Thread: Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs Cancels "Confirmed" Room Reservations

Angry Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs Cancels "Confirmed" Room Reservations

I booked a reservation online for the Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs October 27th, 2013. My reservations were for April 10th-14th, 2014. This is the weekend of the Coachella Music Festival where over 85,000 people flood the area and rooms become difficult to find – which I why I booked it half a year in advance for a rate of 294.75 a night. 50 days before the booking, I received a letter in the mail saying my rooms were cancelled due to a “technical error.” After speaking with some of the front desk employees, I was given several excuses for the cancellation including a “corporate buy-out that was not open to the public.” Interesting that on the Coachella webiste they were offering rooms for the Hard Rock for much higher prices during the same dates. Rooms are now difficult to find, and the rates have increased by almost 300% in several cases. Hard Rock refuses to acknowledge my confirmations or resolve the matter. I firmly believe Hard Rock cancelled my room to sell to other parties for a higher rate. Understand that if you have plane tickets booked, and reservations made, you may not have a room waiting for you at the Hard Rock Palm Springs. The General Manager, Hector, still hasn’t returned my call and is ignoring the situation.

Default Re: Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs Cancels "Confirmed" Room Reservations

Thats fucked. I would raise hell. Complain enough and they will at least comp you rooms for another time. I know this does not help your current situation though. Sorry dude
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Did you book the room through hard rock or a hotel booking site like expedia? I booked a room last year and thought I could avoid the extra fees that way, but the hotel called immediately and told me what the real prices were going to be. Hard Rock should know that all rooms being booked during both Coachella weekends are priced higher than any other time of the year (they didn't build that hotel in the middle of Indio just because) and they should have contacted you a lot sooner.
    09,10,12w1,13w1

If you booked on their website, this is false advertising practices. Once something is advertised, they are obligated to sell to you at those prices. I would email and call the Hard Rock Hotel chain and threaten to report them to the Better Business Bureau about false advertising practices. If the rooms are still available, they should honor your written agreement.
    I would also make sure you tell them you will post about your interactions on the forums, social media, write to the local news, etc.
    Below is the link to the California Business Code that you should also quote.
    http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...le=17500-17509

Make sure you aren't calling names or anything, but let them know you are angry/upset (don't YELL or anything, but state that you are upset).

Let us know if you hear back from the HRH.

Better Business Bureau report. Don't threaten. Do it. They will usually negotiate once they have to. Yelp report. Anywhere else you can blog or post about it. Local news is a good idea. Picketing outside the hotel would be an option if you can make it look entertaining. With Coachella you might have an angle a news station would pick up. Try to get KROQ to negotiate. Write letters to the bands you love asking them to intervene. Dogs, babies, old people, people on crutches. Document everything you experienced. Do a note to file describing each event what happened and what expectations or hardship you have suffered including the time you are now spending. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. You hace nothing to lose. Good luck.

Reporting to the BBB will do jack shit.

Just write a Review on Yelp on on the Palm Springs Fan Page. But thats unfortunate.

write on their twitter and facebook pages for actual negative exposure

MGM Grand in Las Vegas did the same thing to me when I booked a room a year in advance (comped for 3 nights) for superbowl weekend. They cancelled my reservations then claimed that I cancelled them myself, and wanted to charge $300/night. I raised hell and eventually they gave it back and upgraded me. Don't give up, be a dick.

Hotels follow TripAdvisor very closely. I would create an account and slam them. Most likely they will respond
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Be the asshole of all assholes. I wouldn't let up.
    I'd keep giving them shit until they did something about it.
    Even if that meant calling Hector every goddamn 5 minutes.
    That's some fucked up shit!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Make sure you say that you will report their 'illegal activity'. BBB report also helps with that. If they realize you are one of the few individuals that is knowledgeable of the California advertising laws, they might actually do something. Don't give up! If we let one company do this, others will follow.

Let us know if anything happens!

The BBB doesn't do a thing

Quote Originally Posted by rambleonfreddy View Post
    The BBB doesn't do a thing
    Thanks, already saw JustSteve's comments. But the BBB is similar to giving them a bad rating on yelp or somewhere else people go for reviews. Also, many businesses use the BBB logo in marketing and such if thye are members. It isn't going to necesarilly help, but the more you report it, the more it helps. I could say the same about any other advice to spread on social media that others have recommended.