Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beats Music (Streaming Music service brought to you by Dr. Dre and Trent Reznor)

Default Re: Beats Music (Streaming Music service brought to you by Dr. Dre and Trent Reznor)

The library function alone was enough for me to switch. To have an album by an artist at the top of the list, another in the middle, and yet another at the very bottom was a pain in the ass with spotify. Also, the amount of storage spotify uses is ridiculous, that I can't remove an album from offline availability and get that space back was dumb. Their solution is to delete the whole app and redownload the music you do want available offline.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 02-01-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Default Re: Beats Music (Streaming Music service brought to you by Dr. Dre and Trent Reznor)

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

nawww, I think Dr. Dre should turn around be like...fuck ya'll bitches...I'm gonna buy you guys out.

hah, but shit, donald sterling isn't going to be happy with this.

What do the Beats streaming users think the play is here. I have a heard time believing the platform is so good that Apple feels the need to buy the technology/talent. My guess that this is a play for the headphone "credibility" and we'll be seeing a hifi ipod with high quality beats branded earbuds in the near future. Apple could gain a lot by kicking off a mass audiophile upgrade movement.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthehorn View Post
    What do the Beats streaming users think the play is here. I have a heard time believing the platform is so good that Apple feels the need to buy the technology/talent. My guess that this is a play for the headphone "credibility" and we'll be seeing a hifi ipod with high quality beats branded earbuds in the near future. Apple could gain a lot by kicking off a mass audiophile upgrade movement.
    Apple is sort of freaking out over the iTunes store, which has been a reliable fountain of cash, starting to bring in less money. They probably want an alternative to iTunes Radio that they can rely on to prop themselves up on.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    hah, but shit, donald sterling isn't going to be happy with this.
    Compton Clippers by Dre

Spotify is a threat, theyre doing what companies like Google and Facebook do, acquire assets and hope for the best. Gotta survive somehow.

Problem with that theory is audiophiles HATE Beats headphones. In fact hate probably isn't a strong enough word. That's not to say Apple won't do what you're suggesting with Beats hardware, but this deal isn't really about headphones. Apple is doing this for the streaming service and content deals Iovine negotiated with record labels. Because their headphone business is quite profitable apple can hedge that aspect of the deal to get more value as a Beats Music investment.
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Spotify is a threat, theyre doing what companies like Google and Facebook do, acquire assets and hope for the best. Gotta survive somehow.
    Exactly. And buying Spotify would probably cost a couple multiples of $3.2B
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Papi Piratón!

Good for Andre
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by dancefreak View Post
    Problem with that theory is audiophiles HATE Beats headphones. In fact hate probably isn't a strong enough word. That's not to say Apple won't do what you're suggesting with Beats hardware, but this deal isn't really about headphones. Apple is doing this for the streaming service and content deals Iovine negotiated with record labels. Because their headphone business is quite profitable apple can hedge that aspect of the deal to get more value as a Beats Music investment.
    The content deal thing occurred to me after I posted. Labels were probably more willing to deal with Beats than Apple.

As for the hifi iPod, the thing is it wouldn't be marketed to audiophiles, it'd be marketed to the same demographic that bought Beats headphones in the first place: people who want reasonably good stuff and are willing to vastly overpay for it. If Apple can then roll out ALAC across the iTunes store and convince people to upgrade their libraries, that's some serious money making potential.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.