Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Heineken?

Default Why Heineken?

Seriously, WHY?

Default Re: Why Heineken?

Because Heineken has money to spend

Would love to see Stone, Sierra Nevada, Lagunitas, etc. on the polo fields one day but it's probably never going to happen

OP question is so stupid I can't even begin to fathom it. Why is there being rather than just nothingness? Seriously, WHY?

I learned a couple things from this article:
    http://www.rsvlts.com/2013/04/17/hei...ella-festival/

1) The Dome has Wi-Fi
    2) Heineken offers a cold storage option where you bring your beers and they keep them cold. Has anyone here used this option before? Does it mean that you can drop in the dome at any time and grab one of your own beers, kept at perfect temp, for free? (yeah, I realize it has to be Heineken)
    2012 W1 / 2013 W1 / 2014 W1

Quote Originally Posted by PutMeInCoachella View Post
    2) Heineken offers a cold storage option where you bring your beers and they keep them cold. Has anyone here used this option before? Does it mean that you can drop in the dome at any time and grab one of your own beers, kept at perfect temp, for free? (yeah, I realize it has to be Heineken)
    I believe that's just the campgrounds. Would be great if it was inside but they aren't going to lose out on the chance to charge you $7/$9 for beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldchella View Post
    I believe that's just the campgrounds. Would be great if it was inside but they aren't going to lose out on the chance to charge you $7/$9 for beer.
    Didn't consider that. Makes tons of sense though, thanks.
    2012 W1 / 2013 W1 / 2014 W1

Wait, so is Heineken the only beer for sale in the festival?

Newcastle too.

That's disappointing. We are coming out from ATL. Was hoping that some of the great West coast beers we can't get out here would be there.

well hopefully you'll have a good time anyway.

Its kind of rediculous Coachella doesn't offer more beers and get with the program. Lollapalooza is sponsered by budweiser, but goes out of its way to offer other craft beers at differen't locations around the fest. Its awesome. I have no idea how the contracts are set up, but they aren't being budweiser lil bitch.

Are you just a poor typist, or are you seriously illiterate?

Camp and bring your own beer. Problem solved.
    fuck.

If this is directed at me. Both. I'm very sorry and I'll make sure next I proof read all my post.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Derrrrr...They made a deal with them at the beginning...now they are locked in

No one and I mean no one likes to drink it...but bad beer is better than no beer.

If you've been to the fest...I can't imagine how much money they pull in per day on beer sales alone...it's got to be well over $200,000.

We drop damn near $100 a day on beer.
    Last edited by baily; 01-23-2014 at 09:31 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

There are many beers worse than Heineken. There are many beers better than Heineken.

The glass is either half-full or half-empty, but it's the only glass you've got.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The glass is either half-full or half-empty, but it's the only glass you've got.
    Poetic.
    fuck.

Damn, I used to love Heineken when I was a lad. Now it's so foul

if it smells like a skunk pissed in it...that's Heineken
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by iamjoe View Post
    Seriously, WHY?

Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Derrrrr...They made a deal with them at the beginning...now they are locked in

No one and I mean no one likes to drink it...but bad beer is better than no beer.

If you've been to the fest...I can't imagine how much money they pull in per day on beer sales alone...it's got to be well over $200,000.

We drop damn near $100 a day on beer.
    I'd guess closer to a million a day.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Do people really buy that much beer inside the festival? Paying high prices for beer is somewhat acceptable at festivals where you can bring your drink anywhere, but I'm not paying $9 a beer to be stuck in a small place far away from the stages.

Last year I didn't buy a single beer inside the festival but still managed to have a buzz for most of the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by davers View Post
    Do people really buy that much beer inside the festival? Paying high prices for beer is somewhat acceptable at festivals where you can bring your drink anywhere, but I'm not paying $9 a beer to be stuck in a small place far away from the stages.

Last year I didn't buy a single beer inside the festival but still managed to have a buzz for most of the festival.

I usually just get mixed drinks..I believe it's only a dollar or two more than a beer.

Here is an article about this topic.-----http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2013-...new-heights/2/>

An excerpt.....Sponsorship is the key to any festival, even if the festival tries to keep things low-key — as Goldenvoice does at Coachella, more than its sister country-themed fest, Stagecoach, in late April. It can be the difference between losing and making money, especially in the beginning, and it helps salve the wounds when the weather turns foul. (Rain is an outdoor festival promoter's greatest enemy and biggest wild card.)

Lollapalooza founder Perry Farrell tried for a while to keep corporations at bay but found sponsorships the only acceptable way to keep ticket prices down. From 2003 to 2010, music sponsorship of concerts and multi-day festivals doubled from $574 million annually to $1.17 billion, with much of that increase coming from festivals.

I'm not a big fan of Heineken personally, but as Baily said, bad beer is better than no beer, and ticket prices are kept down thanks to this sponsorship.
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

Well said KellyBuck99

The best example I ever heard was from the owner of the Lakers. He had fans mad at him for changing the name of the building they played in to a sponsored name. He stated, "A fan came up to me and said he was mad about the change and that he was against it. I said, "what's your name" he said, "mike" "okay Mike, how about I give you this $100 bill and I can call you James every time I see you." Mike said, "sure" and took the $100 bill and I said, "see you later James" Mike/James smiled

Right on. I'm glad they added Newcastle though. Much more palatable. My group of friends and I easily spend over $100 a day on beers in between bands we want to see. Sometimes we even watch an act on the Outdoor Stage from the main beer garden when our feet need a break. I thank the gods every year that at least I'm not stuck with Bud Light or Coors Light. I imagine they serve that shit in hell!
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

I assume that one can only consume beer in the beer gardens within the festival?

How much can they be paying them . I just wish another big name with a larger catalog could outbid them . Heineken makes one fucking beer.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybuck99 View Post
    Right on. I'm glad they added Newcastle though. Much more palatable. My group of friends and I easily spend over $100 a day on beers in between bands we want to see. Sometimes we even watch an act on the Outdoor Stage from the main beer garden when our feet need a break. I thank the gods every year that at least I'm not stuck with Bud Light or Coors Light. I imagine they serve that shit in hell!
    Yes, Newcastle is the way to go. I actually enjoy the beer garden in between the main and outdoor quite a bit - I feel like you can get a relatively good view of the outdoor stage if you sit by the fence, it's not usually very crowded and they have a porto-potty lot inside the beer garden.
    Jay Electronica 2011