Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oasis reunion

Default Re: Oasis reunion

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Serious question, why the fuck are the reissuing Be Here Now? The first two albums I definitely understand, but I can't imagine anyone asking for Be Here Now to be reissued.
    Hahaha I was wondering the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    The night they played Coachella in 2002 was the night I started disliking them. The same thing happened with RHCP the following year. It was such a dull, disappointing performance and it left a bad taste in my mouth. So much to the point where it's tough for me to get into any of their music. We saw BT's awful DJ set and left that in five minutes. We left Oasis after about 20-25 minutes. Probably the worst ending to any Coachella ever.
    Interesting that you felt that way, I felt totally the opposite. However, I was 16 and it was my very first Coachella which, as all vets know, can never be topped. I often wonder if it would have meant as much to me if I was older. Still, the performance will live on as a good one in my memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

The night they played Coachella in 2002 was the night I started disliking them. The same thing happened with RHCP the following year. It was such a dull, disappointing performance and it left a bad taste in my mouth. So much to the point where it's tough for me to get into any of their music. We saw BT's awful DJ set and left that in five minutes. We left Oasis after about 20-25 minutes. Probably the worst ending to any Coachella ever.
    lol, you hate everything ya douche. Stop being such a hater.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    lol, you hate everything ya douche. Stop being such a hater.
    No, I don't "hate everything" you fucking moron. If you would read around a little, I have made that quite clear. It's not my fault that certain people, such as yourself, only tend to read or respond to my negative posts. Also, who exactly are you anyway? Was your entire strategy to come here and troll in an attempt to blend in with the crowd? You're doing it poorly and you are worthless.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 02-26-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Interesting that you felt that way, I felt totally the opposite. However, I was 16 and it was my very first Coachella which, as all vets know, can never be topped. I often wonder if it would have meant as much to me if I was older. Still, the performance will live on as a good one in my memory.
    I was never as a big of an Oasis fan as you seem to be though. I was a casual fan interested in catching their set based on the 3 or 4 songs that I liked at the time. I remember them showing bits of that performance in the Coachella documentary and it reminded me of why I was so bored. I'm sure die-hard fans took in the experience differently, but I was pretty disappointed.
    fuck.

Serious question, why the fuck are the reissuing Be Here Now? The first two albums I definitely understand, but I can't imagine anyone asking for Be Here Now to be reissued.
    haha yah thats pretty weird. That had like... 3 good songs off the top of my head.

I might actually be down for a What's The Story vinyl. I really dig that album

I was never as a big of an Oasis fan as you seem to be though. I was a casual fan interested in catching their set based on the 3 or 4 songs that I liked at the time. I remember them showing bits of that performance in the Coachella documentary and it reminded me of why I was so bored. I'm sure die-hard fans took in the experience differently, but I was pretty disappointed.
    Funny, when I watch the clips on the Coachella doc I get all warm inside. Music is so subjective.

Anyway, I was somewhat hoping that the reunion hype was true because I was really looking forward to seeing what kind of reaction there would be on here especially. Womp womp now I have to find other ways to be entertained today.

haha how awful was BT's set? I know he's far better at performing live like he used to years ago than DJing lol

Quote Originally Posted by mlant View Post
    I too went to Coachella for the first time in 2002 because of Oasis.
    Coachella '02 was my second Coachella. No magical reason that I started going, the concept of a festival was new to me and it seemed like an awesome way to catch a lot of bands. It has since turned into an annual journey and reunion for a random assortment of friends who may not have met otherwise.

Anyhoo, I remember the Oasis set primarily because of Liam ending the set by declaring "I dedicate this song to.... myself!" which has become something of a running joke among my Coachella comrades.

I never managed to find a recording of this show. If anyone has one, could I interest you in a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Slubgob View Post
    Coachella '02 was my second Coachella. No magical reason that I started going, the concept of a festival was new to me and it seemed like an awesome way to catch a lot of bands. It has since turned into an annual journey and reunion for a random assortment of friends who may not have met otherwise.

Anyhoo, I remember the Oasis set primarily because of Liam ending the set by declaring "I dedicate this song to.... myself!" which has become something of a running joke among my Coachella comrades.

I never managed to find a recording of this show. If anyone has one, could I interest you in a trade?
    Hahaha I remember that too! I have no one to repeat that line to, though. I don't talk to the girl I went to Coachella with the first time anymore. We went with her older brother and his friend, who went previously. Anyway, that quote stuck in my memory like when Prince kept saying "CO-UH-CHELLA!" and when he said, "I'm so funky I can't sleep with myself!"

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    haha how awful was BT's set? I know he's far better at performing live like he used to years ago than DJing lol
    It's one of the worst sets I have seen anywhere, by anyone. He had no clue how to mix and even let a record end, if I recall correctly. His live sets were awesome back then when I saw them, but that was just a complete waste of time.
    fuck.

down the fuckin' Volley with Tommy, playing pool.I'm playing like Paul-Fuckin'-Newman by the way.

Serious answer ...
    Be Here Now: It's widely acknowledged by the band, critics and fans over here... that...
    1. the mix was heavily influenced by coke, ching, snow, peruvian marching powder, call it what you will, making it tinny, toppy, lacking bottom end, nae bass - you get the drift
    2. linked to the issue above and the brothers' massive egos, the songs are overly lengthy and could have done with a serious trim
    3. fixing 1 & 2 will elevate it towards better fulfilling the massive level of expectation before it was released in summer '97
    Last edited by Dede' Arneaux; 02-26-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

down the fuckin' Volley with Tommy, playing pool.I'm playing like Paul-Fuckin'-Newman by the way.

Last edited by Dede' Arneaux; 02-26-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: stoopid plain stoopid
    Dede' Arneaux

Quote Originally Posted by Dede' Arneaux View Post
    Ok serious question 2... Where does it say it's 'Be Here Now' that getting rereleased.. It's Defo Maybe is it not? i.e. for the 20th Anniversary
    It's the first three albums, starting with Definitely maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    It's the first three albums, starting with Definitely maybe.
    I see it now - cheers. Always happens after the post doesn't it
    Dede' Arneaux

I wouldn't mind them headlining next year
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

I wouldn't mind this at all. Something about this video still resonates good feelings for me. Watched them in 2002 and remember having a real good time. I'm a fan though so this is coming from a biased point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

And why is this thread called Oasis Reunion?

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Because some dummy thought that the announcement today was going to be a reunion announcement.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    come on, Menik. you've been here long enough to know how things work around here.

It's one of the worst sets I have seen anywhere, by anyone. He had no clue how to mix and even let a record end, if I recall correctly. His live sets were awesome back then when I saw them, but that was just a complete waste of time.
    Ok we got it. You don't like Oasis.

I dedicate this post to myself!
    Last edited by jahmonkey; 02-26-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Oasis sucks
    you suck

I've discussed this with other people and not everyone recollected their 2002 set the same way. Also have mentioned this in previous threads.

Took the wife to the first 5 or 6 of them and 2002 was our first one. They actually sounded better live than on CD (kinda of like Prince's set with that unbelievable drumbeat).

They came out and we started singing, thinking that no one else would, and we were outnumbered by everyone singing every lyric to almost every song. It wasn't crowded and as the set progressed, we started walking towards the front, as people slowly started leaving. I'm going to take a crazy guess and say that people were just fed up and wanted to go home after a long day in the heat. Most people are seasoned now but I wanna say it was something that may have been a bit overwhelming back then.

It was a great set.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

They were a highly rated band...and it's still early. My bet is they find another band to replace em....unless Oasis is going to reunite. When bands this high on the poster drop out there's normally some word as to why...this one has been hush.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    They were a highly rated band...and it's still early. My bet is they find another band to replace em....unless Oasis is going to reunite. When bands this high on the poster drop out there's normally some word as to why...this one has been hush.
    GTFO
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    GTFO
    Suck my cock fuck stick!

You the coachella masta!!?!

Fuck you and the horse you road in on. Dick stick you got 15k postings....that make you special

Your ass shoulda been aborted

maybe it's not too late...I'll call your mom

p.s. Have a nice day!
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Suck my cock fuck stick!

You the coachella masta!!?!

Fuck you and the horse you road in on. Dick stick you got 15k postings....that make you special

Your ass shoulda been aborted

maybe it's not too late...I'll call your mom

p.s. Have a nice day!
    I mean, it's clearly too late for me to be aborted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Are we still on this shit? It ain't happening. And even if it is, it's not that great. Oasis sucks, they've always sucked, and they've only gotten worse with age. Let's just celebrate the fact that Beady Eye won't be polluting any stage.

Lurker

Ok, so Beady Eye cancelled. Anybody knows if there is any plan to announce another band in that slot?

Quote Originally Posted by MZAFRA View Post
    Ok, so Beady Eye cancelled. Anybody knows if there is any plan to announce another band in that slot?
    When someone cancels, they usually don't replace them on the lineup.

Though if they did, they should book Alabama Shakes since they're wide open during that time in April.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.

Coachella is an oasis in the desert. Is that what you mean?

FUCKIN BEADY EYE AMIRITE!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?