Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hotel Recommendations?

Banned

Default Re: Hotel Recommendations?

yeah we r going to stay at a motel 6 in p. springs. nothing fancy just a place to crash. we plan a vacation every year and we r gonna do coachella this year. we go to festivals during the summer and have always wanted to do coachella and now that it is 3 days it makes it even more compelling so we will be there. every festival i go to i always discover new bands to get into so this should be a great festival..

Stayed at the Courtyard in Palm Springs last year $280/night. It was great but kind of far from the campgrounds.

This year I am staying at the Marriott Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert.

Good luck getting a room now. I reserved mine 5/1/06.

Quote Originally Posted by mercr View Post
    HYATT Grand champions Indian Wells is the greatest spot to rest after a crazy day at Coachella. They have a neat bar in the pool area, and you can hang out catch a tan. Cool thing is that you can meet allot of the performers there as they hang out at the poolside. Guys the groupies are at every corner too so left overs can be nice hehe
    FYI Hyatt Grand Champions is SOLD OUT.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Some sites are also showing the Esmerelda as SOLD OUT and anything (decent) under $150 in Palm springs as SOLD OUT as well.

ACT QUICKLY if you want a room - its slim pickins from herer on out, I'm afraid.
    The Glitter Freeze

Has anyone stayed at the MIRAMONTE in Indian Wells?
    The Glitter Freeze

i heard that people that are looking to rent out thier houses are probably gonna rent them out for just that weekend... imma try to find out... and trust me they are near the polo area

Hey Kampy.

I made a couple of calls right now. Here are the results.

Hotels within 7 miles of event.
    • Hyatt Grand Champions Resort-Had arrangement with cab company-did not know price.

• Indian Wells Resort Hotel-No shuttle service.

• Miramonte Resort- Had arrangement with cab company-$40.00 round trip.

• Renaissance Esmeralda-No shuttle service. Concierge thought shuttle service was a good idea.

• Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs- No shuttle service.

Drinking in the heat doesn't work out too well for me anyways:-)
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Thanks Kampy, I've been spoiled & stayed with friends in the area for the past 3 yrs, but this year I'm on my own.....this vacation rental thing looks amazing, but kinda a pain in the ass. DAMN. I'm bringing about 8 friends (but always more will somehow end up crashing with us...), sadly, I'm gonna be the one doing the organizing.
    BUT, the lineup is gonna make up for any headache i have to endure. I've been waiting for RAGE for yrs!!! Blending in Damien Rice, Spank Rock , !!!, The Roots, Black Keys (what a show, damn!), the Frames,.....I can't even begin to imagine.

Has anyone stayed @ the Best Western on Indio Blvd? If so is it any good? I am just not hoping it is a hooker hotel, like how someone posted earlier. I paid TOO MUCH money for a room there, so i hope it is at least a decent place to rest my head.

It's pretty impractical, but if you don't mind driving a little farther, check out motels in Yucca Valley. It would be a 45 minute drive to the Polo Grounds, but you could find a room cheap. That's where I lived for the last ten years and made the drive every year for both days of the festival. It's honestly not too bad, and if it's a choice between a longer drive and either paying an arm and a leg or not going, I'd look into staying in Yucca Valley. You could also check out Desert Hot Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kampy View Post
    depends on the house, and how many peeps you have. Last year we rented a 3BR house with pool, jacuzzi, etc... crammed 14 people in there, and it was like $65 each for 3 nights!

People and cost aren't really my problem. I will be flying in and need to know what kind of transportation there is to and from Coachella? Is it best to rent a car?

you guys can check quality inn on monroe street. its just like 5mins away from the polo grounds. annd the best western on indio blvd is good...dont tripp

Quote Originally Posted by CombatBaby View Post
    Stayed at the Courtyard in Palm Springs last year $280/night. It was great but kind of far from the campgrounds.

I'm staying there too! what rate did you get at Shadow Ridge? I got $119 for a king suite with an extra couch bed!
    ~If you're feeling sinister, go off and see a minister~

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatdamaged View Post
    annd the best western on indio blvd is good...dont tripp
    Thanks for the help!

I just booked a room at the fairfield in in San Bernadino. Its an hour away but the rooms are great and since my sis works for Marriott I got a massive discount. Like 40%. So advice to anyone. If you have a friend or family that works at marriott have them hook you up with the Friends and Family Rate.

There are still rooms available at Embassy Suites. Kind of expensive, but
    very nice, and close.

Miramonte still had a FEW rooms left this afternoon.
    The Glitter Freeze

Banned

i guess for me where i stay is not a major deal. i get the having a party after the show type of feel, but the party is there at the festival for me so ill crash at a cheap hotel and be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Damaged View Post
    I usually love camping, but in this case, after a LONG day on my feet Id like to sleep in a comfey bed, who knows maybe take a hot shower or soak my feet in the tub. The last thing I want to do is get crappy sleep on an air mattress, and wake up at 7am sweaty and stuffy in a HOT tent.

But hey, if your low on funds and have no other choice then I think its really cool they have camping as an option

I, on the other hand, am going to stick with my cheap Motel 6 room

Psyched up people, 7:00am Sun = No Sleep for 3 days. I'd say a motel is a good call.

fantasy springs resort but its ridiculously expensive. free shuttles and what not though

The Best Western Date Tree is probably my favorite place to stay. Very clean, nice staff, and a free continental breakfast.
    This year I'm staying at the Royal Plaza Inn. Not quite as clean, but much cheaper and they don't have that 3 night minimum thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CombatBaby View Post

I just booked a room at the Westin Mission Hills & Villas in Palm Springs and had no problem. There's still vacancies around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WALKING DISTANCE TO COACHELLA MUSIC FESTIVAL! GREAT LOCATION IN A SMALL GATED COMMUNITY ONLY 50 HOMES IN THIS SMALL DEVELOPMENT BUILT IN 2006. THE HOUSE IS VACANT (NO FURNITURE) PLENTY OF SPACE TO PARTY WITH FRIENDS. HAVE A PRE-PARTY CATERED AT THIS HOME! 4 BEDROOMS AND A HUGE UPSTAIRS BONUS GAME ROOM WITH OUTSIDE BALCONY!!! OR CAN BE USED AS A 5TH BEDROOM! 10 PEOPLE ALONE CAN SLEEP COMFY IN UPSTAIRS BONUS ROOM. HOUSE HAS 48 INCH STAINLESS STEEL THERMADOR REFRIGERATOR! GRANITE COUNTER TOPS!!! WINE COOLER TO KEEP DRINKS FRESH, 6.5 FT DEPT PEBBLE TECH POOL AND LARGE PEBBLE TECH SPA!!!! DOUBLE PANED WINDOWS!!! MASTER JACUZZI TUB WITH SEPARATE WALK-IN SHOWER, FIREPLACE AND 3.5 BATHS!!! GREAT LOCATION JUST OFF OF AVENUE 52 DOWN THE STREET FROM COACHELLA MUSIC FESTIVAL!!!! 3,500 SQUARE FOOT HOME. UPSTAIRS HAS BALCONY LARGE YARD. CAN SEND PHOTOS OF HOME. GRANITE COUNTER-TOPS. CATER YOUR OWN PARTY AT THIS LOCATION!

WHAT TO BRING TO THIS GREAT OASIS FOR YOUR PARTY??? BRING SLEEPING BAGS! OR AIR MATTERESS, PLASTIC CUPS, PLATES ETC... STORE PERISHABLES IN 48 IN REFRIGERATOR, PLENTY OF PARKING AVAILABLE!! TWO CAR GARAGE! AND THE DRIVE ALONE FITS 6 CARS!!!

BRING 15-20 FRIENDS COST IS $1000 PER NIGHT.

Is the Palm Springs drive that bad? What time should someone expext to be back @ the hotel in Palm Springs after the show? We're staying @ the Hilton in Palm Sp.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Nuts to that, just spend $40 on a camping ticket.
    TOTALLY TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

3day Coachella concert + campsite pass= $339.65
    1 12 ounce bottle of water = $3.00
    1 Coachella hoodie = $40.00
    Walking out the main entrance and not having to worry about fighting traffic to get to your hotel = PRICELESS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smitt12 View Post
    Is the Palm Springs drive that bad? What time should someone expext to be back @ the hotel in Palm Springs after the show? We're staying @ the Hilton in Palm Sp.
    The drive home after the last act can be long, but oh well, nothing you can do when so many people leave at the same time. The traffic is not as much an issue as the idea of going an extra 20 minutes when some people stay in indio or indian wells, which are rather close.
    The Glitter Freeze