Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 520

Thread: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

  1. #61
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,283

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sexualamandakiss View Post
    Caravan Palace is scheduled to play at 7p on Bandsintown but does anyone know how reliable it is?

    https://apps.facebook.com/concertsby...om=74&tab=true
    Not very

    That said, 7:00 in the Gobi would be a perfect set time for them
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  2. #62
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    I think HAIM is going to get closer to a sunset slot (or maybe just switch them with the Afghan Whigs, but I think the Afghan Whigs will play a little earlier in the day, like 3 or 4). I think Chromeo is going to get a later set as well (maybe where Girl Talk is slated). I also think that Ellie Goulding > Broken Bells > AFI is weird but not sure how to change it. Are you all convinced Girl Talk is going to be on the main stage? I really have no clue as to his appeal, but I would hope he would just end up being a Sahara act or closing the outdoor?

    EDIT: Mark told me that the last time Girl Talk played he had a huge crowd and it was Outdoor. I really don't remember that at all.
    Last edited by casey; 02-12-2014 at 08:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  3. #63
    Member imademilwaukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    echo park
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sexualamandakiss View Post
    Caravan Palace is scheduled to play at 7p on Bandsintown but does anyone know how reliable it is?

    https://apps.facebook.com/concertsby...om=74&tab=true
    out of curiosity i looked up a lot of coachella bands and many are scheduled at 7pm, but oddly Outkast is scheduled at 11:59, MGMT at 11:00pm, Syd Arther 11:00am..
    Last edited by imademilwaukee; 02-11-2014 at 07:44 PM.

  4. #64
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,283

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    out of curiosity i looked up a lot of coachella bands and many are scheduled at 7pm, but oddly Outkast is scheduled at 11:59, MGMT at 11:00pm, Syd Arther 11:00am..
    I reeeeally hope Syd Arthur doesn't play so early. Find of the year for me. But considering how low they are on the poster it's not out of the question they would play that early
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  5. #65
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Oh, I think Crosses is way too early on these set times too. I think the fact that it's a Chino Moreno project puts them at least at 4pm. Maybe not, but I definitely don't think they are playing a noon slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  6. #66
    Member patsfan5454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,550

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    I agree Casey on chromeo, I just don't see them playing anytime during the day, 6pm is too early, and what is our reasoning behind girl talk on the main at that time, seems odd, I would have girl talk close the outdoor, move chromeo in his spot and push afi to the Mojave, I don't think they are as popular as they used to be, lots of high tier acts end up in the Mojave...how to destroy angels, new order, franz etc, thoughts?

  7. #67

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by patsfan5454 View Post
    I agree Casey on chromeo, I just don't see them playing anytime during the day, 6pm is too early, and what is our reasoning behind girl talk on the main at that time, seems odd, I would have girl talk close the outdoor, move chromeo in his spot and push afi to the Mojave, I don't think they are as popular as they used to be, lots of high tier acts end up in the Mojave...how to destroy angels, new order, franz etc, thoughts?
    doubtful that there will be a girl talk outkast conflict

  8. #68
    Member patsfan5454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,550

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by acasey0 View Post
    doubtful that there will be a girl talk outkast conflict
    Well if he was where afi is now they wouldn't conflict at all 1030-1130, outkast starts at 1130 on the current predictions.

  9. #69
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Yeah maybe Broken Bells doesn't belong on the Outdoor. Or maybe they do but earlier? Ellie Goulding > Girl Talk seems like a better transition than Ellie > BB > AFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  10. #70
    Member imademilwaukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    echo park
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    the problems is girl talk is top row on the bill so we assume he'll be on the coachella stage. he has no business there.

  11. #71
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    the problems is girl talk is top row on the bill so we assume he'll be on the coachella stage. he has no business there.
    This is simply not true. Zedd is also in the same row on the bill so...? Also, if all the acts on that line played the main stage that would basically be the whole day of sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  12. #72

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by patsfan5454 View Post
    Well if he was where afi is now they wouldn't conflict at all 1030-1130, outkast starts at 1130 on the current predictions.
    sorry i tried to delete my comment right after i understood what you said like 5 secs after i posted it i guess it didnt delete anyways it could go ellie > girl talk > broken bells

  13. #73
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by acasey0 View Post
    doubtful that there will be a girl talk outkast conflict
    Why? Just curious. I don't know much about Girl Talk besides that he plays mashups. I saw like 1 full minute of his set at Sasquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  14. #74
    Member imademilwaukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    echo park
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    This is simply not true. Zedd is also in the same row on the bill so...? Also, if all the acts on that line played the main stage that would basically be the whole day of sets.
    i meat girl talk has no business on the coachella stage. i think it would be a disservice to have a mash-up dj on the main stage of coachella. i think girl talk is a fun act to watch, just not then and there.

  15. #75
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    i meat girl talk has no business on the coachella stage. i think it would be a disservice to have a mash-up dj on the main stage of coachella. i think girl talk is a fun act to watch, just not then and there.
    I know what you meant by that part. I was addressing the part when you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    the problems is girl talk is top row on the bill so we assume he'll be on the coachella stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  16. #76

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Why? Just curious. I don't know much about Girl Talk besides that he plays mashups. I saw like 1 full minute of his set at Sasquatch.
    probably (excluding the sahara) the two biggest "party vibe" acts. Just an initial instinct.


    could we consider AFI on the main?

  17. #77

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    perhaps switch chromeo with neko case and afi with girl talk?

  18. #78
    Member imademilwaukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    echo park
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    I know what you meant by that part. I was addressing the part when you said:
    Ahh.. I too am wondering why the clashfinder has him there. I assumed because he's billed so high people are predicting him to be on the main..

  19. #79
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by acasey0 View Post
    probably (excluding the sahara) the two biggest "party vibe" acts. Just an initial instinct.


    could we consider AFI on the main?
    If AFI plays the main, I think it will be early. I get what you mean about "party vibe" acts, but they are different styles of that kind of act and is Outkast only going to play their "party" songs? Someone has to go against the headliner. Granted, I'm not sure that it will be Girl Talk but just not sure we can rule it out either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  20. #80

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    If AFI plays the main, I think it will be early. I get what you mean about "party vibe" acts, but they are different styles of that kind of act and is Outkast only going to play their "party" songs? Someone has to go against the headliner. Granted, I'm not sure that it will be Girl Talk but just not sure we can rule it out either.
    yes i agree, I think closing the outdoor makes sense but in the AFI spot. I'd be surprised if they went against outkast but thats just my personal opinion

  21. #81
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    Ahh.. I too am wondering why the clashfinder has him there. I assumed because he's billed so high people are predicting him to be on the main..
    I think that people may believe he will play on the main because he played the Outdoor late the last time he played and it was packed. I just looked it up, he played 8:25 - 9:15 then. I think he could close the Outdoor this time. And the clashfinder is just made and maintained by boardies so it's not like it just magically placed him there. It was a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  22. #82
    Member imademilwaukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    echo park
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    I think that people may believe he will play on the main because he played the Outdoor late the last time he played and it was packed. I just looked it up, he played 8:25 - 9:15 then. I think he could close the Outdoor this time. And the clashfinder is just made and maintained by boardies so it's not like it just magically placed him there. It was a guess.
    gotcha. i agree, closing the outdoor immediately after outkast finished would make the most sense for him.

  23. #83

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    gotcha. i agree, closing the outdoor immediately after outkast finished would make the most sense for him.
    well no outkast will go to the end

  24. #84
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,283

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    About this whole Girl Talk on the Outdoor/Main speculation.....

    Why again can't he play the Sahara?
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  25. #85
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    10,061

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    anyone can play anywhere. let's give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  26. #86
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    About this whole Girl Talk on the Outdoor/Main speculation.....

    Why again can't he play the Sahara?
    He can technically play wherever. I think the logic was that Girl Talk played on the Outdoor late a couple years ago and I guess it was packed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  27. #87
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,283

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    He can technically play wherever. I think the logic was that Girl Talk played on the Outdoor late a couple years ago and I guess it was packed.
    The Sahara is massive now. His crowd could definitely fit in the Sahara
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  28. #88
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,853

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Re: Chromeo

    Remember when everyone said there's no way Passion Pit would play the main at 6 because it was too early? Just sayin.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

  29. #89
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    10,061

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    if only they'd been in the sahara...
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  30. #90

    Default Re: FRIDAY- 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread

    Alright heres my two cents that no one has to pay attention to:
    1. Switch Flabush zombies and anti-flag. The middling punk band that everyone used to like and will nostalgic over seems to always be an early hot mosh pit on the main, and there is no way flatbush zombies is on the main.
    2. The main will most likely i think go zz>antiflag>bastille>AFI>Broken Belles>Chromeo>MATS>Knife>outkast.
    3. Girl talk will go in the sahara where garrix is and garix will take glitchmob's place. Girl talk will be in the sahara, I dont care if he played outdoor before he caters to that crowd.
    4. Glitch Mob will go on the outdoor where broken belles was in the vain of pretty lights from last year. Also I am pretty sure glitch mob has live elements that go into their show, and history shows if you use live elements in your set and not just a laptop then you will not be in the sahara.
    5. But I have no clue who plays against the knife on the outdoor then.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread??
    By billypilgrimisunstuck in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 597
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 12:07 AM
  2. My I-told-you-so 2010 prediction thread
    By seamus james in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 12:45 PM
  3. The Official Set Time Prediction Thread...FRI
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 07:11 AM
  4. The Official 2009 Sahara Tent Prediction Thread
    By betao in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 1632
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
  5. Official Coachella 2008 Sahara Tent prediction thread
    By malcolmjamalawesome in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 648
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 05:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •