email address. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamonflower View Post
    I JUST posted the solution to your question; find my post on the first page of this thread and you're solid.

Quote Originally Posted by mach99 View Post
    I hear you on this one...here is the full quote from the website...

"All guests will be required to activate their wristband through YOUR Coachella account to attend the 2014 festival.

The wristband must be activated by the person attending, unless that person is under 13 years old. You can activate one wristband per account per weekend."

Ok so my coachella account has 2 wristbands purchased....so how is my guests wristband being activated through my account when it says you can only activate 1 wristband/account/weekend??

Not a big deal if my other wristband has to get an account made for it to get activated but its not that clear, unless i am in that coachella fog where everything else is seeming less and less relevant...

peace out all
    Read my post on page 1 of this thread.

quote more posts telling them to read your post on page one of this thread.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

quote more posts telling them to read your post on page one of this thread.
    Its stupid ass posts like this that kill the forums. My intentions were to help, not to be annoying. Fuck off.
    Last edited by conners; 03-27-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conners View Post
    Its stupid ass posts like this that kill the forums. My intentions were to help, not to be annoying. Fuck off.
    this forum was killed years ago bro
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by arsgunner View Post
    this forum was killed years ago bro
    I'm well aware by now lol.

conners, can we skip this bullshit and just get to the part where you have a meltdown and start ranting about Jews again?
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

whoa. So, this means an activated wristband can still be de-activated later?

correct. this information is in nearly every thread asking about buying from stubhub or ebay, getting ripped off, and buying from 3rd parties safely. the reason a wristband can be deactivated by the original purchaser is in case of theft.now, you bought your tickets from stubhub, or some friend of a friend, and that's cool, but if that friend of a friend wants $400 and a ticket to coachella, all he has to do is call and report your wristband stolen. it will be deeactivated, and you likely won't know until you get to indio.

stubhub has buyer protections that include having extra passes on hand nearby to replace your non-working wristband.
    Last edited by heart cooks brain; 03-27-2014 at 05:28 PM.

It would be really stupid for someone to sell it through stubhub/paypal and then cancel it. I think you only need to worry if you paid cash! And you basically won't know until you get to the festival (although someone last year said they got an email saying the wristband they had activated was reported as lost/stolen and was no longer valid)

Hi,
    can anyone help in regards to picking up two coachella tickets at will call! will my husband need to create his own profile on coachella.com to activate his wristband even though i purchased the both of them with my account?

is will call open any days prior to the 11th of April? to pick up and activate our tickets?

thanks

read it thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    Dafuq. Dunno about all that.
    Than don't answer the fuckin question with your declaration of idiocracy! Die of Desert AIDS

Do I actually have to register/activate this year? All previous years I have ignored it and had no problems at all... I didn't see this question answered anywhere in here yet

it's been ''mandatory'' each of the last 3 years. if it ever actually becomes mandatory, you'll probably get on a smartphone, register, and enter as usual.

it's been ''mandatory'' each of the last 3 years. if it ever actually becomes mandatory, you'll probably get on a smartphone, register, and enter as usual.
    Good point. Will just stick with the usual approach, thanks

They've never called it mandatory before. Not sure why they'd say that for the first time if it wasn't true. But why risk it at all? Why wouldn't you save yourself a possible hassle at the gate and just spend the 30 seconds to register it? What if the app crashes? What if you can't get a cell signal? What if there's a massive line at the kiosk that will be there for those who don't sort their shit in advance? You could already be done with it in the time it took to read this post.

Show us where it has been mandatory prior to this year, please. Enlighten me. I never activated mine the last 2 years since its been an option. Do you see me having had something go down at the festival where I wasnt let in due to a non activated wristband?

2 reasons why theyre making everyone do it this year.

1. to account for every wristband sold. If all of em arent turned on, theyll know, and can account for them in their post festival stats.

2. Data gathering purposes inside the festival. Whats the higher likelihood of people doing the whole ''check in'' bs at every stage when all wristbands had to be activated? Pretty likely. Theyll have an even better sample size of crowd flow, and what acts had large crowds, and which ones didnt. Theyll use all the data to make things better for next year.

or some other reason for the future that you cant even imagine yet. but for now, you just need to activate your wristband.