Thread: Yes, I'm riding my fixed gear from a place called Oceanside to Coachella '14, No Joke

Lurker
    The northern end of, a not so great city, San Diego.

Default Yes, I'm riding my fixed gear from a place called Oceanside to Coachella '14, No Joke

I'm going to ride out there wrist band on, and hopefully when I get there with a sign on my chest that states I just rode my bike over a hundred miles because I will not miss a year I'm hoping some kind soul will let me roll out my sleeping bag for the weekend and camp with some new Coachella companions!

Default Re: Yes, I'm riding my fixed gear from a place called Oceanside to Coachella '14, No

The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

Default Re: Yes, I'm riding my fixed gear from a place called Oceanside to Coachella '14, No

Quote Originally Posted by Twattycakes View Post
    hah
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

A hundred miles? That's all?

THIS BAR IS OVER
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

What a horrible idea. You'll be tired, chafed, and sunburned before the weekend even starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    if he is scared of your noodle you may not get in with it.

100 miles isn't that bad. You could probably do it in a day if you are a good rider. Make sure you bring spare parts and stuff. Good luck, and I'm sure people will gladly let you camp with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i knew a guy who used to ride his bike from just south of Detroit to ABonnaroo every year.

He used a 12-speed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I'd gladly let you camp if it wasn't for your shameful and slanderous badmouthing of San Diego.

Also I'm not camping, so, there's that.

I'll let you stay with me for free if you ride the entire way on a tricycle.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Lurker

OK. I'm going to ride out there myself. Its a little bit farther for me though, about 125 mi. It should be no problem. Just about half of day; 12 hours of riding. So, let's do this! If you a riding a fixie out there so will I. It will be amazing. Coachella is actually worth it and that's what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I'll let you stay with me for free if you ride the entire way on a tricycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoThumbs View Post
    OK. I'm going to ride out there myself. Its a little bit farther for me though, about 125 mi. It should be no problem. Just about half of day; 12 hours of riding. So, let's do this! If you a riding a fixie out there so will I. It will be amazing. Coachella is actually worth it and that's what's up.
    Two Thumbs, I may have found you some free lodging for Coachella...

First, flying food became a trend. Now, the hot new flying creations are flying bicycles. The latest entry in the wheeled-air-machine category comes from British company XploreAir. It's a bicycle, flying machine, and camping tent all built into one device.
    The Paravelo can be taken apart and used as just a bike, or it can docked to its trailer with a flexible wing and biofuel-powered fan. Up in the air, it can go at speeds up to 25 mph for up to 3 hours and reach heights up to 4,000 feet up.
    The bike itself is fairly lightweight, though the trailer with the fan adds quite a bit of size to the whole contraption. It all folds down for storage. XploreAir says the purchase and operating costs of the Paravelo will be similar to having a small family .

XploreAir is currently raising funds on Kickstarter to further develop the project. The biggest problem here is that you can't actually get one of these flying bikes for a pledge.
    The best you can hope for is to plop down $7,800 and get a non-flying replica of the bike, along with the option to buy one of the first five Paravelos to come off the production line. For that price, I would hope for at least a hop, skip, and a jump. The Paravelo won't come cheap, but that's not surprising.

Last edited by gaypalmsprings; 02-12-2014 at 05:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

One of my old managers said he did 90 miles in 3 and half hours so it's do-able.Have fun on Monday, don't get hit by a car and raped.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Perfume Genius @ The Independent 10/21/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14
    The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore 11/20/14
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/14

Last.fm

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

why would you do this on a fixed gear?

Let me clarify. A Barbie tricycle.

Wow, thought you meant Oceanside, Maryland. Was gonna say you'd be crazy to do that one.

You're crazy for that one!
    http://youtu.be/9-nXSql8nZo

Quote Originally Posted by Godisdead View Post
    I'm going to ride out there wrist band on, and hopefully when I get there with a sign on my chest that states I just rode my bike over a hundred miles because I will not miss a year I'm hoping some kind soul will let me roll out my sleeping bag for the weekend and camp with some new Coachella companions!

Every year there is somebody who says they're going to do this. I have yet to see/hear any proof that somebody has actually done it.
    Last edited by algunz; 02-14-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Seems like gears might be useful for this, friend.
    At least in *my* awesome opinion.

Not buying it...
    A fixed gear bike on all the areas you are going to face makes no sense. Add to it the freeway, hills, intense HEAT from Cabazon to Coachella and you have no place to stay (meaning ur gonna stink like rotten garbage and gotta find someone to say 'yea' you can stay here....

U have an uphill climb I'd be amazed if you completed it.
    If you do post Picts on this thread...I'll check em out
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

i ride my gf's beach cruiser across the street to the store and my legs are screaming. even the slightest incline = leg torture

Well, you need to get your fat ass on a bike more often, Youngblood.

I'll keep checking this thread, but I'm still not buying he's going to do it.
    I did some research into California allowing bikes on freeways...and it's not good for him
    Of the more than 4,000 miles of freeways in California, about 1,000 miles are open to bicyclists. These open sections are usually in rural areas where there is no alternate route. California Vehicle Code Section 21960 says Caltrans and local agencies may prohibit bicyclists from traveling on freeways under their jurisdiction and that they must erect signs stating the prohibition. There are no signs permitting bicyclists on freeways. When a bicyclist is legally traveling on a freeway, he/she may be directed off the freeway at the next off-ramp by a sign that says "Bicycles Must Exit." The freeway will be posted at the next on-ramp with a sign that says "Bicycles Prohibited."

Further research -
    many of the people who do ride on the freeways (in California) complain about ton's of broken glass and tires on the side making it very unfriendly for bikers. Expect to replace a bunch of tires.

Another person said that so much of California side areas are filled with rumble markings (to wake sleepy drivers - yea we've all hit em) that it makes riding a bike EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE.

100 miles of riding over glass, broken tires, on a surface that's all washboard all for a guy with no place to stay when he gets out here with no food hoping to bum off the kindness of others....I went from this is unlikely to this is next to impossible ...and flat out stupid to try.

Therefore he's got a TON of riding to do before he can even get to a freeway that'd allow him access.

If he proves me wrong....great. Till then I'm not buying it, but I'll keep checking in.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing