Thread: I've been the past 7 years w friends, this time I think it's SOLO!

Lurker

Default I've been the past 7 years w friends, this time I think it's SOLO!

The shitty part is I'm the only one who has the enthusiasm to believe Coachella is amazing every year no matter what. Its expensive yeah, sure. Its hot, of course. Dirty most the time. Who doesn't love a hundred and eight degree port-a-pody! Every year is so different and that should go without saying, it's like life. You get older and you should, if you know what's good for you, try even harder to get out of your comfort zone, be who you want to be and do what you want to do. When you set foot on the polo grounds you're surrounded by thousands of people just like you, whether it appears that way to you or not. Every one is there to have the best time possible and nothing is more important. I hope if a meteor does come to strike the earth I hope I'm at Coachella and I hope the band plays on. Oh, how sick was Kraftwerk/ Portishead that year!

Lurker

Default Re: I've been the past 7 years w friends, this time I think it's SOLO!

are you still going solo? I like your mentality! I am trying to do that this year for the first time. I'm kinda scared!

Lurker

my first time going, and I'm going solo too- but with one life to live, might as well do it now.

I know what you mean, Im going solo for the first time in years, and its sort of discomforting since im so used to having a partner in crime be next to me enjoying the same music. Ill enjoy the music for sure, but the part of being with someone and expressing to them how great it sounds, then years later talk about it, that is what i'll miss. That time capsule of a memory will only be felt by me only, unless of course I meet someone who was at the same set.

solo is the shit. since they started doing double weekends i've been doing one weekend solo and one with friends. i love being with my friends but solo is just soooo much easier and i'm starting to prefer it. bounce between stages as much or as little as you like, don't have to worry about synchronizing meals or bladders or planning on where to meet and when.

while it's true you do miss out on some of the things you get from having a shared experience, going solo is it's own unique experience and if you do it right it can be just as rewarding.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

I went solo for my 6th coachella and it was a different experience. Still fun but I prefer going with others. I would rather go alone than miss it, for sure.

Lurker

Preach! This is my philosophy. It's just the best thing in the world, buy tickets during presale and just go. It's always good.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoThumbs View Post
    The shitty part is I'm the only one who has the enthusiasm to believe Coachella is amazing every year no matter what. Its expensive yeah, sure. Its hot, of course. Dirty most the time. Who doesn't love a hundred and eight degree port-a-pody! Every year is so different and that should go without saying, it's like life. You get older and you should, if you know what's good for you, try even harder to get out of your comfort zone, be who you want to be and do what you want to do. When you set foot on the polo grounds you're surrounded by thousands of people just like you, whether it appears that way to you or not. Every one is there to have the best time possible and nothing is more important. I hope if a meteor does come to strike the earth I hope I'm at Coachella and I hope the band plays on. Oh, how sick was Kraftwerk/ Portishead that year!