Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it better to regret something you have done than something you havent?

Default Is it better to regret something you have done than something you havent?

Ok so here is the deal, I am totally in love with one of my best girlfriends. we have known eachother for years and have always been close. We work together as managers of a resturaunt. she has always had a boyfriend of some sort and we have always just been just friends.
    Recently she has been having major problems with her boyfriend and actually been living in town with her parents rather than her BF,out of town. because she is in town we have been hanging out almost every day for two weeks. the more time i spend with her the more iI relize I actually have strong, strong, feelings for her.
    I dont want to be that guy who moves in on a broken relationship but it is begining to drive me crazy. I enjoy going to work just cause i get to see her and i go out every night juust cause she will be there. I dont know wether to tell her how I feel and possibly make a great friend, possibly one of my best, feel very uncomftorble and maybe ruin the friendship or, tell her how I feel and maybe hear what I want. What I do know is that I havent felt this way in a long long time and that It drives me crazy to be around her and not know what to do.
    please I need advice

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Default Re: Is it better to regret something you have done than something you havent?

...and by the way, if you see your mom this weekend be sure and tell her SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN!
    Last edited by John Peel is My Co-pilot; 04-17-2007 at 10:03 AM.
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Default Re: Is it better to regret something you have done than something you havent?

where's caco?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Hey where do you go to school?
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

Hey don't sweat moving in on a broken hearted girl, cause if you don't someone else will and you'll be stuck waiting for an answer to a question you never asked. This is however a complicated situation as you work together. Know that if you take the step to the next level and it works out then you guys break up you won't be friends anymore not in the way you are now. But if she gets with some other dude she probably won't be spending as much time with you. I'm sure she know's how you feel, and there has to be a reason she's hanging out with you so much. In my opinion I say go for it, if it works out you'll be happy, if she doesn't feel the same she won't be offended, you guys will still be friends but just not as close, and if you do nothing at all you'll lose her to someone else.
    Good luck bro
    I miss Bill Hicks.

I asked for your school just so I can warn them of the impending shootout after she tells you she only likes you as a friend.

If she wanted more she would have mounted you by now.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

How old are you? How old is she?

If you want to stay where you are working, don't fish off of the company pier is age old advice.
    I'll take you. I can't promise to stay soft the whole time, though.

Don't tell her unless you're sure she'd feel the same way. If she does, she'll make it very obvious. The best way of finding out is getting drunk together.
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

here's my advice dirtbag: don't be such a pussy. man up and go for it. worrying about "ruining a good friendship" is just you dodging the real issue, which is that you're afraid she'll reject you. yes well she might. deal.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Try a "Friends with Perks" type thing to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Try a "Friends with Perks" type thing to start with.
    You're assuming she even wants him, she might not have any feelings for him whatsoever. Girls can very easily be "just friends" with guys and not have any romantic interest.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    here's my advice dirtbag: don't be such a pussy. man up and go for it. worrying about "ruining a good friendship" is just you dodging the real issue, which is that you're afraid she'll reject you. yes well she might. deal.
    Fuck that. Then he'll be on here crying about whether its better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all.
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

A real friendship can endure almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Fuck that. Then he'll be on here crying about whether its better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all.
    ahahahahahahahaahaha!

go for it...
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Wink Re: Is it better to regret something you have done than something you havent?

You're assuming she even wants him, she might not have any feelings for him whatsoever. Girls can very easily be "just friends" with guys and not have any romantic interest.
    I have not made any assumptions here - this young lady already appears to be his friend.

I would go for her. Her boyfriends obviously a douche and you could take advantage of his doucheness by showing her that you are better than he is. I actually had a similar thing happen to me. I would study with this girl like everyday for like a year and a half, but we never really hung-out unless we were studying. She had a boyfriend and she would hardly ever talk about him, then one day she said something to the effect of my "boyfriend is an asshat." I asked her out and we have been together for three years now. I moved in on her when she was having a rough time with her boyfriend and it was the best decision I have ever made. DO IT!!! or regret it for the rest of your life.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by John Peel is My Co-pilot View Post
    ...and by the way, if you see your mother tell her SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN!
    Damn it, you got it so quickly I never even had a chance.

The funny thing about regret is, it's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Just kiss her.

Banned

I bet you had feelings for her along time ago and now you see your chance to pounce.

Never regret anything you did in the past. You did believe at the time, given the information you had, that it was the right thing to do remember?

go for it bud...but only if you think she may be feeling the same way. it sounds like you aren't good friends w/ her current BF, so at least you don't have to deal w/ that factor either.

tell her how u respect your friendship & the time u have recently spent together and that if she ever thought of finding out if there was anything more between the two of you that you would be all for it. Then let her decide on what to do. At least you won't feel pent up wondering woulda/shoulda/coulda because u were to scared to ask. Now if you go into stalker mode after that cuz she isn't into you in that way.....well, that would be something you'd regret while contemplating how to survive your prison sentence w/o getting butt raped. Good luck!

I would put on any Smiths album, buy a razor blade and go to town on my wrist.....But thats just me.
    Ive got the demons in me, Ive got to brush them all away.......

Banned

Send her a pigs heart. Nothing means love and how serious you are more than a pigs heart.

Let's try this approach:

PIXORSTFU

Lurker

whip it out and if she doesn't run away screaming, then she likes you.

This coming from a guy named DirtbagMagee
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Banned

He seems like a great guy though. Id totally hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    He seems like a great guy though. Id totally hit it.
    I'd hit it too, RIGHT IN THE FUCKING MOUTH, With a fist full of steel.........
    Ive got the demons in me, Ive got to brush them all away.......

Don't tell her unless you're sure she'd feel the same way. The best way of finding out is getting drunk together.
    seconded.
    '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '12 '13 '13

vinylmartyr

Bet they have never been drunk together before.