Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will this year have the worst crowd?

Default Will this year have the worst crowd?

Just look at the damn lineup, Foster the People, MGMT, Skrillex, Bastille, Floss, Calvin Harris, Zedd, Pharrell, ASAP Ferg, Cudi. The lineup has never been this commercial. Part of me is a little worried that the crowds might be awful. But either way i'm still gonna enjoy my time and the other sets and ignore any stupidity around.

Default Re: Will this year have the worst crowd?

Does anyone even look at the lineup before they decide they're going to Coachella? I don't. I just get super-stoked when there are bands I like. And watch it with MGMT. Their show in San Luis Obispo in 2010 was one of the best I've ever been to. Then again, at San Diego State later that year it was dead. Who knows?
    Friday (Slow Start): Broken Bells - AFI - Dum Dum Girls - The Afghan Whigs - The Cult - MS MR - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Title Fight - Grouplove
    Saturday(Screwed!): MGMT - White Lies - Muse - QOTSA - Cage the Elephant - Pet Shop Boys - Sleigh Bells - Temples - Warpaint - Foster the People - Lorde - Mogwai - Capital Cities - Bear Hands - The Naked & Famous
    Sunday(Good Night and Good Luck): Arcade Fire - Beck - Beady Eye - Lana Del Rey - The Toy Dolls - Laurent Garnier

I am a bit concerned about too many people with questionable manners on mind altering chemicals in the tents. I will keep an eye out for asshole behavior and remove myself from the vicinity of said concertgoers. And seriously, if there are too many people crowding too tight towards the stage or anywhere else, get out. Don't worry about "the crowds" just stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by YzermaNeely View Post
    Does anyone even look at the lineup before they decide they're going to Coachella?
    Yeah I don't think it will be too bad. I'm sure the good crowd will out-number the bad apples.

2012 was more 'commercial'
    ? - Xiu Xiu - Bottom of the Hill
    4/28 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion - GAMH
    5/8 - Acid Mothers Temple - Bottom of the Hill
    5/30-6/1 - Bottlerocket - Napa
    7/2 - Deafhaven - GAMH
    7/7 - Nick Cave - Warfield
    8/10-8/12 - Outside Lands
    8/24 - NIN, Soundgarden and Death Grips - Shoreline

There are so many fine women there.....you can't go wrong at Coachella.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by YzermaNeely View Post
    Does anyone even look at the lineup before they decide they're going to Coachella? I don't.
    And there you have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by fugitive View Post
    Just look at the damn lineup, Foster the People, MGMT, Skrillex, Bastille, Floss, Calvin Harris, Zedd, Pharrell, ASAP Ferg, Cudi. The lineup has never been this commercial. Part of me is a little worried that the crowds might be awful. But either way i'm still gonna enjoy my time and the other sets and ignore any stupidity around.
    Kid Cudi has some pretty solid tracks mixed in his albums and Pharrell could be pretty good depending on what tunes he decides to play. I think 2012 had shittier artists than this year. I mean at least we have Outkast. The Knife, NMH, The Replacements, Motorhead and Beck which are really solid bucket-list style acts.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

I feel like it's gotten a little worse each year in the past 4-5 years.
    Let's cross our fingers for an improvement this year.

(By worse, I mean a higher percentage of douches / assholes)
    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Everyone at Coachella is godless
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness

The douchebags are unavoidable. I have found that they typically like the shitty bands. Avoid the shitty bands. Avoid the douchebags.

This is actually the beauty of having so many "popular" acts. If GV schedules it right, we "true believers" of artists we like but the kids have not even heard of will get to enjoy them with a minimum of douchebaggery (e.g., "Bro, I think the Replacements were popular when Green Day put out Dookie")
    Last edited by grichsgang; 02-19-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Yeah, the crowds just really depend on where you're at. Of course, a "good " band does not always bring a "good" crowd of people. Some people just suck, and you're unfortunate enough to end up by them \_("/)_/

2010 Saturday night was a shit show... That was my first year at Chella and the lineup was very commercial (especially DJ wise). I remember walking back from the Sahara looking up and all I saw were heads as far as I can see. Literally walking like zombies next to 1000s of people. It hasn't been that bad since then... Although I do remember hearing about 100s of people sneaking in each night that year, that may have caused it?

It gets worse every year. Just don't go if you'll continuously worry and bitch about it.

We don't need people like that there.

you sound like a bitch, who cares go have fun you fucking hipster

Quote Originally Posted by FairMonroe View Post
    Yeah, the crowds just really depend on where you're at. Of course, a "good " band does not always bring a "good" crowd of people. Some people just suck, and you're unfortunate enough to end up by them \_("/)_/
    Case in point Tool. Im going to see them in March and shudder to think of how terrible the crowd will be.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    Case in point Tool. Im going to see them in March and shudder to think of how terrible the crowd will be.
    Agreed. If you hang out near the Sahara non stop your going to experience more of the amature crowd which is what we all want, so don't go see any other bands...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    I would think that if one shudders at a TOOL concert, they may be the one with the problem... And, why do you guys have to go anticipating a bad crowd? I mean, I could see it if you're there to see, say, the Chemical Brothers,, and Garth Brooks shows up... But, to go to a festival that provides so many different genres of music and expect everyone to be just like you is being delusional... learn to socialize, fuck.

Some people are not capable of thinking big. They prefer being irrational and bitchy.

I think it will be a very young crowd this year. I was surprised how many commercial pop acts there are once I started digging into the lineup. In addition to your list: Lorde, Lana Del Rey, Ellie Goulding, Grouplove, Kate Nash, Solange, Empire of the Sun, Krewella, Tom Odell (how did this guy make it?), ZZ Ward, HAIM, etc etc etc.

On the bright side, if there's a flood of teen girls at Coachella this year, maybe the beer garden lines won't be so bad.
    Last edited by lostatlimbo; 02-20-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    https://soundcloud.com/longaisles

Friday: Outkast, The Knife, Broken Bells, Jagwar Ma, Dum Dum Girls, Wye Oak, Caravan Palace, The Glitch Mob, Woodkid
    Saturday: MGMT, Fatboy Slim, CHVRCHES, Washed Out, Future Islands, DARKSIDE, Banks, Bear Hands, Galantis, Warpaint, Mogwai, Nas, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Disclosure, Little Dragon, Chance the Rapper, STRFKR, Aluna George, Flight Facilities, J Roddy Walston

Quote Originally Posted by lostatlimbo View Post
    I think it will be a very young crowd this year. I was surprised how many commercial pop acts there are once I started digging into the lineup. In addition to your list: Lorde, Lana Del Rey, Ellie Goulding, Grouplove, Kate Nash, Solange, Empire of the Sun, Krewella, Tom Odell (how did this guy make it?), ZZ Ward, HAIM, etc etc etc.

On the bright side, if there's a flood of teen girls at Coachella this year, maybe the beer garden lines won't be so bad.
    wooderson.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    There are so many fine women there.....you can't go wrong at Coachella.
    Don't make me blush.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Disclosure will have a horrible crowd this year, sad to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron808 View Post
    Some people are not capable of thinking big. They prefer being irrational and bitchy.
    Case in point.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

One of the main reasons I'm hoping for a Disclosure/Calvin Harris conflict on Sunday.
    Last edited by luis4barce94; 02-21-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    Coachella '13 W1

That is pretty delicious right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    My jimmies are slowly rustling...

There's always going to be douchebags. Last year, I saw people at shows when they had no idea who the musicians even were.

If you want to avoid the douches, then maybe go to the more obscure acts. Don't like HAIM's crowd, go see GOAT. Don't like Lorde's crowd, go see Warpaint. Don't like Disclosure's crowd, go see Beck. Don't like Foster the People's crowd, go see Mogwai (they probably might have the least douchy crowd this year actually). Don't like Ellie Goulding's crowd, go see Neko Case. Don't like Lana Del Rey's crowd, go see Neutral Milk Hotel.

Or, just accept the fact that there will be douchebags but don't let it ruin your day. Coachella's not about them, it's about the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Snail View Post
    There's always going to be douchebags. Last year, I saw people at shows when they had no idea who the musicians even were.

Isn't how they learn about a band ....and possibly become fans

last I checked that's how all of us....including you learned about the bands you like.

If we all only went to bands we knew about ...boring. A huge part of coachella is discovering new bands...
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

This is only my third year. First year, it was all peace, love, happy party people. I was so constantly, consistently overjoyed by everything and everyone that people back home thought I was high as a kite. Not so. Second year I noticed the obnoxious jock guys trolling in the tent crowds and jostling around the edges of stages. Now i hear there are going to be hat, thirty thousand more people I hate to say it but... anyone see the movie Gimme Shelter? Speedy skin crawly drugs mixed with endless amount of beer, too many people (this really worries me) wanting to be in the same place at the same time and not being happy about being bumped by stumbling cant handle the high kids, narcissists who think all that matters is what they want, greedy promoters and bands with no common sense but an overindulgence in the appearance of cool as hanging out with thugs made the tragedy some of us know as Altamont. It seems possible that Sympathy for the Devil as, lets call it performance art, can make a comeback and I don't want it to be at Coachella. But I've seen many of these thing show up in other threads either as complaints or brags. As long as I don't see them all coming together I think everything will be magic. If I do see it, I'm heading as far away from it as I can and I don't care who under God's celestial sky is on stage. Lightening does eventually follow thunder. Your milage may vary.

MGMT in Huntington Beach was my first concert and the most Rowdy experience i ever had. 2 years before they Riot. Can't wait for my first Caochellla.

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Isn't how they learn about a band ....and possibly become fans

last I checked that's how all of us....including you learned about the bands you like.

If we all only went to bands we knew about ...boring. A huge part of coachella is discovering new bands...
    exactly, i was sitting at the gobi last year waiting for my friend to arrive. so i was just watching whoever was playing there,enjoying whoever it was, when some kid came up to me and asked who was playing here. i told him i didn't know because i was waiting for someone then he decided to say the most autistic thing, why even come to coachella if you don't know who's playing. it's those kind of people that ruin it, you don't know one band "psh you're an idiot gtfo why even come hurrdedurr" please people have some common sense, not everyone memorizes the line-up top to bottom.