Thread: Work 9 to 5.

Default Work 9 to 5.

Hey Guys,
    I am super stocked for Coachella this year I love 80 percent of the bands and this is the first year I am going. Partly because I normally spend all my money Skiing and Snowboarding but I tore my ACL this year and my knee is actually still not healed. I have a full time job where I have the luxary of having internet. I made my screen small for the Ticket Sale but our work computers internet conection went down 3 times. I canít get on the Internet on my phone and be looking at my phone and its probably a worse internet connection. Because of that I ended up buying 490 dollar wrist band from a 3rd party. I spent over 700 dollars with my Acomidations but this is for my Birthday. Does Anyone else have the same problem with the Online Sale?
    I would of LOVED to buy directly from Frontgates.

Default Re: Work 9 to 5.

Totally unrelated note.

My sister tore her ACL and had knee surgery about 6 months before her first Coachella. We were camped pretty close to the entrance, but her knee still got really sore/painful during the day. Make sure you bring whatever drugs your doctor recommends (make sure you have the perscription or your name on the bottle) and stop by the First Aid tent to get it iced a few times a day.

Good luck!

Will, I will be bringing a hard and soft knee brace and I am actually staying in Shadow Hills RV Park for special event Tent camping. I am a pretty tough guy but yea when I went to San Diego for New Years Eve it was Swollen the next day. I don't take any perscriptions for it and its actually a Re Injury. I think I will be fine but I expect to be sore.

Thanks!

tickets to coachella is a cruel cruel waiting game. just get ready for next years presale in May.

My biggest problem is that now Frontgates is mailing me their Shuttle Pass so I can get to and From the RV Park with Camping I am staying at and my Wrist Band for weekend 1 will not be sent until Late March or even Directly before the Thursday I leave. Scary. And I paid 490 for the wrist band.

None of this makes sense to me.

The Brooker is mailing my Wrist band late. Bro Ha ha

Thread: Has anyone who is recovering from a torn ACL gone to Coachella?

9/11 Swans - Roxy
    9/30 King Crimson - Orpheum Theatre
    10/29 Tycho - Ventura Theater
    10/31 QOTSA - Forum
    11/4 United Nations - Los Globos

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    None of this makes sense to me.
    He's stocked for Coachella.

His job provides him the luxary of the internet, but not the luxary of taking a break to use his phone. His phone, it seems, is not luxarious enough to have the internet, or at least it has a very slow version of the internet.

He tore his ACL so had extra money that would have been spent on skiing and snowboarding, and was thus able to procure a $490 ticket from a 3rd party instead of Frontgates.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I did not start this blog to talk about my knee issues. Just say I wish I could of ordered the REAL PACKAGE and I am that excited about it. Maybe they can do a new system next May. IDK.

What kind of system would you propose?

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

A system where those with an injured ACL get giant phones?

Keeping the Online system for International Customers, but openning multiple frontgate sales on a Saturday where people can wait over night on Friday and buy first come first serve. Some places will be more busy than others but will stay open until computer system says all tickets are sold out. Because most sales would be in California Navada and Arazona. But people from New York can buy in shorter lines until system runs out as will. Have more in person offices open on that Saturday.
    Kind of like the way the REI used Gear Sale used to work. First Come First Serve on a weekend.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Tell me more about your blog
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Fffrancisco View Post
    Keeping the Online system for International Customers, but openning multiple frontgate sales on a Saturday where people can wait over night on Friday and buy first come first serve. Some places will be more busy than others but will stay open until computer system says all tickets are sold out. Because most sales would be in California Navada and Arazona. But people from New York can buy in shorter lines until system runs out as will. Have more in person offices open on that Saturday.
    Kind of like the way the REI used Gear Sale used to work. First Come First Serve on a weekend.
    Most of the ticket buyers are definitely from California, but I cannot be sure for Navada or Arazona. If you call Frontgates, perhaps thay can clarafy.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I had a bum knee in 2012 from a bike accident. Got it about a month before the festival.

The first couple days really sucked. My knee was swollen and i had to sit every 4 hours or so.

Oh will.

How has no one made a joke about Austin City Limits yet?

I spent over 700 dollars with my Accommodations but this is for my Birthday.
    That's it??

Adorn a spirit hood to get wounded animal sympathy from women.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

This would be a terrible decision from a business standpoint. A) This would create an extra step in giving a confirmation at the box office since the wristbands aren't available when the sale happens. B) The pre-sale happened last May, and wasn't that big of a rush, therefore people that waited til' the regular sale put themselves at a disadvantage knowing the chaos. C) Would there be a UK box office? How about Canada? There are people that come from those areas in droves.

In an unrelated note, Arazona had 0 ticket sales this year, as did Navada. They sold many thickets there though. Fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Try reaching out to your cousin yet?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coachella 2012 - Weekend 2
    Coachella 2013 - Weekend 2
    Coachella 2014 - Weekend 1

Yes, As I said International Sales would be open online. Maybe, have international tickets set aside and if they even are larger than regular sales, than allotting more tickets as they sell out.

There is no quota system, and this would be taking three steps back in efficiency and use of technology. Simple solution, stay home or go somewhere with a reliable internet connection. Buying presale is a solution also, no headache. This is your first Coachella, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Try reaching out to your cousin yet?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coachella 2012 - Weekend 2
    Coachella 2013 - Weekend 2
    Coachella 2014 - Weekend 1

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I did not start this blog to talk about my knee issues. Just say I wish I could of ordered the REAL PACKAGE and I am that excited about it. Maybe they can do a new system next May. IDK.
    You could have started with your main agenda instead of your side stories. I was having a bad hair day when the presale came live. I still managed to take a break and order some. Unless what you propose is much better and efficient for the general public, then it won't happen.

I can get you some shoulder to lean and cry on. Lemme post this thing on craygslists. I am so bad a at jeopgrafy, where is Navada and Arazona?

Being injured sucks. I've been there multiple times but it has yet to stop me from doing things and making it happen. It's tough but you can't play selfpity all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    Make sure you bring whatever drugs your doctor recommends
    Yeah. Bring those.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    ...perhaps thay can clarafy.
    Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    Adorn a spirit hood to get wounded animal sympathy from women.