Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel Recommendations?

Default Hotel Recommendations?

I will need to cut back on the quality of my hotel lodgings in order to accomodate the additional day. Any suggestions?

Previous stays Embassy Suites and The Hilton next door. Both are charging regular rates at this time for the three days.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Default Re: Hotel Recommendations?

My friends slept in tents on the extensively large lawn at some hotel last year and bathed in the pool. You could do that.

polo grounds

I stayed at a nice hotel in palms springs I forgot the name. Check on the old boards under the title of something like Nice Rooms still available. It was nice except for the day of the protests, the fill in roomservice people didn't have a clue what was going on.

i would recommend the hampton inn. i stayed there last year and it was great!

what are the regualr rates?
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Banned

i think im just gonna reserve a room at a motel 6 in palm springs. just need a place to crash. not picky and it will do. need to save the good cash for beer and food! -

For the last two or three Coachellas I've stayed at the Travelodge in Palm Springs. It's nice enough. There are two pools, wireless internet, and free breakfast. It's full right now, but what happened last year was people weren't impressed with the line up and cancelled their reservations.

This year I'm staying at the Travelodge in Cat City. I think I stayed at this one in 2002. Again, nice enough.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    i think im just gonna reserve a room at a motel 6 in palm springs. just need a place to crash. not picky and it will do. need to save the good cash for beer and food! -
    i had a friend who stayed there last year and he had no problems
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Banned

rates were reasonable at around 70 a night. so im gonna book it probably. might as well start doing it now cuz rooms are gonna go fast. how has it been getting rooms in the past? i mean how late have people waited to get a room and have they paid for it dearly?

Good Luck as the travel lodge and any other reasonable lodging under $100 a night is sold out

Talking Re: Hotel Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    Exactly! I booked a room at Motel 6 a few nights ago. For 4 nights it came up to about $340. Which is a good deal. When I was searching for hotels, every cheap hotel was completly booked already! Espically the ones in Indio. So yeah, im all good to go. I dont mind that its at a Motel 6. Were just sleeping there anyways.

In 05 my friends and I rented a house in Palm Springs. Swimming pool, Spa, the works. When you go with 7+ people its doable. If your planning on coming a day early or staying a day extra its worth it cause you get to utilize everything your paying for.

This year im not going with that many people and Coachella is an extra day, so 2007= Cheap Hotel.
    You ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?

glamourdamaged.etsy.com

glamourdamaged.etsy.com

Three nights at a Motel 6 in Palm Springs about 20 miles away was $260... not too bad.

I'm staying in palm desert. It was fairly cheap. I think the International hotel
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    I will need to cut back on the quality of my hotel lodgings in order to accomodate the additional day. Any suggestions?
    I've written some articles that you may find helpful:

How to find a hotel room for Coachella 2007
    http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2019729_ho...coachella.html

How to rent a vacation home for Coachella 2007
    http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2019828_re...coachella.html

How to camp on-site at Coachella 2007
    http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2019773_ca...coachella.html

How to camp off-site for Coachella 2007
    http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2019911_ca...coachella.html

How to rent an RV for Coachella 2007
    http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2019964_re...coachella.html
    Read my Coachella articles: http://www.coachella.ehow.com/

Bands I'd love to see at Coachella '08: West Indian Girl, Menomena, The 88, Pigeon John

Rental homes are REALLY expensive though. When you add up however much it is a night ($350) you think "wow this seems doable" BUT you dont realize you have to pay a pool heating fee, a city tax fee, Departure cleaning fee, AND a security deposit. So it seems like it will cost $1610. BUT really its costs $3036!!!

Heres an example: I just did a search. it was a rental home for 4 nights. 4/26, 4/27, 4/28, 4/29. Heres what I got:

glamourdamaged.etsy.com

Nuts to that, just spend $40 on a camping ticket.

I usually love camping, but in this case, after a LONG day on my feet Id like to sleep in a comfey bed, who knows maybe take a hot shower or soak my feet in the tub. The last thing I want to do is get crappy sleep on an air mattress, and wake up at 7am sweaty and stuffy in a HOT tent.

But hey, if your low on funds and have no other choice then I think its really cool they have camping as an option

I, on the other hand, am going to stick with my cheap Motel 6 room

glamourdamaged.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Damaged View Post
    Rental homes are REALLY expensive though. When you add up however much it is a night ($350) you think "wow this seems doable" BUT you dont realize you have to pay a pool heating fee, a city tax fee, Departure cleaning fee, AND a security deposit. So it seems like it will cost $1610. BUT really its costs $3036!!!
    depends on the house, and how many peeps you have. Last year we rented a 3BR house with pool, jacuzzi, etc... crammed 14 people in there, and it was like $65 each for 3 nights!
    Read my Coachella articles: http://www.coachella.ehow.com/

Bands I'd love to see at Coachella '08: West Indian Girl, Menomena, The 88, Pigeon John

Yeah, thats the way to do it The only thing you have to worry about is fighting over who gets a bed and who gets to shower first! haha...

glamourdamaged.etsy.com

Banned

yeah we debated on the camping thing and it sounds like a good time, but hey 3 days in the sun drinking and rocking out is gonna make daddy scoop a tired muthat f###er so id rather get a good crash on a bed and wake up and do it all over again!. hey the total for the room i reserved for 4 nites plus tax will be around 340.00 so im good with that. i figured to just reserve and be safe now and if i can get one closer when people cancel, cool. if not then hey i got one reserved so im in baby!!

Most hotels are actually sold out now. Be quick.

Banned

Uhh, I live close to the venue, and I can accomadate any fine ladies that are willing to put out.

Thankyou.

lodging is so hot right now.

Lurker

HYATT Grand champions Indian Wells is the greatest spot to rest after a crazy day at Coachella. They have a neat bar in the pool area, and you can hang out catch a tan. Cool thing is that you can meet allot of the performers there as they hang out at the poolside. Guys the groupies are at every corner too so left overs can be nice hehe

ya if you like std's!

I stayed at a Motel 6 last year in Palm Springs. It was surprizingly quiet, which was fine with me after a long, hot day of crowds, dust, & music. I may do the same thing again this year........Palm Springs puts you close to Coachella (about 25 minutes one way) without being in the "thick" of everything, and the traffic/problems being in the "thick" of it causes.

We stayed in a dump last year, for about $179 a night. By eleven each morning the heat had overpowered the outdated ac system, and the complimentary breakfast consisted of coffee and stale donuts. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was practically right down the road from the polo grounds (a friend walked back the first night after we got separated) so I guess we paid for the convenience.

This year I booked mega early and was able to get my Hilton employee ********. $39 a night at the brand new Embassy Suites in Indio. Booyah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

Last year we got lucky, staying at the Comfort Suites in Cathedral City, for $110/night. The room was very clean, with a microwave/fridge, queen bed, sofa bed, television and air conditioning. The shower was nice. I guess it had a pool, but we only slept there. They are sold out already. We are staying at the Quality Inn in Palm Springs, for about $112/night. 4 nights plus the taxes adds up to about $550. It also has a fridge, and microwave on request. Looks like most of the cheap and good rooms got snatched up shortly after the announcement of the dates in November. The day of the announcement, there were plenty of rooms, but within 24 hours not much was left. I was too slow! I checked travelocity.com, expedia.com, cheaptickets.com, hotels.com, among others. Good luck!