Thread: ZZ Ward

Default ZZ Ward

Has anyone seen her live? I am watching a few live performances on youtube and she seems to sound pretty damn good. I really like this -

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    That was Daft Punk, you stupid retarded mongoloid mother fuckers.
    Win even thanked them again towards the end. Just because you trifling bitches weren't there ...

Default Re: ZZ Ward

Caught her twice last year – at the Crescent Ballroom in Phoenix in September (don’t think it sold out, but there were probably over 400) and then again a month later at Life Is Beautiful in Vegas.

She was better (pretty good, really) in the intimate setting at the Crescent, with a close and enthusiastic crowd – the large main outdoor stage at LIB (early afternoon) seemed to shrink her sound (both times she played with just three guys on bass, guitar, and drums).

I’ve always loved good blues rock, and it’s good to see a kid like her do it fairly well, but to tell you the truth we’ve got a local Phoenix girl (Sara Robinson and the Midnight Special) who performs music in a similar vein (leaning a little more towards country) who is head and shoulders better than ZZ Ward live.

Such are the vagaries of the music business that ZZ Ward is (relatively) successful, while Sara & Co. have to keep their day jobs (and likely always will).

I’ll probably catch some other act at Coachella during ZZ Ward’s set time.

Do you (listen) to ZZ (Ward) out by your (pool) with the big (speakers) (brah?)
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Saw her live last year (I think) in a small venue. She's absolutely great live. Very fun show... her band kills it. A bunch of black session musicians that groove really hard. She makes poppy blues music but she's got a great voice and the songs are stupidly catchy. It will be a fun midday show in a tent that's for sure.

Her album also has two great songs with rappers (Kendrick Lamar and Freddie Gibbs with awesome features) so it would be great to get one of them two show up during her set.

I like her slow, more soulful songs. Some of the upbeat stuff is a little too on the side of poppy, but I figure some of them may translate better live.
    Win even thanked them again towards the end. Just because you trifling bitches weren't there ...

Here's my post from upcoming shows in 2012 when I got back from seeing her show lol. I was stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Holy shit... just saw the best show I've seen at the Soda Bar. ZZ Ward absolutely wrecked the place. Soulful, sexy, all of the above and her band fucking slays, all black session musicians, insane at their instruments. HIGHLY recommended... Her Troubadour show is sold out in LA and she's opening for Gary Clark Jr. at his sold out Troubadour show as well. Girl bout to blow up.

Did I mention she is a dime? Poppy but amazing. The show was half electric half acoustic, had the entire place rocking.

I still say it was the best show I saw at Soda Bar. The entire bar was going crazy and it was completely packed. I knew chella would swoop this girl it was only a matter of time.

Cara wants to mock us, I can feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.