Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: park your car for free

Default park your car for free

We have two car camping spots but only one car. We will require the camping space but you can park in the spot for free. We're planning on getting there early thursday morning. We'd have to enter at the same time so we're looking for someone planning on camping but has an extra car. Hit me up if it sounds like this would work for you. Happy Coachella everyone!

Default Re: park your car for free

Btw: this is for weekend 1

so you want some poor sap to park his car next to yours so you can have extra space?

think logically about what your asking.

good luck finding someone as dense as you to take part in this genrous offer.

I've got a humvee. I will be sleeping in it. Please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by dillycup View Post
    so you want some poor sap to park his car next to yours so you can have extra space?

think logically about what your asking.

good luck finding someone as dense as you to take part in this genrous offer.
    i guess he did.

I can sleep in my friend's camping spot but I have nowhere to park, so yeah, there could be people who could use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

The companion parking pass for camping is $30 and the parking is in a different section than the camping. It seems like someone as dense as I am would want to save $30. Maybe I'm just too dense to realize that people would rather spend money than park for free.

Quote Originally Posted by justrobbie View Post
    The companion parking pass for camping is $30 and the parking is in a different section than the camping. It seems like someone as dense as I am would want to save $30. Maybe I'm just too dense to realize that people would rather spend money than park for free.
    no, you camp with your car. unless you are in tent only.
    its not like these folks will be able to come and go as they please from your open spot.
    they have to show up with you, and once they move their car after its parked, they cant come back to that spot next to you. sorry for saying your dense, cause it seems you found your temporary paking spot holders thus alleviating all signs of density.

first coachella?

^ first time writing the English language?
    11/28 - Dixon - Secret
    12/5 - Gareth Emery - SLS Vegas
    12/6 - Heart - House of Blues, Las Vegas
    12/12 - Cat Stevens - Masonic Center
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

yes

It's my third. Some people camp in friends camping spots but drive in different cars. Last time I went my friends joined on our campsite and had to pay to park their car. Plus, they had to walk an absurd distance with all of their shit. I'm offering a free place to park and their car will be in the camps. Go troll someone else's thread.

P.S. We'd be willing to join camps with a group who has an extra car to maximize space.

This would work out for me. I picked up Companion Parking because I couldnt get another camping spot and I plan on staying with my friends' group of 6 other spots. Itd be nice to be somewhere near them in the campgrounds rather than haul all my stuff over from Companion Parking

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    I've got a humvee. I will be sleeping in it. Please PM me.
    I'm assuming that you're joking about the humvee. Hats off to you sir, and your incredible wit too.

Quote Originally Posted by rambleonfreddy View Post
    This would work out for me. I picked up Companion Parking because I couldnt get another camping spot and I plan on staying with my friends' group of 6 other spots. Itd be nice to be somewhere near them in the campgrounds rather than haul all my stuff over from Companion Parking
    if your friends are going early, we could all go in together so you'll be right next to them.

Yup, we plan on going in early on thursday! We're in LA/OC but i think we'll be meeting somwhere out there (last year we met at the costco not too far from the festival). I'm 100% interested in this though.

I guess once it gets closer we can iron out the details but you can count me in for this.

sounds good. I'll consider the spot yours unless something changes.

cool. PMd you my number. thanks

I dont mean to troll man. It just seems you could have also titled this thread *Help me get more space for myself*

which, more power to you.

It's all good, friend. It's true that this benefits me, but you were spinning it like it would only benefit me. I saw it as a mutually beneficial proposal for the right person. Hopefully it all works out. Happy Coachella!

I say props to you for putting it out there and positioning it as a mutually beneficial offer, regardless of what others had to say. I responded to a post by a guy that was offering two shuttle passes for a car camping pass. I had what he needed, he had what I needed. Even though a bunch of dumb shits responded saying no one was going to take him up on his offer.

I think we are going to need to do a background check on you, Robbie. How do I know you don't want to break into my car?
    fuck.

Is this deal no longer available?

I'm very much interested.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianAniel View Post
    Is this deal no longer available?

I'm very much interested.
    i've got dibs =)

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I think we are going to need to do a background check on you, Robbie. How do I know you don't want to break into my car?
    Fuck off, forever.

Nothing is free. You'll have to arrive at the same time as the OP, since you have to enter together. Your car will not only be vandalized, it may be stolen or used to hide drugs in the tire wheels or under the car. I bet they sit or stand on your car and it gets dents. You have no recourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by justrobbie View Post
    no, you camp with your car. unless you are in tent only.
    its not like these folks will be able to come and go as they please from your open spot.
    they have to show up with you, and once they move their car after its parked, they cant come back to that spot next to you. sorry for saying your dense, cause it seems you found your temporary paking spot holders thus alleviating all signs of density.

first coachella?
    What is your goddamn deal, Dilly? Why are you hassling this guy? He's offering something that literally thousands of campers could probably benefit from. For free. If it weren't for the hassle of coordinating a meet up I'd gladly take him up on it just so I could bring twice as much gear.

Hey bud i'm not hassling anymore.

If i have to explain this again, this obviously benefits the OP more than whoever takes him up on it.

"Park your car next to mine but dont camp here cuz i want to use the space still"

Just funny to me is all, that someone would park their car in car camping and not camp with it. Which as far as i know isnt all that common.

And did you read through the whole thread before you decided to start asking dumbass questions?
    (I hope not)

The deal is still available. Freddy somehow got himself another camping pass. If anyone one is still interested, hit me up. Ideally, this is for someone who is in a group that's already car camping but have an extra car. We all meet up Thursday morning and go in together. This way you're right next to your car and can ensure that I'm not a car sadist or drug smuggler. There will probably even be extra space once we set up our camp that you could use. I just hate having to try and squeeze into one parking spot with four people. Once we're there, i'm not going to draw a line and not let you cross it. We're cool people looking to have a good time who want a little more space than coachella wants to give. Pm me if you're serious.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Just because you can be a real asshole, doesn't mean that everybody can be...

Hey bud i'm not hassling anymore.

If i have to explain this again, this obviously benefits the OP more than whoever takes him up on it.

"Park your car next to mine but dont camp here cuz i want to use the space still"

Just funny to me is all, that someone would park their car in car camping and not camp with it. Which as far as i know isnt all that common.

And did you read through the whole thread before you decided to start asking dumbass questions?
    (I hope not)
    Oh, look, the Asshole has a protege'.... cute.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.