Thread: Propane grill

Cool Propane grill

Are propane grills allowed? I'm be with a group of 4 with two camping spots anyone have suggestions?

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: Propane grill

They're allowed, I don't believe that charcoal grills are.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I think it's only the little camping ones nothing that takes a big tank.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

If only there was somewhere one could look for info like this. If there was I think they should call it a "FAQ" which would stand for "frequently asked questions."

And if it did exist I think the wording should go something like this, doesn't have to be exact, though:
    May I use a stove to cook?
    The use of a outdoor cooking appliance is only permitted in the Car Camping areas. Cooking in the Tent Camping area is not permitted. The following are the requirements for the use of a outdoor cooking appliance:
    1. All cooking appliances shall bear a certification or listing from a nationally recognized testing or certification organization.
    2. Cooking appliances that only utilize propane as the fuel source shall be permitted. No wood, charcoal, flammable/combustible liquid cooking appliances permitted.
    3. One cooking appliance per camp site shall be permitted.
    4. Maximum amount of propane per campsite shall not exceed 20 pounds or 48 pounds of water capacity.
    5. A minimum of 3 feet of clearance shall be maintained at all times while the cooking appliance is in use. No combustible material shall be within 3 feet of the cooking appliance.
    6. Cooking appliances shall only be used during the hours of 7:00 am to 2:00 am PST.
    7. Cooking appliances, when in use, shall not be left unattended.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 03-09-2014 at 07:37 PM.

In my opinion just buying your meals from a vendor and bringing snacks is better than cooking for yourself. Then small amount of money you saved isnoutweoghed by the massive pain in the ass of cooking and cleaning in the desert. The only thing worth using that stove for is coffee or knife hits.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Ice to keep your food cold costs more than eating vendor food
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by adrock265 View Post
    In my opinion just buying your meals from a vendor and bringing snacks is better than cooking for yourself. Then small amount of money you saved isnoutweoghed by the massive pain in the ass of cooking and cleaning in the desert. The only thing worth using that stove for is coffee or knife hits.
    1st of all, i strongly disagree
    2nd of all, knife hits? Are you 12?

I cook breakfast in the morning and it's fun. last year we fed 18 people. precooking bacon is the trick YUM
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

That's why its an opinion I'm not right just saying my part that's why its a forum. And yes I am 12 I have that disease like robin Williams in jack so I look old and just like robin Williams I am mad hairy. A 12 year old knife hit consuming hater of food that isn't prepared by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Not sure if serious, but this is an interesting thought. Bear with me here...

Assuming you showed up to car camping with no ice at all, you're stuck paying, IIRC, $10 per 10 lb bag. To keep one cooler cold, let's be liberal and say you'll spend $70 on ice from Thursday through Sunday afternoon. That's a lot, but let's run with it. Let's also assume you'll buy 3 meals on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and 1 meal on Thursday = 10 meals total. The average cost of a vendor meal at Coachella is definitely greater than $7. So no, I don't think this theory checks out unless you're fine with eating dry food for breakfast and lunch, then buying dinner. Even then, and assuming you're only spending $30 on ice, 4 vendor dinners is probably going to cost more than $30.

Anyway, you're probably buying ice for your beer and water anyway, so this whole exercise is pointless. Not to mention the fact that you're probably camping in a group and everyone is helping pay for ice.

All that being said, I bring a propane stove that is only really used for breakfast, and a few times we've made pasta or grilled cheese for dinner at 1am. Really simple stuff that no adult should consider a 'hassle'. IMO, a propane stove is a necessity!
    Last edited by enginedown; 03-10-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IRSCOTT View Post
    I cook breakfast in the morning and it's fun. last year we fed 18 people. precooking bacon is the trick YUM
    i'll cook it for you if I can do it in the nude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    CAGEFIGHT!!!!!!!
    motherfuckers to the death.

and on top of your wife.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Katie7766 View Post
    Are propane grills allowed? I'm be with a group of 4 with two camping spots anyone have suggestions?
    yes they are I bring one for each of our campsites and cook on them everyyear, we use the coleman fold up two burner propane stoves uses the same canister as coleman propane lamps for campsites easy and conveinent

We've always gone weekend 2, so it's always been so f*cking hot that none of us wanted to spend the energy to cook. Lol. Now we're going weekend 1. However, we do pretty well with just bringing food that doesn't need to be cooked. So, just because you don't bring a stove doesn't mean you have to buy every meal. We usually buy 1 meal a day and eat the rest at camp. LOTS of fruit, yogurt, cereal, sandwiches (last year croissants and deli meats were a it), potatoe/egg salad, etc.

I don't know how people could live with out a grill! My group brings a grill (sometimes two) and a camping stove. Breakfast burritos every morning and then just a mix of burgers, brats, dogs, "hobo meals" and stuff like that for lunches and dinners. There's a good thread in the camping forum that talks all about the good stuff you can cook at your campsite. I just don't understand how people have the energy to party for four days without eating real food.

I wouldn't Coachella without a grill.
    We need some yummy eats in the mornings.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Try dry ice.