Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Throw something at QOTSA's Josh Homme, get one free A$$ kicking!

Default Re: Throw something at QOTSA's Josh Homme, get one free A$$ kicking!

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    Too funny, I just remembered Axel Rose went off on me at the Horizon Center in Chicago suburbs show of the Use Your Illusion tour...and I hadn't done nothing, I just had the misfortune of having had to come to the show direct from work in a suit, and then had a gaggle of about 20 teenage boys behind me get so high they all went comatose mid-show...I think he looked over, saw me standing in the suit with my arms folded (wasn't bored, a dancer I am not), with all these kids motionless behind me...must of been like that tennis match scene in Strangers On A Train.

Anyways, after getting a weird dirty look as they finished a power ballad...he went on a three minute tirade about suit wearing motherfuckers in the audience judging him et al. Have to admit I found it more funny than intimidating...they way I look at it, if Axel Rose thinks there's something wrong with you, then something must be right.
    THAT WAS FUCKING YOU?!?!?!?!!? HILARIOUS!!!! I have that bootleg vid and was at that show and completely remember it!!!! HAHAHAH. Classic!!!!
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by rafinha View Post
    Justified, but this guy sounds like a total douche! About 1:15 in:
    Maynard James Keenan did it better:

(starts at 2:42)

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

In that video rafinha posted, I don't think Homme sounds like a douche at all. Think of it like a heckler at a comedy show. They are interrupting the experience that the entertainer is trying to provide. I don't see why it's bad to call someone out on that. He could have said something more clever I guess, but I don't think he's a douchebag for that.

Now, if what stinkbutt posted earlier about him doing the same rants multiple days, that's a weird act that I wouldn't buy into. I'm interested to hear more about that and if other people have seen him do that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

I've seen QOTSA 5 times ( TCV as well) and have never experienced Homme being anything but a gentleman to the crowd.

Does he have a coat of arms?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

To be fair Imagine Dragons and the Grammys are shit

Josh Homme doesn't hold back from criticizing people, that is for sure. He also criticized Jay-Z's Made in America festival (and Jay-Z himself) because security asked to frisk him & the band when they arrived. Then I guess Jay-Z came by with a gift -- a bottle of champagne that he is linked to somehow -- and asked the band to take a photo with it, which Homme said rubbed him the wrong way. I think the quote was, "That's not a gift; that's a promotion" or something along those lines. Anyway, I think that's just Homme being Homme.

He used the mic to call out security later during that set as well (around the 35 min mark):

Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Well considering that Trent Reznor basically said "Fuck the Grammys" as well, I don't see how this is suddenly crossing the line. Musicians take shots at each other all the time. Hell, Nas had a song that literally opens with him saying "Fuck Jay-Z" three times in a row. This shit happens.

Guess at the El Paso show last night he ended their closer, song for the dead, about a minute into it. He walks over, pulls the bass cab down, hangs the guitar on his mic stand, walks back and knocks the drum kit over. Not sure what happened, some said technical difficulties, so instead of stopping the show for a fix he just ended it. There is a shitty cell phone vid on youtube, but I don't feel like finding it right now.

Would pay top dollar to see someone actually get up on stage and beat his ass

lolololol ... just when I thought I couldn't love Josh any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Guess at the El Paso show last night he ended their closer, song for the dead, about a minute into it. He walks over, pulls the bass cab down, hangs the guitar on his mic stand, walks back and knocks the drum kit over. Not sure what happened, some said technical difficulties, so instead of stopping the show for a fix he just ended it. There is a shitty cell phone vid on youtube, but I don't feel like finding it right now.
    HAH! That show was awesome. What happened was that he was rocking out good and proper and in a moment of pure rock he kicked at the bass cab, it wobbled back and then fell forward. I don't think he realized it for a few seconds but when he did he kind of just said 'fuckit' and shoved his guitar into the drums. He was smiling ear to ear in a kinda of 'my bad' look. Everyone was going apeshit over it so he started pulling at one of the symbols of the drumkit but then stopped. The only thing that fell over was the basscabs/amps etc.

Bad ass show nonetheless

this guy is billie joe-ing himself into rehab............the good news is...his music is already there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    CAGEFIGHT!!!!!!!
    motherfuckers to the death.

Until Josh Homme publicly apologizes to Viacom via a Rolling Stone cover story, let's lay off the Billy Joe Armstrong comparisons.

There is a couple that we have known for a few years, since our kids stated school together. Had them over for my wife's birthday party and they saw my queens posters and the pic I have of Josh and I. Turns out the husband went to high school with Josh, and he and his wife attended many of the infamous generator parties, kyuss shows, etc. Josh's dad was also the guy's mentor when he was getting into the construction field. Cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    Until Josh Homme publicly apologizes to Viacom via a Rolling Stone cover story, let's lay off the Billy Joe Armstrong comparisons.

Just in case you missed it......

Shit never gets old.

I personally prefer the Morrissey approach, so classy

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Snail View Post
    Maynard James Keenan did it better:

(starts at 2:42)
    MJK is a Brazilian Jui Jitsu Mother Fucker! Their Head of Security for Touring is BMF too!

Morrissey is no stranger to leaving the stage in a hissy fit, and generally acting like a cry baby. Anybody that loves the Smiths or Morrissey pretty much knows to expect this bitchy behavior whenever he plays. It's funny as hell to me, especially the "I hope to God it's human" quote years back at Coachella.

I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.