Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hard Summer 2014

Default Re: Hard Summer 2014

Jack Beats now.

I really hope they book 2manydjs, I missed them in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Albiedamned View Post
    I really hope they book 2manydjs
    me 2
    2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014

I do hope Kill Frenzy comes back. Stoked on Julio Bashmore so far but thats it
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Albiedamned View Post
    Jack Beats now.

I really hope they book 2manydjs, I missed them in December.
    They were fantastic in December. It was just a DJ set though -- I'd love to see another Under The Covers show with animations and everything.

EDIT: 2ManyDJs will be there! Check out their official Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1426714804247610/
    Last edited by qshoe1989; 04-17-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qshoe1989 View Post
    They were fantastic in December. It was just a DJ set though -- I'd love to see another Under The Covers show with animations and everything.

EDIT: 2ManyDJs will be there! Check out their official Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1426714804247610/
    omggggggggggggggg
    2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014

eh. Over the dj sets. thats too bad
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Thank god it's a dj set. Otherwise I would have to contemplate going.

Freaking awesome! Their DJ sets are amazing!

So who are gonna be the headliners? Day of the Dead got deadmau5 and Calvin so they are probably gonna have huge headliners. Or do you think they'll just bump up Zedd and Dillon Francis to headliner status for this event?

Also what bands will be playing? I'm thinking maybe Chromeo and Little Dragon? They've played HARD Summers in the past.

Sub Focus confirmed. (Hopefully a live set.)

With Outside Lands there are a lot of crossover possibilities.

I bet Jack U will be there for sure. SBTRKT hopefully with a live set. Disclosure would be great and they played last year.
    Boys Noize always plays HARD events.
    Chromeo now is a definite at this point and maybe Cut Copy (even though they were at Day of the Dead)
    Tiesto could be one of the headliners now with being in SF the following weekend.

Also maybe Major Lazer/Diplo for the other headliner since he will already be there for Jack U.

I really hope they get Breakbot again since he only comes to the US to do HARD Summer.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    eh. Over the dj sets. thats too bad
    In their defense, they are phenomenally good DJs. Perhaps the best I have ever heard. That said, their Under The Covers live shows are next level amazing. I agree they are a different level of appeal.
    Last edited by qshoe1989; 04-18-2014 at 02:05 PM.

In their defense, they are phenomenally good DJs. Perhaps the best I have ever heard. That said, their Under The Covers live shows are next level amazing. I agree they are a different level of appeal.
    I completely agree. They put on a great show at Sound back in December. But with the number of times I have seen them, its kinda Live Under the Covers, or bust, for me. OR Soulwax

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    I completely agree. They put on a great show at Sound back in December. But with the number of times I have seen them, its kinda Live Under the Covers, or bust, for me. OR Soulwax
    Fair enough. I've seen them Under The Covers twice at HARD, once as Soulwax (again at HARD), and one 3.5 hour DJ set in SF this December. They're one of the few bands/groups I have to see whenever they come to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post
    Sub Focus confirmed. (Hopefully a live set.)
    Not to be a jerk, but I found his new album "Torus" to be pretty awful on the whole. I have to think a live show would be heavy on that material.

I bet SBTRKT is there, his set got cut 30 minutes short last year b/c he was running late from the airport.

Sub Focus live (if it's live) will be fun, totally agree with the above poster, his new album is pretty garbage. Glad Kalkbrenner was in town last December when he was playing, gave me a good excuse to go elsewhere. I'd personally like to see Boys Noize (if he's going to play; seems like he always does, not complaining) do a B2B set, preferably with someone like Erol Alkan. Hell they should do a B2B stage, I think that would be a nice change-up.

7.23 - White Lung // 8.2-3 - HARD Summer // 8.7 - Jagwar Ma // 8.8 - Flume // 8.10 - Warpaint // 8.23-24 - FYF Fest // 9.5 - Feed Me // 10.8 - Kasabian // 10.12 - Speedy Ortiz // 10.25 - The Afghan Whigs // 10.31 - QotSA Halloween Show! // 4.10-12 - Coachella 2015 W1

SATURDAY AUG 2:
    JACK U | A$AP MOB | AXWELL | FLOSSTRADAMUS | BAAUER | TOMMY TRASH | DJ SNAKE | CARNAGE | JACK BEATS | SETH TROXLER | KILL THE NOISE | JUSTIN MARTIN | PUSHA T | TIGA VS. AUDION | THE MARTINEZ BROTHERS | JOSH WINK | GRIZ | WHAT SO NOT | TCHAMI | OLIVER | DUSKY | RUSTIE | BRO SAFARI | ALEX METRIC | LUNICE | THE M MACHINE | CYRIL HAHN | HENRY FONG | GOLDROOM (DJ SET) | J. PHLIP | AEROPLANE | JUAN MACLEAN (DJ SET) | JUSTIN JAY | SHIFT K3Y | TWRK | VALENTINO KHAN | DAVID HEARTBREAK | LOUISAHHH!!! | SHAROOZ | WORTHY | EPROM | HARVEY McKAY | ALESIA | ETNIK | CUT SNAKE | ALIX PEREZ + MORE

SUNDAY, AUGUST 3
    TIESTO | DISCLOSURE | NERO | DILLON FRANCIS | 2MANYDJS | MARTIN GARRIX | A-TRAK | CHASE & STATUS | MAYA JANE COLES | RUDIMENTAL (LIVE) | SUB FOCUS | BRODINSKI | CLOCKWORK | DESTRUCTO | JULIO BASHMORE | DJ MUSTARD | THE CHAINSMOKERS | GORGON CITY | CASHMERE CAT | MERCER | HUCCI | BREACH | JESSE ROSE | CLAPTONE | DANNY DAZE | WAVE RACER | JACQUES GREENE | KASTLE | JIMMY EDGAR | SHARAM JEY | 100S | DJ SLIINK | TRIPPY TURTLE | BRANCHEZ | MILO & OTIS | ETC! ETC! | KILL FRENZY | SHIBA SAN | HANNAH WANTS | BLOOD DIAMONDS | MR. CARMACK | VANILLA ACE | DJEMBA DJEMBA | WAX MOTIF | VINDATA | KRY WOLF | CORY ENEMY | BONES + MORE

Sunday looks like a mini version of Ultra.

Wow, what an absolutely atrocious lineup. Definitely for a new generation of people. Who the fuck is Jack U? Only names I was stoked to see was Josh Wink and Kill Frenzy

Diplo and Skrillex, do some damn research.

There's like 20% good and the rest is mehhh! This festival seems to be catered to high school/college kids!

10/24 BV day party @ Baby's
    10/24 Dusky @ Verboten
    10/25 BV day party @ Baby's
    10/25 Slowdive @ T5
    10/25 Raresh @ TBA
    10/26 Thurston Moore @ Rough Trade

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    There's like 20% good and the rest is mehhh! This festival seems to be catered to high school/college kids!
    At least 2ManyDJ's is booked, which they should have been at Coachella instead, preferably in the Sahara tent while Calvin Harris was playing at the same time.
    Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | MSTRKRFT After-party 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ The Mohawk Austin 11/23

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    At least 2ManyDJ's is booked, which they should have been at Coachella instead, preferably in the Sahara tent while Calvin Harris was playing at the same time.
    It's sad that they don't get top billing. They're the best DJs on the whole damn lineup. If HARD had managed to get an Under The Covers live show, I'd have had a difficult time staying away.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Yeah, good thing there were good act circulating and no dubstep around when I was in high school/college

It's sad that they don't get top billing. They're the best DJs on the whole damn lineup. If HARD had managed to get an Under The Covers live show, I'd have had a difficult time staying away.
    I fucking hate that HARD recruits them. If I didnt catch them in December I would be pretty bummed

Shitty line-up for the most part, but I would want to go Sunday for Disclosure (since I've yet to see them), 2ManyDJs and Maya Jane Coles.

Really hate that they booked Juan Maclean, but at least it's a DJ set. Hopefully he stays on the west coast for a month and books a live set with FYF.

Saturday is god awful but honestly I could see myself having an enjoyable time on sunday. Especially if maya or justin finished out one of the tents.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Shit I was looking at the wrong day ughh nvm
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Lurker

Tiesto aside, Sunday has some pretty good acts (and a couple great ones). Disclosure, 2manyDJs, Nero, Rudimental, and Chase & Status aren't too shabby. Saturday on the other hand, I have to look pretty far down the bill to find an act I'd be excited to see (Tiga vs. Audion).

We know that 2ManyDJs is a DJ set, not a live Under The Covers show. Any word on the other acts like Nero, Disclosure, Sub Focus and Chase & Status?
    Last edited by qshoe1989; 04-22-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Burger a-go-go it is.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

This event sucks

Are the tickets tiered pricing again? intrigued by Sunday, but wouldn't buy now as I need to save up for coachella presales that will be happening very soon.