Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Heineken?

Default Re: Why Heineken?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertGoulet View Post
    Yes, Newcastle is the way to go. I actually enjoy the beer garden in between the main and outdoor quite a bit - I feel like you can get a relatively good view of the outdoor stage if you sit by the fence, it's not usually very crowded and they have a porto-potty lot inside the beer garden.
    Exactly. If it isn't already, this plan should be listed in Tips and Tricks.
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

Yes, tell everyone where it isn't crowded so they all know where to go and make it so.

My tip? Don't sit along the fence, it's the first place people go to piss or puke at night.

Quote Originally Posted by davers View Post
    Do people really buy that much beer inside the festival? Paying high prices for beer is somewhat acceptable at festivals where you can bring your drink anywhere, but I'm not paying $9 a beer to be stuck in a small place far away from the stages.

Last year I didn't buy a single beer inside the festival but still managed to have a buzz for most of the festival.
    Yes. Yes they do. That thing is packed a lot of the time. If you're thinking $7 to $9 a beer, plus whatever else alcohol they sell (if they do, not sure) then I wouldn't be surprised if they made a million or more each weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bmanuga View Post
    I assume that one can only consume beer in the beer gardens within the festival?
    Yes. don't blame GV. it's a California thing or something. but it's a good reason to move the festival out of that shithole that is indio. Not that it will matter to the tweeners

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr...xpand-20130403

An excerpt.....
    Any uncertainty over the long-term home for Goldenvoice's Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival and its country cousin Stagecoach has come to an end. Indio on Wednesday granted approval of Goldenvoice's proposal to stage and expand its festival offerings in the desert city, clearing the way for an agreement that will keep Coachella and Stagecoach in Indio through at least 2030.
    Indio is in it for the long haul!
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Yes. don't blame GV. it's a California thing or something. but it's a good reason to move the festival out of that shithole that is indio. Not that it will matter to the tweeners
    You can go anywhere with a beer at Stagecoach, I believe. And Outside Lands

Do they do wristbands @ Stagecoach?

Is that the reason for the beer in beer gardens only? B/c the festival is 18+ and not 21+?

Festival is all ages , beer garden just seems to control the crowd / less drinking in the desert.Stagecoach is a smaller crowd
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Festival is all ages , beer garden just seems to control the crowd / less drinking in the desert.Stagecoach is a smaller crowd
    good point. If I actually have to put effort into going to get a beer and risk missing some music, I will certainly drink less.

I'm used to drinking in humidity. This will be an interesting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by PutMeInCoachella View Post
    I learned a couple things from this article:
    http://www.rsvlts.com/2013/04/17/hei...ella-festival/

1) The Dome has Wi-Fi
    2) Heineken offers a cold storage option where you bring your beers and they keep them cold. Has anyone here used this option before? Does it mean that you can drop in the dome at any time and grab one of your own beers, kept at perfect temp, for free? (yeah, I realize it has to be Heineken)
    I love having the Beer Bank option. The people working there were chill last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Try reaching out to your cousin yet?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coachella 2012 - Weekend 2
    Coachella 2013 - Weekend 2
    Coachella 2014 - Weekend 1

I bring my own booze in every year. Amateurs.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Nah, you can drink beer everywhere at Outside Lands. Might be a county/Indio arrangement with the ABC.

11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore
    11/21: DJ Harvey @ PW
    11/24: mr. Gnome @ Bottom of the Hill
    11/25: DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist @ Fox Theater Oakland
    11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/4: Avi Buffalo @ Brick and Mortar
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/11: tUnE-yArDs, Cibo Matto @ Fox Theater Oakland
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

Just wondering, but is Indio considered a shitty place to host the festival? While I hate the drive there, I think it's a great place to hold it. What are the criticisms of it?

Quote Originally Posted by missedout View Post
    Yes. Yes they do. That thing is packed a lot of the time. If you're thinking $7 to $9 a beer, plus whatever else alcohol they sell (if they do, not sure) then I wouldn't be surprised if they made a million or more each weekend.
    That's insane, just put a camel back up your butt with a pinhole leak. You'll stay drunk all day and not miss any shows.

Man, it's crazy that people are willing to miss shows just to get drunk. Morons.

That's insane, just put a camel back up your butt with a pinhole leak. You'll stay drunk all day and not miss any shows.

Man, it's crazy that people are willing to miss shows just to get drunk. Morons.
    What makes you think that their priority is drinking and not the festival?

Do people really buy that much beer inside the festival? Paying high prices for beer is somewhat acceptable at festivals where you can bring your drink anywhere, but I'm not paying $9 a beer to be stuck in a small place far away from the stages.

Last year I didn't buy a single beer inside the festival but still managed to have a buzz for most of the festival.
    Do people really think they can tell me what to do, and not do. with my money? Moran.

I'm just saying, Camelback + pinhole + butthole = all day drunk for cheap.

You don't tell me what to do with my butthole (which you never did) and I won't tell you to do with your money (which I never did).

Heineken makes one fucking beer.
    Not true.

Festival is all ages , beer garden just seems to control the crowd / less drinking in the desert.Stagecoach is a smaller crowd, plus porto-potty rapes.
    *fixed*
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

The reasoning behind Beer garden locked in for Coachella vs Open for stagecoach makes no sense to me

I've been to both festivals and age range varies for both.

Only thing I can come up with is you can't cage the hicks and expect peace...
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Curious as to which craft beers will be offered: http://www.coachella.com/featured-for-2014/

THE TERRACE

The newly expanded Terrace will cater to festival goers who share a passion for healthy, local and sustainable ingredients. Look for top chefs and restaurants from across Los Angeles and the Coachella Valley serving hand-crafted dishes along side the region’s top artisanal vendors offering a delectable array of hand-made edible treats, with a curated selection of craft beers on tap and a Stumptown coffee bar. Stay tuned for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by rafinha View Post
    Curious as to which craft beers will be offered: http://www.coachella.com/featured-for-2014/

THE TERRACE

The newly expanded Terrace will cater to festival goers who share a passion for healthy, local and sustainable ingredients. Look for top chefs and restaurants from across Los Angeles and the Coachella Valley serving hand-crafted dishes along side the region’s top artisanal vendors offering a delectable array of hand-made edible treats, with a curated selection of craft beers on tap and a Stumptown coffee bar. Stay tuned for more details.
    So, $15 for a a Stone IPA sound about right?

Most likely. Looks like I'll be doing most of my drinking in the campgrounds again.

I felt that OSL had decent prices for their craft brews. Would be nice if Coachella did the same.

This must mean that the expansion in the terrace involves a beer garden, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    This must mean that the expansion in the terrace involves a beer garden, right?
    Yes. Potentially connected to the Yuma perhaps?

somebody's heine is crowding my icebox

Hmmm, beer in the yuma, wouldn't that be nice. Now if their were some restrooms, some people would never need to leave.

There will be restrooms in the Yuma this year.

What crafts come in cans over there? I'll be needing some.