Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 72

Thread: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

  1. #1

    Default This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Was going to coachella for other musical acts, but it seems ill just be in YUMA?
    Can someone explain this yuma tent....It wasn't there the years I went

    Hot since 82
    Damian Lazarus
    Davide Squallace
    Dixon
    Solumun
    Art Department
    NICOLE MOUDABER (top)
    Martinez Brothers
    Bicep
    Scuba
    Guy Gerber
    Maceo Plex
    Darkside
    Lee Buridge
    Tiga
    Green Velvet

    Do Lab Weekend 2:
    Blondish
    Thugfucker
    DJ Tennis
    Edwardo Castillo
    Isaac Tichauer
    Jonas Rathsman
    Mikey Lion
    Moon Boots
    Odesza (not house, but I like)
    Persues (really excited for him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HknLT_u_GcY)
    Last edited by Oldman1313; 02-24-2014 at 09:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Member MostlyMellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    210

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    It's an air conditioned tent with hardwood floors . It's closed off so you feel like your in a club .Spending your whole weekend there would be weird and wouldn't be worth it to me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    You forgot about the lights. Imagine an old-school lightbulb-grid scoreboard type setup. Except instead of scores its flashing images of stick figures in different sex positions.

  4. #4
    Member grannock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,485

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Its an edm lovers dream for 3x as much as it should cost. Great bookings but i dont understand why an edm lover would pay the coachella sticker price when all these artists play in major markets and command less than 20$ a show. Unless money is no concern... But then you could also do much better in europe, at bpm, or at wmc.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

  5. #5

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    It's a great Yuma lineup, but there's no chance they put Darkside in there.

  6. #6

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    ahhh, just googled it. So its essentially a club?! Thats a bummer, was hopping the the outdoor vibe. Does it fill up fast/how big is space?? I have tickets to mysterland and tomorrow world so it would be silly to spend time in there...I just know I will though

  7. #7
    Member rambleonfreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    724

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Sort of a club, its not like banger music like you'd find in the sahara. It can get packed for the big names. Last year there was a HUGE line to get in for someone's set.

  8. #8

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Crossing fingers for Nicolas Jaar /maybe a disclosure dj set..
    Last edited by GeoffreyB; 02-18-2014 at 11:31 AM.
    RAC or The Knife.. 4/09
    Coachella w1
    Jagwar Ma 4/16
    Flume 4/20
    Deafheaven 4/25
    Tycho 5/08
    Gesaffelstein 5/23
    Mac DeMarco 7/11
    Arctic Monkeys/Black Rebel Motorcycle Club 8/7
    FYF FEST

  9. #9

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by rambleonfreddy View Post
    Sort of a club, its not like banger music like you'd find in the sahara. It can get packed for the big names. Last year there was a HUGE line to get in for someone's set.
    Yeah I stay away from the pop "EDM" so I wont touch sahara. The djs I mentioned above are what I listen to on a regular basis. Hence my excitement. Didnt expect house/techno there (although last years yuma aslo looked pretty stacked).

  10. #10
    Member rambleonfreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    724

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Yah its definitely a fun place to hang out in, i wouldn't wait in line to get in though when there's 5 (6 if you count Do-Lab) stages you can see music at

  11. #11
    Member imademilwaukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    echo park
    Posts
    200

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    i checked out the 2 bears last year. the a/c wasn't doing much and it was muggy to the point that a bunch of dudes were taking off their shirts. with the breeze it felt much better outside.

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    The Yuma will be bigger this year. I suspect it won't take as long to get in, but even with a really long line, the longest I waited to get in was 20 minutes and that was for The 2 Bears. I only went in a handful of times last year, but I suspect it will be easier to get in this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    Its an edm lovers dream for 3x as much as it should cost. Great bookings but i dont understand why an edm lover would pay the coachella sticker price when all these artists play in major markets and command less than 20$ a show. Unless money is no concern... But then you could also do much better in europe, at bpm, or at wmc.
    Or if you're an "edm lover" who also loves other genres of music. You know, there are people who attend the festival that like BOTH "edm" and other genres. Crazy, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  14. #14

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy


  15. #15
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,161

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    The Yuma will be bigger this year. I suspect it won't take as long to get in, but even with a really long line, the longest I waited to get in was 20 minutes and that was for The 2 Bears. I only went in a handful of times last year, but I suspect it will be easier to get in this year.
    Is there any speculation of just how big? Are we talking a second Gobi, or maybe Mojave? I know people are saying it only took 20 minutes to get in, but even 10 minutes of waiting in line at Coachella (or really any festival) seems like an eternity.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  16. #16

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Everyone complains about the lines but it moved quickly. I loved the atmosphere last year. I caught 4 sets last year and 2 of them were amazing. Loco Dice was especially fun. Looking forward to Nicole, Nina, Dixon (2nd time), Hot Since 82, BICEP, and Art Department. But as everyone mentioned, spending the entirety of the festival in the Yuma isn't the "way to do it". The lineup is so stacked that you're sure to catch a good set whenever you head inside it's air conditioned, neon lit confines. There's a big disco ball, lounge chairs and couches, and plenty of room to dance.

  17. #17
    Member rambleonfreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    724

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    weren't there like 5 or 6 disco balls?

    that was awesome

  18. #18

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    I wish it had a retractable roof for the night time and an express VIP line.

    make it happen goldenvoice

  19. #19

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldman1313 View Post
    Was going to coachella for other musical acts, but it seems ill just be in YUMA?
    Can someone explain this yuma tent....It wasn't there the years I went

    Hot since 82
    Damian Lazarus
    Davide Squallace
    Dixon
    Solumun
    Art Department
    NICOLE MOUDABER (top)
    Martinez Brothers
    Bicep
    Scuba
    Guy Gerber
    Maceo Plex
    Darkside
    Lee Buridge
    Tiga
    Green Velvet
    I hate to say it, but eventually the sahara tent will be replaced with the Yuma(conceptually) and Coachella is obviously betting on it too. Once the EDM backlash hits, the underground scene will be milked to fucking death by the industry. sigh, typical of Amercian culture(you realize this genre has been huge in Europe for decades without selling out) IMHO its the next logical step/ Compare it to the end of the metal scene transitioning into the alternative stuff during the 90s.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    Its an edm lovers dream for 3x as much as it should cost. Great bookings but i dont understand why an edm lover would pay the coachella sticker price when all these artists play in major markets and command less than 20$ a show. Unless money is no concern... But then you could also do much better in europe, at bpm, or at wmc.
    Please do not refer to the artists who are playing in the Yuma as EDM. You are making yourself look foolish.

  21. #21
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,650

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by kayeM View Post
    Please do not refer to the artists who are playing in the Yuma as EDM. You are making yourself look foolish.
    What do you think EDM means?

  22. #22

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    What do you think EDM means?
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. lol here comes the great thread derail!

  23. #23

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    I hate to say it, but eventually the sahara tent will be replaced with the Yuma(conceptually) and Coachella is obviously betting on it too. Once the EDM backlash hits, the underground scene will be milked to fucking death by the industry. sigh, typical of Amercian culture(you realize this genre has been huge in Europe for decades without selling out) IMHO its the next logical step/ Compare it to the end of the metal scene transitioning into the alternative stuff during the 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    I wish it had a retractable roof for the night time and an express VIP line.

    make it happen goldenvoice
    somewhat ironic

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    I hate to say it, but eventually the sahara tent will be replaced with the Yuma(conceptually) and Coachella is obviously betting on it too. Once the EDM backlash hits, the underground scene will be milked to fucking death by the industry. sigh, typical of Amercian culture(you realize this genre has been huge in Europe for decades without selling out) IMHO its the next logical step/ Compare it to the end of the metal scene transitioning into the alternative stuff during the 90s.
    Are you fucking serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  25. #25
    Lurker barefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Screen Shot 2014-02-20 at 3.16.40 AM.jpg

    Here's a pic I took inside last year.

  26. #26
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,266

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    This is the worst thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  27. #27

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    somewhat ironic
    Look out! Internet social elitist in our presence.

  28. #28

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Are you fucking serious?

    Look out! Internet social elitist in our presence. Don't be mad doucher.

  29. #29

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    With the reunion of Deep Dish on the way...I could see some of the "EDM" fans being lured into more of the house/techno sound. There is no way this big-boom-anthem crap can keep the momentum.

  30. #30
    Member Ajo209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: This is a techno/house music lover's fantasy

    jumpstarts a moron lol

Similar Threads

  1. Detroit techno and Chicago house for Sahara 2013
    By Electrotek in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 12:08 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 01:43 PM
  3. just another Music Lover lookin for a Camping Spot...
    By *5paceMan_M!sh* in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 07:31 AM
  4. Together as Weed Fri 4/9 Dubstep|House|Techno|Drum n Bass
    By TheRizo in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 11:42 PM
  5. Classic House/Techno?
    By music junkie in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •