Thread: Why? aka You Will Never Be the Same

Default Why? aka You Will Never Be the Same

Why exactly does Coachella have such a profound effect on people's lives? And it does whether they are 20s or 40s, get stoned or don't, like techno or folk. So what is that magical thing? Can you even describe or explain it?

Default Re: Why? aka You Will Never Be the Same

It is hard to explain. The first time I went as just on a whim. Thought the line up looked good and I need to take a vacation. Packed up and headed west, not sure what to expect. The moment I stepped on the Polo Fields, it hits you, this is special. There is so much to do, so much to see, so much music. Even if you don't like folk, rock, or techno, something there will catch your ear (and eye). It is a wonderland of creative energy. I a 38 and don't do drugs or drink to excess anymore and I still LOVE IT. This will be my four year, and after the second year, I thought I was done. Well I gave up on that. I now bring along more friends and family each year and the fact is, after each one has been to Coachella they are hooked and return there after. I know I am a little late to the party, and am sure the event was much better pre-2011. But the weekend utopia that is Coachella is something that I look forward to every year. I know that did not necessarily answer your question, but thats what I got.

PLUR
    crab fries

What kindoy said

It's the ultimate freedom. I used to rave a lot and I've been to EDC in both Los Angeles and Vegas. I go to tons of concerts as well but Coachella is simply Coachella. Everybody is there to have a good time, the atmosphere is groovy and laid back. It's like a vacation but better because everyone is united for music of all backgrounds. I know there are other festivals out there but Coachella is magical. One of the most beautiful things you'll ever see is the sun go down behind those mountains and as you look across the campground and see the glowing red light illuminate all of your fellow campers and tents, you'll just know. it's a sort of realization that this is what perfect is if it ever existed....It's just an experience. It's not a concert, it's just a beautiful, psychedelic experience in some valley in California set to the musical backdrop of geniuses from every genre. Just go and you'll see....

It's an extremely unique experience to partake in. Why the fuck wouldn't it effect you in some way?

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

As a music fan - it's heaven on earth

Its everything festivals in the UK aren't

This is my 6th year coming from en Ecosse I thought attending 3 would be a recurring dream
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Once you go, you don't ever want to not go.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Coachella did such a strange thing to me the first time I went. I walked onto the grounds and I just felt like I came home. I spent the whole time happy, and I mean the whole time. And I can't explain what it was. Except that the nights, the lights, the music, the air and the freedom to just be there and not be in a hurry to go anywhere else or do anything else were so beautiful. I wasn't responsible to anybody for anything. I did what I wanted. Listened to what I wanted. Talked to who I wanted. I was totally in the present for days. It makes you realize how much of real life is a push and pull on you for things that you have to do to survive but don't feed your soul. I think Coachella is kind of like a retreat. You can find yourself there.

2012 was my first. It rained. It didn't matter. In fact the rain was glorious. Why? See above.

Quote Originally Posted by ELIZA83TH View Post
    Once you go, you don't ever want to not go.
    Exactly this
    Coachella '13 W1, '14 W2

Arcade Fire @Sleep Train Amphitheatre 8/3

FYF FEST 2014

That is pretty delicious right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    My jimmies are slowly rustling...

just a good place to play with the girls , make some connections , have some drinks run around, dance , people watch, be random. i notice the way i think changed every year, i think its called maturing, i go for all the randomness that happens , i love how it brings the best out of everyone including performers. , for how much i realize i grow as a man every year i go.. this will be my 5th year... then i love how i come back home feeling like a boss. but then things change once you are there, once friday is over saturday gets worse, you become used to the chaos and randomness, you dont really feel like walking anymore, and then it gets hot, and people start stinking.. no one is as happy anymore.. you are disgusted by everyone around you... no one is special anymore, people star arguing more, sunday is the worst, its like everyone is ready to go home people are leaving early, ugh i like the idea of coachella but once you are there its just whatever get it over with