Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADVICE! Tickets from craigslist

Default ADVICE! Tickets from craigslist

I found tics in CL and the seller told me that when we meet, he will change the delivery address to mine for the wristbands. Is this legit (well, legit for CL), and has anyone heard of doing this? Thanks in advance!

Peace

Default Re: ADVICE! Tickets from craigslist

Yes, you can do that. Just make sure you place the outgoing call to FrontGate. And take note of all information needed to bring up the account and make the change so that they don't call after you part ways and change the delivery address.

FINAL date for changing address for W1 is Feb 19th and for W2 I think it was Feb 26th as emailed by FrontGate tickets this morning.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Wonderbot...

You. Are awesome

I'm selling tickets for my friend so I've got all the details in my head at the moment :P

Good luck!

Dear Coachella 2014 Weekend 1 Customer,

As you know, the festival date is fast approaching and fulfillment will begin soon! The deadline date to make any shipping address changes to your Coachella order is February 19th, 2014 . In order to update your shipping address, please visit the Coachella Weekend 1 sign in page. Or, merely hold on tight for your package to arrive if your shipping address has not changed; no further action is required from you!

You will log in to your account, and select 'Order History' on the left hand side of the page. Find the order you'd like to update, and click on 'Order Details'. Then select 'Edit your shipping address' at the bottom of the page. Once you update your shipping address, the changes will only take place after you hit save. You can then send a copy of a new receipt to yourself for your records by clicking on 'Email me a copy.' We cannot update names on any orders.

If you did NOT log in to your Coachella account to purchase tickets, please visit the Coachella Weekend 1 sign in page and enter your email address used on the order, 8-digit Order ID, and the last four digits of the credit card used to purchase under 'Look Up Order.' You will then be presented with your order summary and the option to change your shipping address.

Please note: If any Canada/Mexico or International orders require a shipping address change, you must visit http://support.frontgatetickets.com or call 888.512.SHOW (7469) for further assistance. A shipping fee may be associated depending on modifications.

Sincerely,
    Coachella I Front Gate Tickets

And I double checked, W2 is Feb 26th final date to change delivery address.

Again...Thank you VERY much! I'm actually going to print this out to take w me... He seems like a pretty legit guy, but unfortunately I've seen too many people get burned. Once I get them, we'll be looking for camp spots to combine if you or anyone we know want to join in. We have one truck and can take a couple people as well.

I'm going W2 and have all my stuff sorted out since pre-sale

But thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Yes, you can do that. Just make sure you place the outgoing call to FrontGate. And take note of all information needed to bring up the account and make the change so that they don't call after you part ways and change the delivery address.

FINAL date for changing address for W1 is Feb 19th and for W2 I think it was Feb 26th as emailed by FrontGate tickets this morning.
    Unless the guy hands over his entire Frontgate account and let's the OP change his password, etc., what is to stop this guy from simply changing the address again after he has cash in pocket? Or after the passes have shipped, what's to stop him from reporting the passes stolen and having them deactivated? The seller holds all of the cards in this scenario. It's his name on the account. If he does decide to rip this guy off will be months before the OP realizes it. This is way too early in the game to be handing anyone cash. Don't do it.

Dammit. Now I'm doubting it...

The past 2 years I've successfully bought wristbands through CL. It is true that the seller can do all of those changes after the exchange. I normally have them sign some kind of contract, request a copy of DL/ID and we meet at a local coffee shop.

Good luck.

8/20 Fucked Up - The Garage
    8/22 NIN - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    8/23-8/24 FYF Fest - Exposition Park
    8/30 Ty Segall - Echo
    9/11 Swans - Roxy
    9/30 King Crimson - Orpheum Theatre
    10/31 QOTSA - Forum
    11/4 United Nations - Los Globos

If you dont mind me asking, what does the contract outline? We are meeting at a coffee shop and i WILL get a pic of his ID. Also, once I receive the passes, Is it possible to register under my name to prevent him from reporting them stolen?
    Last edited by SuitedStranger; 02-13-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Bobert is being too negative.

But to answer the other question, I sold my W1 pass and the guy had me sign a contract he found on FastDue.com

If you want to buy into Bobert paranoia, you can wait until bands are shipped. And then you can hope that the seller didn't counterfeit them. Or didn't report them stolen already and you're buying deactivated bands and the seller will just pick his new bands up at will-call.

You guys have been awesome thanks! Im going to go with the plan of ID/contract/login for verification. We've been going for 8 years and this is the first "last minute" purchase for us, I really appreciate the advise. Have a good time guys!

Peace

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Unless the guy hands over his entire Frontgate account and let's the OP change his password, etc., what is to stop this guy from simply changing the address again after he has cash in pocket? Or after the passes have shipped, what's to stop him from reporting the passes stolen and having them deactivated? The seller holds all of the cards in this scenario. It's his name on the account. If he does decide to rip this guy off will be months before the OP realizes it. This is way too early in the game to be handing anyone cash. Don't do it.
    even if he gives up the password he's still in control of the email address associated with the account.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

...if we change the email while we're at it?

I'm not doubting you, just curious.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuitedStranger View Post
    Dammit. Now I'm doubting it...
    most people aren't thieves. yes, do your due diligence and make sure you have your tracks covered, but usually if someone gives your their cell number and is willing to meet you in person they are honest. maybe look them up on facebook to see if they actually are who they say they are.

Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    most people aren't thieves. yes, do your due diligence and make sure you have your tracks covered, but usually if someone gives your their cell number and is willing to meet you in person they are honest. maybe look them up on facebook to see if they actually are who they say they are.
    I added my buyer for W2 and it's obvious my FB is real. Hundreds of friends. Daily posts. My work info is in my about.

So if that makes you feel better, no one should have a problem adding you, I sure didn't mind to ease her mind that I'm a legit seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Bobert is being too negative.
    Sorry to kill the positive vibes but you're giving this guy bad advice. The only tip you offered the OP was that he should be the one to place the call to Frontgate and to "take note of all information needed to bring up the account," even though, as HCB points out, the account is linked to the seller's email address, credit card info, etc. and he could change that any point during the next two months and there's not a thing the buyer could do about it.

If the OP does prepare a contract, make sure you get copy of the guy's current address (the one on his DL will most likely be outdated). I've heard of people asking for a current copy of auto insurance to verify this. The only thing a contract will do is give you some evidence of the transaction in claims court, but this is worthless if you don't know where to deliver a summons. The contract, DL copy, address, etc. is more of a deterrent than anything. Anyone looking to scam will most likely be wary of this, and that what you need to look for. Getting a good read on the seller is THE most important thing and if they're willing to jump through those hoops they're probably legit.

Sorry to kill the positive vibes but you're giving this guy bad advice. The only tip you offered the OP was that he should be the one to place the call to Frontgate and to "take note of all information needed to bring up the account," even though, as HCB points out, the account is linked to the seller's email address, credit card info, etc. and he could change that any point during the next two months and there's not a thing the buyer could do about it.

If the OP does prepare a contract, make sure you get copy of the guy's current address (the one on his DL will most likely be outdated). I've heard of people asking for a current copy of auto insurance to verify this. The only thing a contract will do is give you some evidence of the transaction in claims court, but this is worthless if you don't know where to deliver a summons. The contract, DL copy, address, etc. is more of a deterrent than anything. Anyone looking to scam will most likely be wary of this, and that what you need to look for. Getting a good read on the seller is THE most important thing and if they're willing to jump through those hoops they're probably legit.
    This is true.

8/20 Fucked Up - The Garage
    8/22 NIN - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    8/23-8/24 FYF Fest - Exposition Park
    8/30 Ty Segall - Echo
    9/11 Swans - Roxy
    9/30 King Crimson - Orpheum Theatre
    10/31 QOTSA - Forum
    11/4 United Nations - Los Globos

...if we change the email while we're at it?

I'm not doubting you, just curious.

thanks
    the email is tied to the account. i did something similar to this in 2012, although i took over a payment plan from an established boarder whom i trusted not to fuck me over. she changed the password for me, which was fine because there's no difference in who changes it. the original purchaser will always have the opportunity to change it back.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

I'm not giving him bad advice, you're giving overtly paranoid advice.

Like I said there's nothing stopping a potential scam artist from selling you counterfeit wristbands (we've seen it before) and nothing stopping them from reporting them lost or stolen and handing him deactivated wristbands personally. So you are scaremongering is incomplete, think it through completely or don't give half assed advice.

Bobert,
    Thank you for your advise...I am currently preparing a contract and will be with the seller at the time of information exchange. If he comfortable enough for me to have access to his account, then I hope that will prove his legitimacy. The contract is pretty thorough and you're right, if I notice he is uncomfortable with it, then I will simply leave. It states in the contract that I will need to change the password AND email address. Once again, everyone's advise is GREATLY appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    i came across someone last year who was accidentally sent 4 wristbands when they only ordered two. instead of alerting front gate to the issue he tried to sell the wristbands to some unwitting bastard. when this happens, someone else didn't receive their order at all. understandable when shipping 100,000 orders, however the person who didn't get their package reported to goldenvoice or frontgate or whomever and those passes were deactivated. whoever bought those passes would be unable to enter and have no recourse, outside of a contract, as advised earlier in this thread.

edit - to your point, i don't htink he was a thief, just an idiot who didn't realize what he was doing.
    Last edited by heart cooks brain; 02-13-2014 at 03:56 PM.

Bobert,
    Thank you for your advise...I am currently preparing a contract and will be with the seller at the time of information exchange. If he comfortable enough for me to have access to his account, then I hope that will prove his legitimacy. The contract is pretty thorough and you're right, if I notice he is uncomfortable with it, then I will simply leave. It states in the contract that I will need to change the password AND email address. Once again, everyone's advise is GREATLY appreciated!
    you cannot change the email address on the account. most you can hope for is the original purchaser to forward you emails pertaining to your purchase. it's not paranoia, wonderbot, you fuck. most people don't have exorbitant amounts of cash to spend on a wristband only to be turned away. if this guy wants real advice, it'd be to buy through stubhub or whatever that face value version that was posted here is called. stubhub is still the best way to go, as they will replace a defective wristband. supposedly they put up an office in indio to accomplish this.

Here's another idea that this guy posted in another thread. Placing the money in escrow.

Quote Originally Posted by nouveau.glass View Post
    I'm in the process of selling my two W1 passes and I've proposed using escrow.com to handle the transaction. The buyer's money is held until they receive the tracked-and-signed-for package and they have a pre-set number of days to accept the transaction or return the passes to me at their cost. If they fail to respond in that time period (following the receipt of the passes), the money comes to me anyway. The cost for this service is $35 for the whole transaction. It's not a brick-and-mortar company but it's the same one e-Bay uses for their sales. I can't see any exposure that either buyer or seller would have to fraud. $35 is pretty paltry sum to pay for peace of mind.
    If the amount of money changing hands is significant this sounds like the way to go.

Actually, once the funds are verified in escrow.com, I'll change the mailing address to that of the buyer (which only works up to Feb 19th in the case of W1)... the passes would be mailed to them directly - and of course, there's tracking info on the shipment and they have to sign for it - so there's proof of receipt. Once they have the passes in hand, they have a pre-set number of days (set by me when I set up the escrow) to accept them as real.
    two things to keep in mind if you go that route... this is from a followup post by the same poster.

Look under missed connections.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I've taken over a persons front-gate account. Indecently not on purpose but to change their email address linked to it. Thus, just making them hand over their account entirely.

Make sure you do everything by your hands. (I.e - don't let them rearrange their account or allow them to change the email, etc. etc.) And don't inform the seller ahead of time into great detail about what you need to be done. A simple "un-registered" is what I have said in the past. Only when we meet do I ask for everything to make the sale final. If the seller wants to sell, that's $300+ in their pocket and a ticket in mine. By then, they usually don't care and forfeit everything over.

A contract and what not is something I don't do. My two brothers are lawyers and it would be a complete waste of time, energy, and money to pursue $300+ worth. Unless of course, you are buying several thousands of dollars worth of tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

And I've only purchased a ticket with ticket in hand. Nothing before they are shipped out. Common sense would make me believe that doing any transaction prior to shipping is just one extra hurdle to have to surpass in this whole 3rd party transaction.

EDIT* I suppose this is for people who do not have the luxury of purchasing a ticket in person at any point prior to the festival. That is a huge gamble then.
    Last edited by vogina; 02-13-2014 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.