Thread: Best Coachella Memory

Default Best Coachella Memory

My best Coachella memory was 2010 me and my friends started up on Bloody Marys on late morning Friday. We were camping way the crap far from the entrance because we didn't get parked til 3am Friday. We had one bicycle to get four people from the far end of car camping to the entrance. We got one on the handlebars, one on the seat, one standing on the back tire axle and the driver (me) standing. That Coachella was blazing hot and we weaved through the crowd for what seemed like forever to the front entrance, laughing our asses off the whole way. We celebrated by shotgunning beers before we entered Coachella.

Default Re: Best Coachella Memory

This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

I still like my first Coachella walking in once the doors opened. Making my way past the grassy area (where the ferris wheel lives now) just walking in for the first time. And two beautiful blondes pass by in tiny bikinis and flowers in their hair saying "HAPPY COACHELLA!" I looked at my friend and smiled and said this is going to be an awesome weekend!

Cheesy, I know... but it made a lasting impression on me.

My cousin tells me a his favorite story is camping in 2007 some guy dressed like Spiderman is running through the camp ground holding his tent above his head. My cousin being the asshole that he is, yells at the guy "YOU SUCK DUDE" for no reason. Guy fires back with "I DON'T CARE! I LOVE COACHELLA!"
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Rage Against the Machine's return. Still a holy shit moment
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Singing along to Tunnels covered in a ceiling of Arcade Fire balls.

As if having endured the hour-long trip from the back all the way to the front during Mumford & Sons, dealing with the noise blast that Animal Collective was, and finding ourselves front and center for one of my favorite bands's best performances wasn't enough, the Arcade Fire balls dropping on our heads that seemed to never end capped off an incredible evening, only to get better. Somehow during the encore-break, the balls seemed to create a ton of space and you could actually move freely and see people's faces as the balls above lit us up. As the first few notes of Tunnels were played, the biggest smiles on everyone's faces began singing along. And even though we could no longer see the band and couldn't hear each other, you could read the lips as we sung along, and see a joy in everyone's eyes knowing it was something special.

Yup, cheesy mcbreezy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

My first tap n' blow in the Sahara.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

trapping my dick off at lowriderz

Quote Originally Posted by InF3cT10uZ View Post
    trapping my dick off at lowriderz
    Okay, so I know the board has it's share of English Majors, writers, reporters, and of course, the grammar police... Anyone know if we have a translator available for shit like this?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Trapping may be referring to selling dope. Hopefully s/he will clarify.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trapping
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

My friends and I had a nightmare journey from Palm Springs to the fest via Will Call our first Coachella in 2012 and missed a bunch of bands in the morning. But the feelings of relief and excitement of getting in the gates and making it to main stage in time for Arctic Monkeys will always stay with me - we were FINALLY at Coachella, even if it was raining at the time!

Back for a third year with one friend this time, we know where we're going, what we're doing and who we want to see and I just feel like this might just be our best Coachella yet...
    2012(1), 2013(2), 2014(1)

Daft Punk, Naked Wizard, my friend so intoxicated that he didn't recognize me, The Chemical Brothers live, Dre/Snoop, Radiohead and I know I'm missing a bunch but that's all for now.

too many good times and amazing moments to dial it down to one

I come back with more stories from one weekend then I do from an average month

the best is knowing more good times await in April every year.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

My best memory was actually last year. Of all the years I'd been (started in 06), I'd never gotten on the fucking ferris wheel. Finally did last year with my girl and 2 of my best friends while we were all trippin balls, it was amazing.

probably seeing Dre, Refused and At the Drive-in all together on one poster, and knowing I'd see my most loved bands/acts I never thought I'd see.
    11/28 - Dixon - Secret
    12/5 - Gareth Emery - SLS Vegas
    12/6 - Heart - House of Blues, Las Vegas
    12/12 - Cat Stevens - Masonic Center
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

It's hard to pick one definitive moment from all the years' past Coachellas.
    I feel like walking in the gates of the festival Friday morning is always such an uplifting feeling.
    It's like from that moment until Monday morning, everything seems so awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Another fond memory is after Gorillaz ended their set. The festival was over, we're all walking away in an unusually quiet crowd. All just kind of bewildered and silent.

And as we're walking closer to the Glass Organ we see this kid start playing Let it Be on it. I start screaming at him "YOU WIN KID, YOU JUST WON COACHELLA!"
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10