Thread: Please have FATBOY SLIM close the main stage Saturday! NOT Muse.

Default Please have FATBOY SLIM close the main stage Saturday! NOT Muse.

Tiesto did it, Chemical Brothers did it, Swedish House Mafia did it. Why not Fatboy Slim.... just saying...
    [B]Darthlaker

Default Re: Please have FATBOY SLIM close the main stage Saturday! NOT Muse.

Probably because he hasn't had a popular single in over 5 years. I love me some Fatboy Slim, but I'd much rather see him in the Sahara.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

He'll play the Sahara. If anyone is going to close the Coachella Stage after Muse, it's Skrillex.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by darthlaker View Post
    Tiesto did it, Chemical Brothers did it, Swedish House Mafia did it. Why not Fatboy Slim.... just saying...
    It'll probably be Skrillex if anyone's closing. He's billed the highest and usually the electronic artist billed the highest closes the main. But who knows, maybe Calvin Harris will close the main on Sunday or Zedd will close on Friday (not like I want it to happen, by the way).

Fatboy Slim is closing Sahara with some heavy visuals, and my body is ready for it

How about a petition to play only funky house and big beat, like the good ol' days?

Does anyone know the actual capacity of the new Sahara? At least 20k, I'm guessing. I'll be surprised if they deem the Sahara too small for Skrillex this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    How about a petition to play only funky house and big beat, like the good ol' days?
    I might even consider going to see him if he brought out some big beat from the gold old days, if only.

signed
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    Does anyone know the actual capacity of the new Sahara? At least 20k, I'm guessing. I'll be surprised if they deem the Sahara too small for Skrillex this year.
    Even with the upgrade, the Sahara is STILL not big enough for the crowd he will bring. He will probably close the main with Fatboy closing the Sahara.

Neither Skrillex or Norman Cook deserve to close. Fatboy Slim is terrible. Terrible. His mixing is and always has been shit. His track selection is weak and predictable. I've never understood why he gets so many gigs. Skrillex is another phenomenon of failed proportions. "I hope he plays Banga-rang" (as i punch myself in the face). He'll get to drunk and train wreck like always. Chain smoke and head bang his stupid haircut while he pretends to turn knobs. Excision should have been booked and close the night. Or Hell, bring Bassnectar back. That never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by atom11 View Post
    Neither Skrillex or Norman Cook deserve to close. Fatboy Slim is terrible. Terrible. His mixing is and always has been shit. His track selection is weak and predictable. I've never understood why he gets so many gigs. Skrillex is another phenomenon of failed proportions. "I hope he plays Banga-rang" (as i punch myself in the face). He'll get to drunk and train wreck like always. Chain smoke and head bang his stupid haircut while he pretends to turn knobs. Excision should have been booked and close the night. Or Hell, bring Bassnectar back. That never gets old.
    Bassnector? Lol I checked him out at hard summer and he sucked big black chocolate salty balls.
    [B]Darthlaker

You know you fail to prove your point when you cite two shitty brostep acts.

You know you fail to prove your point when you cite two shitty brostep acts.
    Far from Brostep. Jesus, the godfather of Brostep is Skrillex. I lived in miami the last 5 years and i've seen more than my fair share of tank top, sunglasses at night, there because they think its cool, assholes. I saw Bassnectar @ The Fillmore Maimi...it may have been the best electronic act i have ever seen(i promise i didnt just start listening to "techno" yesterday). I had zero expectations and it was magical. AND I was sober because i know what you're thinking.
    As far as Excision goes, he is 1000x better than Skrillex in production, genre variety and mixing ability. I saw him play the midnight slot in Miami club almost 4 years ago. Heard the name but never saw him live. Leveled the place. Bartenders were dancing, security were nodding heads. It felt like the 90's again. I will forever be a fan. If i have to feel like Mr Belding walking into The Maxx, then so be it.

I wish man.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Far from Brostep. Jesus, the godfather of Brostep is Skrillex. I lived in miami the last 5 years and i've seen more than my fair share of tank top, sunglasses at night, there because they think its cool, assholes. I saw Bassnectar @ The Fillmore Maimi...it may have been the best electronic act i have ever seen(i promise i didnt just start listening to "techno" yesterday). I had zero expectations and it was magical. AND I was sober because i know what you're thinking.
    As far as Excision goes, he is 1000x better than Skrillex in production, genre variety and mixing ability. I saw him play the midnight slot in Miami club almost 4 years ago. Heard the name but never saw him live. Leveled the place. Bartenders were dancing, security were nodding heads. It felt like the 90's again. I will forever be a fan. If i have to feel like Mr Belding walking into The Maxx, then so be it.
    Bassnectar was quality from 2003-2008; after 2009 he went quickly to shit and went from his burner breaks to shitty brostep. Him and Excision makes me wonder how they can still draw a crowd from flogging a dead horse. At least Skrillex moved on from shitty brostep, can't say the same for those two.

Used to like Excision too, btw.
    Last edited by Electrotek; 02-23-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Bassnectar was quality from 2003-2008; after 2009 he went quickly to shit and went from his burner breaks to shitty brostep. Him and Excision makes me wonder how they can still draw a crowd from flogging a dead horse. At least Skrillex moved on from shitty brostep, can't say the same for those two.

Used to like Excision too, btw.
    totally agree.. I actually just deleted over 1,000 dubsteps songs off my itunes.. Bassnectar was incredible before he went after the big boom.. Excision was the worst set I saw last year at coachella

Why not Muse? If you say that Muse is cheesy or bad or (insert negative adjective here) but Fatboy Slim is not, you are hopeless. Muse is going to put on a show at least 10x better than Fatboy Slim, regardless of how you feel about either act.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Why not Muse? If you say that Muse is cheesy, but Fatboy Slim is not, you are hopeless. Muse is going to put on a show at least 10x better than Fatboy Slim, regardless of how you feel about either act.
    Cause it's not uncommon for the headliner on Saturday to not actually be the one closing the stage. Big name electronic artists close the main on Saturday a lot. I have no interest in Fatboy Slim or Skrillex whatsoever, I'll be seeing Muse unless they conflict with Mogwai, but I think one of them (almost certainly Skrillex) will be closing the main that night just based on what's happened historically.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    Cause it's not uncommon for the headliner on Saturday to not actually be the one closing the stage. Big name electronic artists close the main on Saturday a lot. I have no interest in Fatboy Slim or Skrillex whatsoever, I'll be seeing Muse unless they conflict with Mogwai, but I think one of them (almost certainly Skrillex) will be closing the main that night just based on what's happened historically.
    It's not uncommon? Because it has happened a few times?

Also I don't need an explanation as to why a headliner COULD close the stage. When I said, "Why not Muse?" It was referring to the original poster's thread title, as it seems they are really against Muse (See: "NOT Muse.") and really pro-Fatboy Slim (See: Please have FATBOY SLIM close the main stage Saturday!")
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.