Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hard Summer 2014

Default Re: Hard Summer 2014

can someone post the set times here? thanks in advance. at work and can't get to the HARD site/app.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/19 Poolside@Skyway Pomona - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by MrKite View Post
    Tiga vs Audion or Justin Martin, Breach or Disclosure, Maya Jane Coles or Brodinski are my only difficult conflicts. The only one I've seen out of those is Disclosure. Any recommendations of who I should check out?
    I'd go tiga vs audion because you'll have plenty of opportunities to see Justin Martin, I'd also say breach because disclosure plays at every single festival it feels like, and I'm torn on the brodinski maya conflict also

Also, Justin Martin (+Dusky) are playing Saturday night at Exchange LA for the after party for anyone who is interested.

Probably going to leave the fest a little early and head to this.

Here's a little google spreadsheet that someone made on reddit. A bit easier to look at.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...fNI/edit#gid=0

They started setting up for those of y'all going. They put fences up on friday and a stage yesterday and today it looked like black tarp around the fence. Looks like its on the west side of the 60 the park in between San Gabriel and Rosemead blvd.

People are scalping the hell out of these passes on Craigslist. It's a long shot, but if anyone has an extra Sunday pass that you're willing to sell for $100 or less, please let me know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by grind View Post
    Here's a little google spreadsheet that someone made on reddit. A bit easier to look at.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...fNI/edit#gid=0
    Thank you for posting this. Good lord, how hard was it for them to just put a full lineup in 1 place rather than the horrible app.

What's everyone's day look like? I need help early (noon to 4) each day. Any suggestions?

Saturday (conflicts galore) = Juan Maclean (sad I'm missing J Phlip) > Tommy Trash/Oliver/Alex Metric (splitting the sets) > Tiga vs Audion/Jack Beats > Martinez Brothers > Seth Troxler

Sunday = A-Trak > 2manyDJs > Gorgon City > Dillon Francis > Destructo > Disclosure/Cashmere Cat/Julio Bashmore (splitting the sets) > Maya Jane Coles
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/19 Poolside@Skyway Pomona - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Thank you for posting this. Good lord, how hard was it for them to just put a full lineup in 1 place rather than the horrible app.

What's everyone's day look like? I need help early (noon to 4) each day. Any suggestions?
    Saturday I would check out Eprom been endorsed by Gaslamp Killer alot, Worthy (part of dirtybird), and Louisahhh! (tours with brodinski all of the time).
    Sunday Rudimental and Jacques Greene are both really good.

I'll be Saturday Worthy>Eprom>Shift Key>Louisahhh>J. Phlip>Tchami>Dusky>Tiga vs Audion>Martinez Bros>Seth Troxler
    Sunday Rudimental>Hannah Wants>2manydjs>Dillon Francis>Chase & STatus>Julio Bashmoore>Maya Jane Coles
    Should be an awesome weekend

Who went yesterday?

Highlights were Tiga vs. Audion, Oliver, and Griz. Caught great sounds coming from Justin Martin and Alex Metric as well.
    Upcoming shows

Future Islands 8/20 The Fonda
    FYF 8/23-8/24 LA Sports Arena & Exposition Park
    Nine Inch Nails
    Swans 9/10 The Roxy
    Temples 9/25 The Fonda
    Pixies 9/28 Hollywood Bowl
    Chromeo 10/10 Shrine Expo Hall
    Fleetwood Mac 11/28 The Forum

I heard it was shit show from the 3.5 hour will call line, the dust, confusing layout, limited food options and finally limited parking and taxis. Although this was second hand so please tell me.

I'm skipping today. Not because I didn't have fun but just a bit tired since I did Arcade Fire on Friday. I got there at 11:30 and getting into a parking lot was already a shitshow. Thank god I didn't have to do will call because it did look like a nightmare as I walked by. Those were really the only negatives for me.

I had a blast once inside. Layout shouldn't be confusing for anyone that can read a map. Much more spacious than last year, the larger stages were packed but all the stuff I wanted to see in the Pink and Green tents had plenty of room to dance.

When did the rain hit at the park?

Late, almost 9pm. It didn't rain too hard, sprinkled at the end of ASAP Mob and slight drizzle during JackU. Walked out 10:30 to avoid the crowd.

I passed by on saturday I was kinda surprised they closed rosemead and the side streets, im guessing they'll use this venue again in the future if it was successfull. I saw a few cars still parked in the parking lot when I drove to work today.

Rosemead was still open when I walked in Saturday, but I think they quickly concluded that that was a bad idea and closed it. My parking lot was on the south side and I had to take a huge detour. Lots of negative comments regarding the parking lots, Uber/Taxi lines on the north side of the freeway that were all horribly packed after the show on Saturday.

I left at 10:30 on both days, and it was perfect. Took 10 minutes to get out of the parking lot. Getting into the venue on Sunday though, took forever.

Sunday highlights: A-Trak, 2manyDJs, Shiba San, Disclosure, and Brodinski threw fucking down. Also Sharem Jey was a nice surprise. Lots of good deep house this weekend.

Heard Shiba San's "Okay" dropped in 4 different sets.
    Upcoming shows

Future Islands 8/20 The Fonda
    FYF 8/23-8/24 LA Sports Arena & Exposition Park
    Nine Inch Nails
    Swans 9/10 The Roxy
    Temples 9/25 The Fonda
    Pixies 9/28 Hollywood Bowl
    Chromeo 10/10 Shrine Expo Hall
    Fleetwood Mac 11/28 The Forum

Left at 8 on Sunday...getting too old for these (but still had fun).

Saturday: Cutting Rustie's set by ~20 min was kind of lame (his set was just ok...Lunice was kind of fun with his energy), What So Not was pretty good (but no Flume), Jack Beats was on point, DJ Snake had a massive crowd + was playing a fun uptempo set, Jack U was...bleh, Tiga vs. Audion was good but could have been in a way better tent (Green Tent + that dust/no flooring combo was kind of too much for me), Troxler sounded good.

Sunday: Rudimental were good, Jimmy Edgar = perfect sauna techno, A-Trak was pretty amazing (but I'm a huge fan), 2ManyDJs = set of the weekend (huge surprise, did not do my research but when they dropped the Soulwax remix of "You Wanted A Hit" - had never heard it before - I was in, this was also the emptiest set I saw), Sub Focus is way better live than as a DJ, end of Dillon Francis was pretty meh. Benefit of living in LA = these folks come around all the time. Hope they bring it back to LA State Park, metro to this = a game changer (although it was a larger site).

7.23 - White Lung // 8.2-3 - HARD Summer // 8.7 - Jagwar Ma // 8.8 - Flume // 8.10 - Warpaint // 8.23-24 - FYF Fest // 9.5 - Feed Me // 10.8 - Kasabian // 10.12 - Speedy Ortiz // 10.25 - The Afghan Whigs // 10.31 - QotSA Halloween Show! // 4.10-12 - Coachella 2015 W1

Quote Originally Posted by Albiedamned View Post
    Heard Shiba San's "Okay" dropped in 4 different sets.
    Heard RL Grime + What So Not "Tell Me" at LEAST 6x. Didn't totally mind.

7.23 - White Lung // 8.2-3 - HARD Summer // 8.7 - Jagwar Ma // 8.8 - Flume // 8.10 - Warpaint // 8.23-24 - FYF Fest // 9.5 - Feed Me // 10.8 - Kasabian // 10.12 - Speedy Ortiz // 10.25 - The Afghan Whigs // 10.31 - QotSA Halloween Show! // 4.10-12 - Coachella 2015 W1

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by summersnow View Post
    Left at 8 on Sunday...getting too old for these (but still had fun).

Saturday: Cutting Rustie's set by ~20 min was kind of lame (his set was just ok...Lunice was kind of fun with his energy), What So Not was pretty good (but no Flume), Jack Beats was on point, DJ Snake had a massive crowd + was playing a fun uptempo set, Jack U was...bleh, Tiga vs. Audion was good but could have been in a way better tent (Green Tent + that dust/no flooring combo was kind of too much for me), Troxler sounded good.

Sunday: Rudimental were good, Jimmy Edgar = perfect sauna techno, A-Trak was pretty amazing (but I'm a huge fan), 2ManyDJs = set of the weekend (huge surprise, did not do my research but when they dropped the Soulwax remix of "You Wanted A Hit" - had never heard it before - I was in, this was also the emptiest set I saw), Sub Focus is way better live than as a DJ, end of Dillon Francis was pretty meh. Benefit of living in LA = these folks come around all the time. Hope they bring it back to LA State Park, metro to this = a game changer (although it was a larger site).
    2ManyDJs are incredible. So bummed I missed them this time around.

LoL ahhh man, just seen the funnest video of a bunch of little kids rushing the gate by the baseball field:

http://www.youredm.com/2014/08/04/ch...s-hard-summer/

I made the mistake of trying to catch a cab/uber on Saturday night. And a huge mistake it was. I sort of thought they'd have a system set up since they pointed out the specific cab pickup area on the venue map, but all they did was point everyone in the direction of the nearest intersection and then you were on your own. People were waiting over 2-3 hours for a cab because there were so many of us trying to get one. That was a nightmare.

Sunday we drove, got there around 1pm and parked in Lot 8 (the farthest from the venue) it was only a 15 minute walk to the venue and at the end of the night it was super easy to get out because Lot 8 was past all of the bad traffic. That was definitely the way to go.

2manyDJs definitely killed it, one of my favorite sets of the weekend. Venue was cool, super easy layout with the sidewalk that you could follow from stage to stage. I had a blast at Nero as well, a solid way to end the weekend. All together, too much trap throughout the weekend for my liking, especially since all of these trap djs were playing the same songs during every set. But the crowd was pretty fantastic, everyone was super into each set and people were actually pretty friendly when it came to moving your way through a crowd.

Security in general was a little weird, when you bought water in the beer gardens they took your cap (so you couldn't refill it?) but when you bought water at the normal vendors, they let you keep the cap. Also, when going into the beer gardens, they made you dump out your water bottle (but let you keep the bottle), which made absolutely no sense other than them wanting you to buy another water I guess, but you could just drink a beer, leave, and then refill your water bottle at one of the free water stations (which were awesome). And on Sunday they were making people take off their shoes during the main entrance search, until it got a little busy and then they gave up on that. But their pat downs were the most lax I've ever had. A quick pat on the sides and a little shake of the shorts. It was like they were super strict in random areas of security and then gave up on others. But wow, when everyone was leaving on Saturday night, the main exit was lined with a good 20 guys that I'm assuming were state troopers. Guys on horses and security trucks just sitting there watching everyone walk by.

If I go again, I'll definitely just be shelling out the $20 and parking in one of the back lots.

No one was present at 2ManyDJ's? Am I reading that correctly?!
    Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22 | Hercules & Love Affair live @ Club Dada 9/22 | Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9 | Hardkiss @ Dallas 10/10 | SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12 | Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ Austin 11/23

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    No one was present at 2ManyDJ's? Am I reading that correctly?!
    One of the least crowded sets I saw all weekend. The Dillon Francis horde started pouring in during the half of the set though

Juan Maclean had <100 people. But Bro Safari had a huge crowd around 4pm. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKite View Post
    One of the least crowded sets I saw all weekend. The Dillon Francis horde started pouring in during the half of the set though
    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Juan Maclean had <100 people. But Bro Safari had a huge crowd around 4pm. SMH.
    That fucking blows, but not surprising.

At least on the flipside the masses won't be fucked around for quality like Maclean and 2ManyDJ's of course so perhaps it's a mixed blessing. It's the same reason why I won't catch Disclosure any more, way too many idiots at their shows nowadays.
    Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22 | Hercules & Love Affair live @ Club Dada 9/22 | Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9 | Hardkiss @ Dallas 10/10 | SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12 | Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ Austin 11/23

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    That fucking blows, but not surprising.

At least on the flipside the masses won't be fucked around for quality like Maclean and 2ManyDJ's of course so perhaps it's a mixed blessing. It's the same reason why I won't catch Disclosure any more, way too many idiots at their shows nowadays.
    Exactly. Mixed feelings re: crowds, 2ManyDJs did not seem to mind at all (left right at end to meet up with friends, everyone was at Clockwork...that was the biggest crowd I saw all weekend). Tiga vs. Audion was also maybe 1/4 full, Troxler was 1/2 full if that.

Quote Originally Posted by summersnow View Post
    Exactly. Mixed feelings re: crowds, 2ManyDJs did not seem to mind at all (left right at end to meet up with friends, everyone was at Clockwork...that was the biggest crowd I saw all weekend). Tiga vs. Audion was also maybe 1/4 full, Troxler was 1/2 full if that.
    Fewer neon-clad bros and furry-boot ratchet skanks, the better. Let them go "rage" to some shitty Dillon Francis or Tiestbro instead