Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Alone...?

Unhappy Going Alone...?

My friend and I got separate weekends, and she can't swap for weekend 1, and I can't make weekend 2.
    I'm 20, female, 2 year veteran, but i'm kinda introverted... I do a lot of stuff alone but I'm afraid Coachella will suck by myself.
    It's cool I can see everyone I want without having to take one for the team, but I just don't know...
    Has anyone gone alone? How is it?

Default Re: Going Alone...?

I'm going solo this year and I honestly can't wait.

Don't sweat it, you'll be fine and you'll make heaps of friends while there.

What I wouldn't give to be 20 ... and female.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Don't worry you're going to have a blast!!! I'm going alone.

Going alone is great! You get to set your own schedule, see who you want, leave early when X band sucks, eat when you want to...

If you're planning on car camping alone (and already have a camping pass), join our camping group! We're a friendly bunch and most of us are solo or have been solo in previous years. It's the best of both worlds - set your own schedule during the day, chill with cool peeps at night.

Pro-tip: Bring a lighter, even if you don't smoke. People always seem to ask me for a light; it's a good way to break the ice. Ask them which acts they saw and who they're excited to see. Boom: new friend made.
    Last edited by ibuprofane; 03-20-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Solo is fun...I did it for years

have your own adventure

don't worry about trying to connect with people and make a bunch of plans in advance....go and you'll find your way.

meeting people at the fest is easy if you want to

read the tips and guide area so have the items you're gonna need
    Last edited by baily; 03-20-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Lurker

Hey guys, why dont you plan on all meeting up?! I've never gone alone but It sounds fun and interesting, if you can find my camp you can chill with us, prob gonna have an American and Californian Flag up, holla!

I will most likely be alone Weekend 2. I like going to shows alone because I completely enjoy the set and dance like a fool without my friends bringing me down.

Those are not your real friends.

This is my first time and going solo. I worried sometimes but i think its gonna be fun!

Solo is great.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Did it last year, it was a totally different experience, and it was more music oriented than worrying about getting smashed and finding the party.
    But your a girl so you'll probably have the party come to you and get to see all the sets.

we are the same age and i am going alone for weekend 1 as well!

Lurker

After a few drinks or other fun stuff, being alone at a music festival is the BEST. I met all kinds of people when I was separated.

Same for me Last year I miss a couple of acts because my friend wanted to catch other acts.

Well, if you're not trolling, then you're more than welcome to come with my friends and I. We are car camping and have an extra spot for your personal tent if you want. We're not perverts, plus my friend Veronica is going too you guys can talk about girl stuff. PM me if you want. Otherwise have fun anyway!
    I'd do suprefan.

going solo for the first time this year. can't wait.

Smile Re: Going Alone...?

AWW!! You can hang out with us! I'm a loud, obnoxious extrovert so it'll be a good fit. Here is my Google+, Facebook and Twitter I'll kind of be alone too...I'm going with 3 dudes 2 of which I don't know AND it's my first time at Coachella, so I'm scared.

Lurker

uhhmmm, you're definitely gonna want to hang out with Megsrhea. Fuck, i'm going with friends and I want to hang out with Megz.

Quote Originally Posted by megsrhea View Post
    AWW!! You can hang out with us! I'm a loud, obnoxious extrovert so it'll be a good fit. Here is my Google+, Facebook and Twitter I'll kind of be alone too...I'm going with 3 dudes 2 of which I don't know AND it's my first time at Coachella, so I'm scared.
    I'm going solo too, you can hang out with me haha
    Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22 | Hercules & Love Affair live @ Club Dada 9/22 | Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9 | Hardkiss @ Dallas 10/10 | SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12 | Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ Austin 11/23

You guys should pick a spot where all the Solo people can meet up and choose who they want to hang with lol.

With that trendy Tinder App, there is no excuse for anyone being alone, if you have a "smart" phone. Me, I want a "smart" payphone I could lug around.

Lurker

i'm going alone and a bit nervous. we should have a meet up area for the solo peeps

Lurker

I'm flying solo for the first time this year and looking forward to it! It's usually all about the music for me, and as ibuprofane posted you can come and go as you like without worrying about your friends.

Solo is definitely the way to go. I've done it in 2011 and again this year. Paul Tollet once said, "if you have the same Coachella experience as another person, somebody did it wrong."

well i am not gong solo but the group that is going with me are all couples haha so anyone want to hang ? message me I am going to week 1 by the way.dont matter if your a women or a men I am not looking for anything romantic or a fling i am just wanting to have fun and meet peeps and enjoying watching cool bands live.. Btw i am lady .

I prefer the solo trips. You meet more people and you don't have to worry about keeping anyone else happy. I've made some good friends there and plan to meet up for a drink with them again.

I go alone every year, and week two I have my brothers and some friends who also go, but I still go alone. I prefer it. Since otherwise you spend too much time trying to see what they want, and trying to reconnect after getting seperated

I've always gone alone as well. Its not that bad. Even though I stay with people at a house near by, I do the festival on my own and at my own pace. Have a good time. I'll be there week 2.
    *would you like to be creeped slowly or fast?*

Solochella for me as well. I've been to Coachella before but not alone. Im so excited and i can't wait for weekend 2 to come. Best of all I have VIP but, I'll most likely be in the crowd most of the time for the amazing experience. only 10 days left...