Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Throw something at QOTSA's Josh Homme, get one free A$$ kicking!

Default Re: Throw something at QOTSA's Josh Homme, get one free A$$ kicking!

An open letter from Josh Homme from Jun. 2008

"Member of the Peanut Gallery:Some journalists & citizens on the internet & are wondering: Q? Am I a homophobe because I included a slang for gay in with other “acceptable” curse words during a verbal lashing I gave a young concertgoer, after being hit by his shoe, during a show the other day? A= Nope. My gay family & friends, as well as myself, KNOW I am not a homophobe. For years now I’ve known gay is not a choice; one’s skin color doesn’t determine one’s intelligence level; & red hair doesn’t mean you’re someone’s stepchild. You see, it’s not the words, it’s their intent. I never said, nor suggested, that being gay is wrong, but apparently, based on your outrage to my flu-infused rant, you do! By that logic… I also told that young whipper snapper I’d have anal sex with him… how can I possibly reconcile these opposing viewpoints? I called him a pussy too. Does it mean I hate our one worlds’ collective vagina? I never have been nor intend to be politically correct. That’s your cross to bear. To me, that PC world would suck more shit than the porta-potty truck at Glastonbury. Homophobic? I’m in Queens of the Stone Age for crissake… You say, “So. Your band name doesn’t prove anything.” Maybe not. But it’s a helluv a lot more definitive than the logic of some watchdog… (sorry canine-American, canine-European, canine-African, canine-Australian & canine-Asian) moralist, keeping score from pure perfectionville? If your glass house is squeegeed that clean & you need to do something, do what the great philosopher Bill Hick’s once suggested: – forgive me-. Or don’t. I’m not asking for either, OK? I think you should let both of your cheeks go loose so the stick will drop out. Either way I expect that you’ll soon find another injustice from your chair, then roll to your bullhorn & point it out to the rest of us… Because you’re so above it all. Or If you’ll allow me to translate a wish of mine into your PC lingo:
    Will you please go have, consensual, sex with yourself.
    Pretty please with all natural, carbon offset sugar on top.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Missundastood
    A.K.A. Joshua, Baby Duck, Jho
    Head Choreographer & Do Stuff Corporation’s pansexual spokes-thing"
    They're all gonna laugh at you

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Has anyone really ever cared what any musician has to say about anything?
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    How do I look, tantan?
    beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    What do you think of Kanye?
    Don't mind most of what he says, but his arrogance and god complex is completely off putting.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    There is only 1 out of 6 Josh Homme shows I have seen where he didn't do a rant like this. Most of it was recycled material and once was the exact same rant as the night before. Mind you none of my 3 friends or I saw anything thrown at any of these shows. This shit is rehearsed, and in my experience an act.
    Rehearsed? Maybe. Recycled? Likely. Entertaining as fuck? Most definitely! If he doesn't do a rant I will be very disappointed. This will be the first time I see QOTSA. I'm jealous you have seen them so many times.
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Rants are fucking stupid. No one to see a band talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Usually, yes. In this case, no.
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

There are more than a few artists that lose it and go off on someone in the crowd. Pick any rock n roll band and you can probably find at least one incident. I found the below in about 2 minutes. Even if you don't like the bands, it's still funny stuff.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kellybuck99 View Post
    Rehearsed? Maybe. Recycled? Likely. Entertaining as fuck? Most definitely! If he doesn't do a rant I will be very disappointed. This will be the first time I see QOTSA. I'm jealous you have seen them so many times.
    He doesn't rant anymore. I've seen him 4 times on this last tour and he keeps the crowd talk to a minimum.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Yeah, more rock less talk. They are so tight right now it's just lights down and power through straight to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Yeah, more rock less talk. They are so tight right now it's just lights down and power through straight to the end.
    Dammit! Still psyched to see the show though...

faggy fish stick throw time. Third song.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Papi Piratón!

Possibly the least creative use of gay slurs ever as well. And why is he threatening to fuck so many butts.

i found thelastgreatman's okcupid account

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

And he porked Tim Armstrong's wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Why do people like this group...?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Because they don't know what else to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    And he porked Tim Armstrong's wife.
    Nice.
    '09, '12, '13

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    context sensitive. if they have an interesting/funny point or anecdote i have no problem listening. if half of the set is just talking about stupid shit that nobody cares about like Kanye does, then that is a little different
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    context sensitive. if they have an interesting/funny point or anecdote i have no problem listening. if half of the set is just talking about stupid shit that nobody cares about like Kanye does, then that is a little different
    if by half the set you mean 20 minutes of a 2 1/2 hour set, then yea he did that on one tour.

There are more than a few artists that lose it and go off on someone in the crowd. Pick any rock n roll band and you can probably find at least one incident. I found the below in about 2 minutes. Even if you don't like the bands, it's still funny stuff.

Too funny, I just remembered Axel Rose went off on me at the Horizon Center in Chicago suburbs show of the Use Your Illusion tour...and I hadn't done nothing, I just had the misfortune of having had to come to the show direct from work in a suit, and then had a gaggle of about 20 teenage boys behind me get so high they all went comatose mid-show...I think he looked over, saw me standing in the suit with my arms folded (wasn't bored, a dancer I am not), with all these kids motionless behind me...must of been like that tennis match scene in Strangers On A Train.

Anyways, after getting a weird dirty look as they finished a power ballad...he went on a three minute tirade about suit wearing motherfuckers in the audience judging him et al. Have to admit I found it more funny than intimidating...they way I look at it, if Axel Rose thinks there's something wrong with you, then something must be right.
    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee

Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen

Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood

Nice Hitchcock allusion.

I saw kim deal get hit with a water bottle during cannonball their first song of the set, then walked off immediately. definitely sucked worse than anything.

I was at a Guns N Roses show in 1988 or 1989 right after Appetite came out and Axl threw a tantrum and stomped off stage towards the end of their performance because he hit his lip on the microphone. So the band finished the song and was like..."ok, I guess we're done."

He ended the show because he hit his own lip.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

When I saw Hole in '99, Ms Love threw a tantrum because of the weather, showed her tit, and ended the set after 5 or 6 songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

No, rehearsed rants are terrible.

I prefer sincere sulking.

The great thing about this thread is that it proves that the lead singer of Crowded House is less of a pussy and more professional than all these douchebags. He got smacked in the head with a bottle and just kept on singing.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Justified, but this guy sounds like a total douche! About 1:15 in: