Thread: EM15 = Elektra 2015 + MUTEK 2015

Default EM15 = Elektra 2015 + MUTEK 2015

http://www.em15.ca/en

Celebrating our crystal anniversaries this year, and recognized as unique events within the multidisciplinary field of cutting edge contemporary digital creation, electronic music, new media and culture, Montréal's venerable digital arts festival Elektra, and electronic music and digital creativity institution MUTEK, have joined forces, synchronized dates and created one powerhouse combined event. This two-festival-in-one affair, christened EM15, runs for six jam-packed days from Tuesday May 27 until Sunday June 1, and showcases more than 100 Canadian and international artists in several new venues.

Extraordinarily this year, the Montréal Museum of Contemporary Art opens its esteemed spaces to act as the nerve centre and main headquarters for our festival activities. Our occupation of the MACM underlines our shared commitment to seeking out innovation in digital art and music, and taking risks in ways that only specialized, non-commercial festivals can.

Dedicated to live performance and forward thinking visions in sound and image, EM15 promises festivalgoers an expansive and multidimensional experience!

1st Wave:
    ARCHIE PELAGO (US)
    AUDION (US)
    DINOS CHAPMAN (UK)
    DONATO DOZZY (IT)
    FLUXION (GR)
    HEATSICK (UK)
    MAGIC MOUNTAIN HIGH (DE/NL)
    MOVE D (DE)
    NICOLAS JAAR PRESENTS FROM SCRATCH (CL/US)
    PINCH (UK)
    ROBERT HENKE (DE)
    SHACKLETON (UK)
    VOICES FROM THE LAKE (IT)

Default Re: EM15 = Elektra 2015 + MUTEK 2015

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post

1st Wave:
    ARCHIE PELAGO (US)
    AUDION (US)
    DINOS CHAPMAN (UK)
    DONATO DOZZY (IT)
    FLUXION (GR)
    HEATSICK (UK)
    MOVE D (DE)
    PINCH (UK)
    ROBERT HENKE (DE)
    SHACKLETON (UK)
    Very happy to see Nicolas Jaar will be doing "From Scratch" (http://pitchfork.com/photos/15-pitch...ars-from-scra/) again I hope Red Bull books him for May!

10/3 M.A.N.D.Y. @ ?
    10/4 Liars/The Blood Brothers @ Summerstage
    10/4 KiNK/Atom™/Tin Man @ Output
    10/5 The Blood Brothers @ Warsaw

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post

Celebrating our crystal anniversaries this year, and recognized as unique events within the multidisciplinary field of cutting edge contemporary digital creation, electronic music, new media and culture, Montréal's venerable digital arts festival Elektra, and electronic music and digital creativity institution MUTEK, have joined forces, synchronized dates and created one powerhouse combined event. This two-festival-in-one affair, christened EM15, runs for six jam-packed days from Tuesday May 27 until Sunday June 1, and showcases more than 100 Canadian and international artists in several new venues.

Extraordinarily this year, the Montréal Museum of Contemporary Art opens its esteemed spaces to act as the nerve centre and main headquarters for our festival activities. Our occupation of the MACM underlines our shared commitment to seeking out innovation in digital art and music, and taking risks in ways that only specialized, non-commercial festivals can.

Dedicated to live performance and forward thinking visions in sound and image, EM15 promises festivalgoers an expansive and multidimensional experience!

1st Wave:
    ARCHIE PELAGO (US)
    AUDION (US)
    DINOS CHAPMAN (UK)
    DONATO DOZZY (IT)
    FLUXION (GR)
    HEATSICK (UK)
    MOVE D (DE)
    PINCH (UK)
    ROBERT HENKE (DE)
    SHACKLETON (UK)

Artists

Some quiet adds:

Ben Frost A U R O R A live (AU)
    Holly Herndon (US)
    Max Cooper (UK)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (US)
    Pinch (UK)
    Rashad Becker (DE)

Second Round:

DURIAN BROTHERS - LIVE (DE)
    MARC HOULE - LIVE (CA)
    NONOTAK - LIVE (FR)
    RICARDO VILLALOBOS & MAX LODERBAUER present RE: ECM - LIVE (DE)
    RICARDO VILLALOBOS - DJ (DE)
    RICHIE HAWTIN presents ENTER. (CA)
    ROBERT LIPPOK - LIVE (DE)
    TM404 - LIVE (SE)
    TODOR TODOROFF & LAURA COLMENARES GUERRA - LIVE (BE)
    TOM TRAGO - LIVE (NL)

On Thursday, May 29, RICHIE HAWTIN returns to the festival again—this time curating his juggernaut music-technology concept, ENTER. In its 3rd season, and featuring multiple facets, ENTER. is designed to mix the core principles of underground music, technology and an experiential environment. Fellow Canadian techno master MARC HOULE will play as part of this extravaganza, as will Sweden’s ANDREAS TILLIANDER under his acclaimed, all Roland hardware moniker, TM404.

In the realm of dazzling digital creations, French outfit NONOTAK perform Late Speculation—inside of a specially built, audio synched projection mapping set; Evanescens is a liminal interactive audiovisual piece, featuring cello and electronic interventions by TODOR TODOROFF and LAURA COLMENARES GUERRA; while German pop and avant-garde composer ROBERT LIPPOK, best known for his work in the post-rock/electronic outfit TO ROCOCO ROT, debuts his new A/V work daytimeastronomy.

For forward thinking electronic composition, EM15 is proud to present Chilean/German techno star RICARDO VILLALOBOS and MAX LODERBAUER (NSI / THE MORITZ VON OSWALD TRIO) performing their ECM records reconstruction project, which reimagines works from the label’s catalog by Christian Wallumrød, Arvo Pärt and many more—as a space-conscious improvisation. On Saturday, May 31, VILLALOBOS, the exalted DJ, will spin the festival deep into the night.

The innovative European underground is well represented by avant-garde German turntable trio, the DURIAN BROTHERS who make their North American debut; while veteran Dutch producer TOM TRAGO enacts the multifaceted and body rousing music of his latest project, The Light Fantastic.

More surprises are still in the works, including an extensive program of local and Canadian talents to be unleashed in April!

This festival looks amazing!

Wait Shackleton ended up playing last week??? Why didn't he make it to the Bunker on Friday!

http://www.xlr8r.com/features/2014/0...ngs-about-em15

10/3 M.A.N.D.Y. @ ?
    10/4 Liars/The Blood Brothers @ Summerstage
    10/4 KiNK/Atom™/Tin Man @ Output
    10/5 The Blood Brothers @ Warsaw

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.