Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Default Re: FOOD.

I shall be eating good weekend 1! Also, they're calling it the "Beer Barn" interesting.

And they will have a Rum Bar!
    Last edited by Lynn163; 03-19-2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: just found the rum bar.

I saw this & instantly

Yep...better come loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    I shall be eating good weekend 1! Also, they're calling it the "Beer Barn" interesting.

And they will have a Rum Bar!
    The Rum Bar is in The Rosegarden. Isn't that area only for VIP?

I like the sound of this "Beer Barn" I keep seeing.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    The Rum Bar is in The Rosegarden. Isn't that area only for VIP?
    It was last year.

I could care less but I'm sure the local communities are going to bitch (which I can't blame them) as to why no local chefs/ "foodies" weren't included
    Last edited by levi760; 03-19-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Roving dinner Outstanding in the Field will for the first time host an event at a music festival. A Coachella package that includes the dinner is now available for purchase online at coachella.com: $225 for dinner only, dinner with a three-day general-admission pass for $600; or dinner with a three-day VIP pass for $1,024. The dinner will include a cocktail from Goldie’s or Eveleigh, beer and wine, and four courses served family-style and cooked by Casey Lane (The Tasting Kitchen), Steve Samson (Sotto), Charlie Parker (Freddy Smalls), Jason Neroni (Superba Snack Bar), Rory Herrmann (Broad Museum Restaurant) and Clark Staub (Full of Life Flatbread).
    http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...#ixzz2wSu1CquY

this is definitely the reason i stop using the internet, indoor plumbing, most electrical devices, and generally disconnect from the world for 4 days. to overpay even more for shit like sushi in the California desert sun.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    this is definitely the reason i stop using the internet, indoor plumbing, most electrical devices, and generally disconnect from the world for 4 days. to overpay even more for shit like sushi in the California desert sun.
    well said....I don't believe this is going to be as successful as they think.

"...For early morning and late-night eats, campers at the festival can snack on comfort food..." sounds like most of these restaurants are going to be outside the actual venue among campers where most of them barely saved enough to go to coachella let alone eat a $50 meal. And second, Most of your hipster foodie snobs are probably not camping and have a nice comfy rental someone. I see the size of this being greatly reduced next year

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...#ixzz2wT0MozOz

However, people in rentals (like my family) need to eat while at the festival and I love all the great options!

LA people: what do you recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    However, people in rentals (like my family) need to eat while at the festival and I love all the great options!
    yeah the bowls of free pretzels and water they had before just wasn't cutting it. the food variety was diverse and appropriate enough already, this kind of crap just reeks of catering to a crowd that cares about where they are/being seen than actually experiencing anything. the festival has been going this way for years, this is just the most transparent move they've made to date. would've liked to see the extra money they're spending on this frivolous nonsense go toward booking a few more top/middle-tier acts this year.

but hey, enjoy your foie gras ice cream with wasabi sea salt or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

BUT FOOD IS AN ART!

Bummed that the sushi will be VIP only
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    WHAAAAT?

yeah the bowls of free pretzels and water they had before just wasn't cutting it. the food variety was diverse and appropriate enough already, this kind of crap just reeks of catering to a crowd that cares about where they are/being seen than actually experiencing anything. the festival has been going this way for years, this is just the most transparent move they've made to date. would've liked to see the extra money they're spending on this frivolous nonsense go toward booking a few more top/middle-tier acts this year.

I see this as staying competitive in the festival realm more than anything. Upon going to Outside Lands for the first time last year, I was ridiculously impressed by how good the food and alcohol was compared to Coachella...it wasn't even close, and I was somebody who promoted how good Coachella's food was for a festival. This and the craft beer garden at least take a solid step in the right direction.

The one thing I appreciate about Coachella compared to everybody else is that they clearly send people to other festivals, and improve where they are weak. For example, the new Sahara (which I was only even in for Prydz, but still) is clearly a response to the large scale stages at EDC and Ultra. Now they are trying to step up the food and beverage options to match Outside Lands. Tollett and co. are clearly just as competitive as they are art-minded, in my mind. And then you see people on Inforoo who are begging for the same simple changes to water, sound issues, shade, and organization every year...makes you appreciate that there is never a problem at Coachella that lasts for more than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Same question.

BOO! Though honestly, raw fish in the Coachella heat isn't all that enticing.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Good. Over priced fish in the heat? Pass.

Mohawk Bend is really good and so is Crossroads. I've heard Sugarfish is really good too. I just can't see eating sushi at Coachella, but that's me.

i can only attest to a few..

Bar Ama - really good tex-mex. specialize in puffy tacos, which are a like chimichangas except tacos and much better. their homemade guacamole is badass.
    Mexicali Taco Company - i've been here a few times and always thought it was so-so. basic tacos carne asada, carnitas, etc. a step up from taco truck food.
    Mohawk Bend - great homemade pizzas! but everything i've tried has been good.

Attention giant dummies: Goldenvoice doesn't pay these places to be at the festival. These vendors PAY GOLDENVOICE to be at the festival. Nothing is being taken away from you. They are not putting foodie places in place at an extra cost, therefore sacrificing better acts. If anything, they're earning extra money from this IN ORDER to book better acts.

Jesus Christ. I weep for the future.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Agreed. I'd prefer more room for music than being crowded by even more vendors. I have bought alcohol only once in the past 3 years at Coachella because of the cost and because I don't want to be limited to the beer gardens. I've been to OSL, and while I appreciate the food, I only liked it because there weren't as many acts that were as big of a pull. I was okay missing half a set waiting in line for a glass of wine or fancy food because most of the acts were ones I either caught at other festivals or was only somewhat interested in.

But hey, if this keeps people away from the stages so they can eat/drink/schmooze, I'm fine! More space for me at the stage! As long as I still get my crab fries!

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I don't know yet, but I am determined to try some of these places before the fest to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Attention giant dummies: Goldenvoice doesn't pay these places to be at the festival. These vendors PAY GOLDENVOICE to be at the festival. Nothing is being taken away from you. They are not putting foodie places in place at an extra cost, therefore sacrificing better acts. If anything, they're earning extra money from this IN ORDER to book better acts.

Jesus Christ. I weep for the future.
    Yeah, I agree- I highly doubt they are paying to have those food venders there; people are lining up to do business at/with coachella...however, I am curious as to whether car camping space was sacrificed to make room for these "pop-up" restaurants..I know they were clearing out some old stables but I think its a good question considering how weekend 1 car camping was sold out during pre-sale and the huge demand for passes after they sold out.

I'm looking forward to the map... then we'll see.

It seems like a lot of you are unaware that the festival will be 5 acres bigger this year.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

They are aware, but believe that space where the stables used to be, that's far away from all stages and all camping areas could be best used to expand space near the stages and additional car camping.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.