Thread: San Francisco Bay Area Carpool, Weekend 2

Default San Francisco Bay Area Carpool, Weekend 2

Hi. Do you live in the SF Bay Area and are looking for a ride to Coachella for Weekend 2? We are currently looking for more people to travel with us to reduce travel expenses, i.e. the cost of gas and car rental. We currently have room for 2 more. We have a car camping space to share for the weekend as well. We are 4 guys ranging from mid to late twenties. We're chill, friendly, obviously love to talk about music and meet new people. Some of us have been to Coachella multiple times while for others it is their first. We have no age or gender requirements. 4/20 friendly but not required, some of us smoke, some of us don't. Hit me up if interested.

- Neal

Lurker

Default Re: San Francisco Bay Area Carpool, Weekend 2

We are driving from SF Bay as well! A caravan would make the time fly by on the road, maybe we'll see you out there! Hope you find some fun peeps to share the journey with.

Cool. It's always nice to see peeps from the Bay at Coachella. If you wanna hang sometime before the festival, we're down for that.

I am heading to Coachella from SF and would LOVE a ride for Weekend 2! I'm a mid-20s female, traveling solo (meeting friends there), and a Coachella veteran. I can offer gas money, witty conversation and baked goods. Let me know if you guys still have room. Thanks!

- Dana

Cool. We still have room. I'll send you a PM with some specific questions and info.

Got room for one more? I'd like to share a ride with someone but I already have a place to stay at the festival... PM me please if you still have room or questions. Thank you.

Good stuff Nor-Cal. I'm leaving Sacramento Wednesday evening. Picking up a friend from the airport in Ontario. So if anybody needs a ride that is along the I-5 give me a shout. Or if any of you's sees me broke down. Give me a lift.

Me and me gf are looking for 2 riders as well, a caravan of Bay Area folks would be great as well good luck to everyone!

Looks like some nice opportunity for Bay Area folks that need rides. There's still room in my vehicle if interested.

Lurker

We are down to hang! What are you all about? Which area of The Bay are you in? We can plan a meet up before. If we want to hook up on the caravan, we are leaving The Bay at 5am on Thursday, 4/17. See you around!

leaving thursday morning early from san mateo..... caravan? I have 4 in my whip already and meeting 2 more coming from sac... lets get a caravan going!!! good people and great music will be bumpin from the WRX! lets set up a meeting point when we hit the I-5... depending on what route you're taking. Ill be hitting 101-152-over to the I-5.... we can meet on this side, or as soon as we hit the 5... time and location suggestions?
    Last edited by jaymaly; 03-26-2014 at 09:41 AM.

I'm planning to have my carpool group meetup sometime on Saturday, April 5th in SF to get acquainted and iron out the drive details. Other carpool groups can join our meetup if that date works for you. Probably be sometime in the evening at some restaurant, bar, or lounge.

damn it! i didnt realize this is weekend 2/.////

Lurker

Cabasada, Sunset Sound System has their season opener on Sunday 4/6 (day party) at Stafford Lake… just sayin'.
    Last edited by mrslaing; 03-26-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Lurker

In fact, any of you Bay Area peeps who want to meet up before the caravan, the Sunset Season Opener will be a nice place to warm up to each other.

Unfortunately there is an anime convention also happening on April 6th in Oakland and my company is helping run their video game entertainment, so me and several of my carpool members won't be available then. The Sunset Season Opener does sounds fun though.

Lurker

Cabasada, feel free to message me with the details of your meet up on 4/5, hopefully I can make it. Would love to link up with some Bay Area folks and possibly camp near each other at the festival (depending on when we can all finally get there).

Hey, People Who Want To Caravan, are you painting or decorating your vehicles for Carpoolchella? I liked Jaymaly's idea about meeting up someplace, open for suggestions.

Lurker

Hey, Im driving down from Vancouver and staying at a friends place in the mission, I will have extra space and can participate in a convoy.

Lurker

I want to drive through Bakersfield and avoid LA is that a good plan?

Quote Originally Posted by corinnw View Post
    I want to drive through Bakersfield and avoid LA is that a good plan?
    take the 5
    10/2 - Elton John - SAP Center
    10/3-10/5 - Hardly Strictly Bluegrass - GGP
    10/4 - Conor Oberst - Fillmore
    10/6 - Kasabian + Bo Ningen - Fox
    10/21 - Melvins + Le Butcherettes - GAMH
    11/1 - Hard Day of the Dead - Fairplex
    12/12 - Cat Stevens - Masonic Center
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

Lurker

Great plan, but watch out for cops! As in, they want an excuse to pull you over and search your vehicle since you will obviously be on the way to a festival.

that's why I dont 'carpoolchella' paint the car, surely that's a huge red flag for cops
    10/2 - Elton John - SAP Center
    10/3-10/5 - Hardly Strictly Bluegrass - GGP
    10/4 - Conor Oberst - Fillmore
    10/6 - Kasabian + Bo Ningen - Fox
    10/21 - Melvins + Le Butcherettes - GAMH
    11/1 - Hard Day of the Dead - Fairplex
    12/12 - Cat Stevens - Masonic Center
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

Lurker

Especially the cops on the Grapevine… not the most diplomatic people I have ever met.

Friends got popped and coming down the 5 last year, painting your car does make you a bit of a target

Doing a meetup with my carpool group at the Oakland City Center/12th Street BART Station on April 5th at 2:30pm. Anybody from other SF Weekend 2 carpools can come if you would like to discuss caravan plans.
    Last edited by cabasada; 04-03-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Hi there, do you still have a spot? I'm in SF, 24F, will help with gas/food/entertainment

If anyone makes it to Orange County by Thur, we have two spots and we'll be car camping and have room. Let us know if you're interested.

Hey guys, I'm up in Sonoma County and am looking for a ride from anywhere in the Bay Area for weekend 2. If you have room for one more, let me know please. Obviously will throw down well for the ride!

Hey count me in if possible. Message me back.

Hi there! My friend and I (female students at Cal) are looking for a ride and a place to camp down at Coachella. If you guys can offer up either we're more than willing to pay! Please PM