Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 34

Thread: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

  1. #1

    Default WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    So i still have no place to stay for weekend 1... not sure why scalpers think it is ok to charge 400-500 for a camping pass that costs $85. These assholes should be stomped in the Saharra.

  2. #2
    Member blueduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    you should be stomped for not buying it early
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,406

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!


  4. #4

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dk261601 View Post
    So i still have no place to stay for weekend 1... not sure why scalpers think it is ok to charge 400-500 for a camping pass that costs $85. These assholes should be stomped in the Saharra.
    You could always try to join a group that already has camping set up...It seems to be quite easy to do around here.

  5. #5

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    1) Supply and Demand, this wasn't the case last year 2) the suggestion to try to join a camp is a great one, but you may have hurt your chances with your aggressive tone 3)Good luck finding somewhere to sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Try reaching out to your cousin yet?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Coachella 2012 - Weekend 2
    Coachella 2013 - Weekend 2
    Coachella 2014 - Weekend 1

  6. #6
    Member ELIZA83TH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,126

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    I probably wouldn't sell you a camping pass with that aggressive tone you seem so entitled to.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

  7. #7

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Just stay at Shadow Hills RV Park. Thats where I am staying. It cost like 130 per person for 4 days.

  8. #8

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by blueduck View Post
    you should be stomped for not buying it early
    Blueduck... I chose not to buy presale because giving Coachella your money before they release the lineup only opens the door for them to book bull shit headliners like they did last year. Unfortunately, all the camping passes sold out in the presale. Would have gladly bought them early, but was only trying to avoid another year of Phoenix, Blur, and RHCP for the greater good of us all.

  9. #9

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Levi760 & KingRL, thanks for the good advice. Have a few friend camps that I can probably crash with... already have a companion pass... just wanted my own camp site for convenience sake. I'm guessing its likely to be the hottest Coachella of all time given the recent temps in Cali, so a little extra space when it hits 110 degrees will be much needed.

    Eliza83th - 5 straight Coachellas = entitled

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    fuck lot 4
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    you snooze you lose, mother fucker
    Outkast, Broken Bells, Bonobo, Flume, Jagwar Ma, Shlohmo, Grouplove, Duke Dumont, the Preatures
    Lorde, Foster the People, the Head and the Heart, CHVRCHES, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Blood Orange, the Magician
    Arcade Fire, Beck, Disclosure, Rudimental, STRFKR, Trombone Shorty, Poolside, Classixx, Aeroplane

  11. #11
    Member Kindoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Culver Shitty, CA
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dk261601 View Post
    Levi760 & KingRL, thanks for the good advice. Have a few friend camps that I can probably crash with... already have a companion pass... just wanted my own camp site for convenience sake. I'm guessing its likely to be the hottest Coachella of all time given the recent temps in Cali, so a little extra space when it hits 110 degrees will be much needed.

    Eliza83th - 5 straight Coachellas = entitled
    crab fries

  12. #12
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,215

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dk261601 View Post
    Blueduck... I chose not to buy presale because giving Coachella your money before they release the lineup only opens the door for them to book bull shit headliners like they did last year. Unfortunately, all the camping passes sold out in the presale. Would have gladly bought them early, but was only trying to avoid another year of Phoenix, Blur, and RHCP for the greater good of us all.
    "Our presale sold out! Time to book headliners everyone will HATE!"

    Sure, it totally works like this.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  13. #13
    Member Kindoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Culver Shitty, CA
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rs.paris View Post
    you snooze you lose, mother fucker
    or in this case you snooze, you don't snooze. AMIRITE?
    crab fries

  14. #14

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    "Our presale sold out! Time to book headliners everyone will HATE!"

    Sure, it totally works like this.
    Don't tell me how festival booking works son... I have both opened for headliners on music festivals, and helped book music festivals myself. Tell me why Goldenvoice would fork over tons of cash to book Daft Punk or The Rolling Stones when they sell out before the lineup is even released. To be fair, I know Goldenvoice takes a lot of pride in Chella, and their goal is never to put on a bad festival, but my point is, they have your money, why would they pay more money to book Daft Punk or The Rolling Stones, when they can pay WAAAY less to book Phoenix, Blur... and uuugh The Stone Roses? It works both ways... a few years back they weren't selling tickets, and what did they do, they added Prince to the damn lineup... learn the biz kid.

  15. #15
    Member ELIZA83TH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,126

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Go suck a dick, bro.
    Probably the only way you're gonna find anyone willing to sell you their camping pass.
    For $500 at best.
    No one gives a fuck how many Coachellas you've been to if you're an asshole.

    Good luck, you entitled prick.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

  16. #16

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ELIZA83TH View Post
    Go suck a dick, bro.
    Probably the only way you're gonna find anyone willing to sell you their camping pass.
    For $500 at best.
    No one gives a fuck how many Coachellas you've been to if you're an asshole.

    Good luck, you entitled prick.
    How do you really feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Try reaching out to your cousin yet?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Coachella 2012 - Weekend 2
    Coachella 2013 - Weekend 2
    Coachella 2014 - Weekend 1

  17. #17
    Member dcbell05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    519

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dk261601 View Post
    Don't tell me how festival booking works son... I have both opened for headliners on music festivals, and helped book music festivals myself. Tell me why Goldenvoice would fork over tons of cash to book Daft Punk or The Rolling Stones when they sell out before the lineup is even released. To be fair, I know Goldenvoice takes a lot of pride in Chella, and their goal is never to put on a bad festival, but my point is, they have your money, why would they pay more money to book Daft Punk or The Rolling Stones, when they can pay WAAAY less to book Phoenix, Blur... and uuugh The Stone Roses? It works both ways... a few years back they weren't selling tickets, and what did they do, they added Prince to the damn lineup... learn the biz kid.
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?

    You're an idiot if you think presale isn't going to sell out. Spare us your "I did it for YOUR good" bullsh*t. Someone who has been for the last FIVE YEARS should know it will sell out. If you want to risk not getting a camping pass during the regular sale, don't come crying to the boards.

    And FYI, this whole camping sellout thing isn't anything new. In 2011, camping passes were easily going for $500+ on every 3rd market site. Learned my lesson to buy during pre-sale.
    Last edited by dcbell05; 03-14-2014 at 10:41 AM.

  18. #18
    Member najahed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    i purchased my ticket and camping pass during pre-sale. what's all the commotion?

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.
    Posts
    597

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Get over yourself. You want a fucking medal because you've been to 5 coachellas? Maybe a blue happy face sticker? Supply and demand big guy- I agree that scalping is morally fucked, but you sir are one entitled asshole.

  20. #20
    Member imademilwaukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    echo park
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    judging a festival strictly by the 3 headliners shows a lack of musical interest or curiosity

  21. #21

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    charging 6 times the amount just cause you can is a dick move. Coachella is about the experience and fun, but people bastardize it by trying to make an easy buck at other people's expense. It's capitalism at it's worst. Yeah maybe people should have been more proactive at securing tickets, but it doesn't excuse the scalpers for taking advantage.

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.
    Posts
    597

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by badmthfckr View Post
    charging 6 times the amount just cause you can is a dick move. Coachella is about the experience and fun, but people bastardize it by trying to make an easy buck at other people's expense. It's capitalism at it's worst. Yeah maybe people should have been more proactive at securing tickets, but it doesn't excuse the scalpers for taking advantage.
    Agreed, but thats another argument entirely.

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,200

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    It is incredible how many fucking morons are arguing with each other in this thread.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  24. #24
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,215

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dk261601 View Post
    but my point is, they have your money, why would they pay more money to book Daft Punk or The Rolling Stones, when they can pay WAAAY less to book Phoenix, Blur... and uuugh The Stone Roses? It works both ways... a few years back they weren't selling tickets, and what did they do, they added Prince to the damn lineup... learn the biz kid.
    Rolling Stones asked for more money than Goldenvoice was willing to offer.

    Daft Punk doesn't want to tour or do live shows at the moment.

    Love how you call me "kid" without having any idea how old I actually am.
    Last edited by tyles; 03-14-2014 at 12:08 PM.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  25. #25
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    LOS ANGELES
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    1554388_10152641403130278_1533218515_n.jpg

    they are all right here!!!

  26. #26
    Member dcbell05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    519

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Best response so far.

  27. #27
    Member rambleonfreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    777

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    LOL

  28. #28
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,215

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  29. #29
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    LOS ANGELES
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    lol

    Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner.

  30. #30
    Member Kindoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Culver Shitty, CA
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE CAMPING PASSES!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It is incredible how many fucking morons are arguing with each other in this thread.
    it's only right that you joined.
    crab fries

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 01:36 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 08:54 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 12:38 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 04:02 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2012, 09:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •