Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will this year have the worst crowd?

Default Re: Will this year have the worst crowd?

They make these super neat things called schedules, so if you're competent enough to know what time of day it is and what stage you're at, you can always know what band is playing. You can get one on your phone, they've got paper ones, they list the stage schedule directly outside of the stage, too.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Man, what would this board of people do without your wisdom to guide us?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    They make these super neat things called schedules, so if you're competent enough to know what time of day it is and what stage you're at, you can always know what band is playing. You can get one on your phone, they've got paper ones, they list the stage schedule directly outside of the stage, too.
    tell that to the ones asking who's playing. could give less fucks

Oh, totally. Why bother being cognizant at all of what's going on around you when you can just party til the one or two acts you do give a shit about go on?

Oh, totally. Why bother being cognizant at all of what's going on around you when you can just party til the one or two acts you do give a shit about go on?
    Oh, totally. Why bother being cognizant at all that other people may enjoy different aspects or styles of appreciating a music festival when you can just sit on the message boards all day and rag on everyone?
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

I don't think you understand what cognizant means.

Cus, you know, it just means "aware."

And if I'm ragging on someone whose style of appreciating a music festival is to not give a fuck about what band is playing, I'm....clearly aware of how that person experiences a music festival.

Cus, you know, it just means "aware."

And if I'm ragging on someone whose style of appreciating a music festival is to not give a fuck about what band is playing, I'm....clearly aware of how that person experiences a music festival.
    The definition of cognizant is well within my grasp. I guess I was trying to imply that if you were AWARE that other people enjoy music festivals in different ways then you do, you might understand that they're happy doing their own thing. I guess you are AWARE of that and you're just a miserable person who wants everyone to enjoy things the way you enjoy them. I am now fully cognizant of how viewing you in this light might lead me to think you're a bad person. I hope you are cognizant of how trying to dictate what should make people happy could make you an awful person, too. Also I didn't proofread this so if you want to talk your way out being a bad person by remarking I spelled something wrong or had a run-on sentence - go ahead.

There's a difference between "dictating what should make people happy" and "mockery," you dolt.

But yeah, it makes absolutely zero sense to me why someone would be willingly determined to be ignorant of the experience they are having at the moment they are having it. If I saw someone at a restaurant blindly point to the menu, order a food item, and then just shovel it into their mouth while expressing a complete disinterest in wanting to know what it was they were consuming, I'd probably comment on its absurdity.

Also: dictating that people shouldn't dictate. Priceless.

Also: I'm a bad person because I have an opinion and share it? Christ.

butthurt guy, like i said i was waiting for a friend to arrive early in the day. so i was waiting there for no less than 5 minutes when a cunt like you came up to me and was baffled people have different taste than him. shocking right?

So shocking. Also shocking: I use the schedule, so I usually do know what band is playing where. I also sometimes inform people of where they can get a schedule, so that they can know what's going on. It's incredibly cuntish of me.

There's a difference between "dictating what should make people happy" and "mockery," you dolt.

But yeah, it makes absolutely zero sense to me why someone would be willingly determined to be ignorant of the experience they are having at the moment they are having it. If I saw someone at a restaurant blindly point to the menu, order a food item, and then just shovel it into their mouth while expressing a complete disinterest in wanting to know what it was they were consuming, I'd probably comment on its absurdity.

Also: dictating that people shouldn't dictate. Priceless.

Also: I'm a bad person because I have an opinion and share it? Christ.
    21k posts on a music festival forum, autism at it's finest.

Also if you look at my syntax (that means word order) you can see my sentence describes what I just had to explain to your dumbass. I expected you to be cognizant (that means aware) that other people may enjoy different styles of appreciation. I didn't ask you to be aware OF their style. I know you're aware of how that person experiences the festival as I clearly read your childish insult. What I want you to do is use that cute little brain basket of yours and process THAT DIFFERENT THINGS MAKE DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAPPY. I WANT YOU TO BE COGNIZANT OF THAT. Finally, I want you to be more open minded. The end.

Oh, totally. Why bother being cognizant at all that other people may enjoy different aspects or styles of appreciating a music festival when you can just sit on the message boards all day and rag on everyone?

So shocking. Also shocking: I use the schedule, so I usually do know what band is playing where. I also sometimes inform people of where they can get a schedule, so that they can know what's going on. It's incredibly cuntish of me.
    like i said, tell that to the people that asked. i was waiting for friends, i wasn't a booth attendee handing out schedules. cry me a river fuckboy.

Because going to a restaurant and trying a food without knowing what it is would be horrible (but you've eaten at that restaurant before and paid 350.00 to go to it knowing its tastes were usually pretty decent or at least 117.00 dollars a day worth), or traveling to a random destination, or listening to pandora without checking your phone to see who the artist was - would all be some kind of regretful mistake. You're just a closed minded individual who wants to make fun of people on a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    Also if you look at my syntax (that means word order) you can see my sentence describes what I just had to explain to your dumbass. I expected you to be cognizant (that means aware) that other people may enjoy different styles of appreciation. I didn't ask you to be aware OF their style. I know you're aware of how that person experiences the festival as I clearly read your childish insult. What I want you to do is use that cute little brain basket of yours and process THAT DIFFERENT THINGS MAKE DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAPPY. I WANT YOU TO BE COGNIZANT OF THAT. Finally, I want you to be more open minded. The end.

Hi -- sorry, but you're wrong. Again! And I'll explain, again, but in broader terms.

Being cognizant of the fact that other people enjoy different aspects of styles of appreciating a music festival is the basic requirement for commenting AT ALL on how one particular person experiences the festival. It's the only prerequisite for making the joke at all. IT IN FACT, IS THE JOKE. THE JOKE SIMULTANEOUSLY COMMENTS UPON SOMEONE'S EXPERIENCE OF THE FESTIVAL AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT PEOPLE EXPERIENCE THE FESTIVAL IN DIFFERENT WAYS.

Hi -- sorry, but you're wrong. Again! And I'll explain, again, but in broader terms.

Being cognizant of the fact that other people enjoy different aspects of styles of appreciating a music festival is the basic requirement for commenting AT ALL on how one particular person experiences the festival. It's the only prerequisite for making the joke at all. IT IN FACT, IS THE JOKE. THE JOKE SIMULTANEOUSLY COMMENTS UPON SOMEONE'S EXPERIENCE OF THE FESTIVAL AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT PEOPLE EXPERIENCE THE FESTIVAL IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
    be quiet old fuck, you have 21k posts on a festival forum. y so autistic?

I was unaware that posting on the internet an average of 10-15 times a day was the litmus test for autism.

Ugh you're right. There's this weird part of my brain that says if you're aware of something you should appreciate and value it. You're clearly aware that people experience the festival in different ways, you just think they're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by acid-fries View Post
    hah, I know. Who the hell gives that much of they're life to a message board? Guedita, please turn off your cyber world a little more often.

I was unaware that posting on the internet an average of 10-15 times a day was the litmus test for autism.
    autism at it's finest, you post on a once a year festival forum throughout the year. not to mention 21k times.

ughhhhhhh i guess it will be the worst crowd
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    ughhhhhhh i guess it will be the worst crowd
    HAhahahahaha that was perfect. Also stop calling people autistic af. It's not an insult, no one can help being autistic or wants to be and those people have gone through worse struggles than you'll ever know.

autism at it's finest, you post on a once a year festival forum throughout the year. not to mention 21k times.
    I respect your no fucks given attitude about ever being basically aware of what's around you man, but just an FYI there's like, tons and tons of non-festival related threads on this forum that are active throughout the year.

That being said, I am all of the following: fat, autistic, living in my parent's basement, and forever a virgin.

That being said, I am all of the following: fat, autistic, living in my parent's basement, and forever a virgin.
    uh ok? LOL

Autism isn't some catch all insult for every nerd you encounter on the web, fuckhead. I get it - you realized it was offensive to keep calling people retards, so you thought you'd just swap it with a new insult, but you're not really displaying any more social intelligence than someone on the autistic spectrum. Pot calling kettle black perhaps?

Anybody care for some popcorn?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by lostatlimbo View Post
    Autism isn't some catch all insult for every nerd you encounter on the web, fuckhead. I get it - you realized it was offensive to keep calling people retards, so you thought you'd just swap it with a new insult, but you're not really displaying any more social intelligence than someone on the autistic spectrum. Pot calling kettle black perhaps?
    thinking too hard about it, it's just the internet. that guy takes it pretty serious. ask me how much i care about a music festival forum, go ahead.

And to be fair, I am a guy with autism.