Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 82

Thread: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

  1. #1
    Member baily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,923

    Default With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Beady Eye ...that's a band with a large pull. They were listed high on the poster.

    I don't get with all the $$$ Coachella has pulled that they don't or can't get some decent band to replace them.

    Many years ago Coachella was famous for their ability to add groups at the end to add pop to the festival....seems like those days are long gone
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Beady Eye ...that's a band with a large pull. They were listed high on the poster.

    I don't get with all the $$$ Coachella has pulled that they don't or can't get some decent band to replace them.

    Many years ago Coachella was famous for their ability to add groups at the end to add pop to the festival....seems like those days are long gone
    They are? Coachella won't replace them because they don't have to.

  3. #3
    Member rambleonfreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    789

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Everyone was just going to wait for Wonderwall

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,390

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Where have all the late adds gone?

    #PaulaCole
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  5. #5
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,219

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Beady Eye ...that's a band with a large pull. They were listed high on the poster.

    I don't get with all the $$$ Coachella has pulled that they don't or can't get some decent band to replace them.

    Many years ago Coachella was famous for their ability to add groups at the end to add pop to the festival....seems like those days are long gone
    Why? Because.

    Is this really such a big deal?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  6. #6
    Member baily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,923

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    If a dinner menu states you are to get 2 sides with a meal ...they are out of one...you normally get another option...

    Coachella fest doesn't operate that way

    Coachella can just put whatever they want on a poster then alter it....and you get what you get and shut the f up...

    great policy
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

  7. #7
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,524

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Baily thread

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,953

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,390

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    If a dinner menu states you are to get 2 sides with a meal ...they are out of one...you normally get another option...

    Coachella fest doesn't operate that way

    Coachella can just put whatever they want on a poster then alter it....and you get what you get and shut the f up...

    great policy
    Vote with your feet, dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  10. #10
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    623

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    If a dinner menu states you are to get 2 sides with a meal ...they are out of one...you normally get another option...
    Yes, normally they let you choose something else that's already on the menu. They don't run out and whip up something special just to placate your depressingly narrow palate.

  11. #11
    Member baily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,923

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Yes, normally they let you choose something else that's already on the menu. They don't run out and whip up something special just to placate your depressingly narrow palate.
    Glad you are happy about bands being cut and not giving a shit about them being replaced

    Fuck tard...way to support the business model...you should work for GV
    Last edited by baily; 03-18-2014 at 08:32 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

  12. #12
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,219

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Were you even interested in seeing Beady Eye in the first place?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  13. #13
    Member Eddie S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ventura County
    Posts
    355

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    If they didn't get a replacement for Lou Reed last year they will certainly not get one for Beady Eye.

    9/28 Pixies - Hollywood Bowl
    9/30 King Crimson - Orpheum Theatre
    10/16 Cloud Nothings - Velvet Jones
    10/29 Tycho - Ventura Theater
    10/31 QOTSA - Forum
    11/4 United Nations - Catch One (?)
    11/9 Bad Religion - The Mayan
    11/14 Death From Above 1979 - Regent

  14. #14
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    623

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Glad you are happy about bands being cut and not giving a shit about them being replaced

    Fuck tard...way to support the business and not the people
    Well, I'm just glad that it seems to upset you. Also your simile was shitty and you're an idiot.

  15. #15

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Its mind blowing how people write this off as no big deal. Your a fucking asshole if you think they don't have to add anyone. People on here defend GV saying they can do what they want and , oh,..its no big deal, there are so many other bands! Whatever to those people, you paid for beadyeye whether you liked the band or not. Now GV pockets your money when they really should be obligated to spend or give it back to you.

    Fucking festival promoters can always get away with shit like this.

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,953

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    most of us paid for coachella before there was a lineup your fucking donk.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  17. #17
    Member baily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,923

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Were you even interested in seeing Beady Eye in the first place?
    yea....not big time, but yea I would of went.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

  18. #18
    Member baily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,923

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Some of you don't get it or you're too fucking stupid

    they had a band rated high on their poster...shit happened and they aren't playing

    REPLACE THEM WITH ANOTHER BAND

    They have the money and the means

    but na' some of you fuck tards say....'no big deal' 'who cares' ...goes to show cognitive thought doesn't pass on to everyone
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

  19. #19
    Member imademilwaukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    echo park
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    you can cry all you want, but you have two options. go to coachella or stop going to coachella. if you're so upset, put your money where your mouth is and don't ever go back again. whining on a message board won't do anything as long as the festival keeps selling out. money speaks louder than anything else, right?

  20. #20
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,219

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    "Line-up subject to change"
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  21. #21
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,340

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    goes to show cognitive thought doesn't pass on to everyone
    Correct. Especially not you, since, you know, you think it's called "cognitive thought."

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  22. #22
    Member baily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,923

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    you can cry all you want, but you have two options. go to coachella or stop going to coachella. if you're so upset, put your money where your mouth is and don't ever go back again. whining on a message board won't do anything as long as the festival keeps selling out. money speaks louder than anything else, right?
    or post a disagreement here

    I have a great time, but I don't respect GV for not replacing a a band that isn't coming or cancelled. You and I know they have all the money and means to replace that band with an equal or greater band...but they don't.

    if they had no way of replacing them or they cancelled a few days before the fest...I'd get it, but they've had well over a month to do something.
    Last edited by baily; 03-18-2014 at 08:58 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

  23. #23
    Member santasutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    2,345

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    yea....not big time, but yea I would of went.
    I might be too fucking stupid but I can conjugate the verb "go."

  24. #24

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    The festival also didn't sell out those years where big late adds happened, so those adds were a way to draw more people. Nowadays, half the lineup could theoretically cancel and it wouldn't change the fact that they've still technically made their money off everyone for the year.

    Would a big late add be nice? Of course. But if you think one is happening, you haven't been paying attention for a long time now.

    Also, fuck Beady Eye.

  25. #25
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,340

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Also, fuck baily.

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  26. #26
    Member Corona89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    So-Cal
    Posts
    366

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Id lose my shit if they added portugal the man.

  27. #27
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,219

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    Id lose my shit if they added portugal the man.
    So you weren't there last year?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  28. #28

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    or post a disagreement here

    I have a great time, but I don't respect GV for not replacing a a band that isn't coming or cancelled. You and I know they have all the money and means to replace that band with an equal or greater band...but they don't.

    if they had no way of replacing them or they cancelled a few days before the fest...I'd get it, but they've had well over a month to do something.
    I agree with you baily. People obviously don't value they're hard earned money. I at least make it be known on this important message board its BS how promoters will do this.

    I'll still have a great time, but it shows a lack of character when people just don't give a shit.

  29. #29
    Member imademilwaukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    echo park
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    i don't pretend to know the financials of GV, but what are the chances they purposely book over budget knowing they will have cancellations?

  30. #30

    Default Re: With Beady Eye out...why no replacement Coachella?

    didn't they replace the rolling stones with rhcp though? So what the fuck do I know...

Similar Threads

  1. Who will replace Beady Eye
    By coach1 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 07:37 PM
  2. Fuck Off, I'm going to Beady Eye
    By santasutt in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-26-2014, 10:40 PM
  3. Beady Eye
    By fibes in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 03:32 PM
  4. Beady Eye at Coachella 2011??
    By mlant in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 11:22 AM
  5. Lost a shirt I bought at Coachella, will pay more for replacement
    By jockeyfullofbourbon in forum Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •