Thread: Weekend 2. Camp HanSolo [For those looking for car camping. Especially first timers]

Default Weekend 2. Camp HanSolo [For those looking for car camping. Especially first timers]

Joking about the camp name. and i was once a new comer/first timer and wished someone could've helped out. So this year, I wanted to help some stragglers, new coachellans and those looking for car camps, and had started this thread . It was more than expected and I couldn't accommodate everyone. we have a total of 30 people right now. however, i'm making this post to help out those whom i wasn't able to. so here's some suggestions, so that people don't make thread/post after post looking for car camping:

1. combine camps.
    why? more space = more room for activities. you'll want that room. find a veteran to hop in and help. shade, shade, shade. trust me, it is very important to shade up your area. canopies, tarps and tapestries. to create that shade above your car and tent. it gets hot in the day and fucking cold at night.
    2. pick a lead/host/planner, and a way to communicate with everyone.
    i chose facebook to connect everyone together

What to do?!?!
    1. FLIGHTS AND LANDING TIMES:
    figure out where everyone is coming from. and once you figure out whose driving, who needs rides, who can carpool, whose flying where....then.

2. TIMELINE: (Pick a rendezvous point to get any last minute supplies and roll together. Meet new people and a mini road-trip)
    3: CAMPSITE INFO/SHOPPING LIST: Ensure supplies are divvied up. Because those traveling from out of state, will have a hard time bringing in extra luggage.
    4: TENT GROUPS: See who has big tents and whose willing to simply tent together.
    5: CARPOOL GROUPS: If you're doing a group, figure out how much space you will get. If you're 3 or less car camps. you'll be side to side. if you're four or more, you'll be back to back, meaning = more space = more activities. beer pong, what not.
    IF ANYTHING, YOU GUYS CAN ROLL IN BEHIND US. Be NEIGHBORS.
    If i put your username down, and you don't want it here. let me know. i'll help with sneaking stuff in, or let you know how you can. herb, is kind of hard, because last year they had sniff dogs. these individuals below, are the few i couldn't help. so i wanted to share their needs and what they can offer the rest of the Coachella community.

User: hallshit >>>NO CAR CAMP. 3 girls. 2 guys. From SF. First timers.
    User: patdiez10 >>> 1 CAR CAMP. Coming from Texas.
    User:
    dlm94 >>> 1 CAR CAMP. Driving from Vancouver, BC.

Last edited by kaylebleechan; 01-20-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Lurker

Default Re: Weekend 2. Camp HanSolo [For those looking for car camping. Especially first time

> No car camp. 3 girls driving from Phoenix

Default Re: Weekend 2. Camp HanSolo [For those looking for car camping. Especially first time

Hello me (24m) and my girlfriend (24f) are first timers looking to join a car camp. We are more than willing to compensate for cash, food and supplies!

Lurker

30m first timer from Philly still looking for somewhere to camp. My tent is small, and I would definitely split cost of the site, food, booze, etc!

24M, just moved to California from the East Coast. Bought a coachella ticket out of the blue and didn't realize I needed a car camping pass! This is my first festival every, couldn't be more excited.

Lurker

20, Male, first-timer from the UK. No camping. I'm flying into Palm Springs on the 17th

19, female, first time from phx az. Looking into buying a camp pass as long as someone drives if I get one. Possibly flying from phx to ca.

Lurker

1 car camp. 2 girls 1 guy (might be 2). From Seattle and NYC. Looking for neighbors.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by sammieeeee View Post
    1 car camp. 2 girls 1 guy (might be 2). From Seattle and NYC. Looking for neighbors.
    PM'd you

Eric (23m) going by myself looking for a group to join have a car camping spot. Flying in to Ontario on the 17th thinking of renting a car unless I can carpool with someone.

2 canadian girls have a car but no camping pass if anyone has room for a couple of us with or without the car let me know
    Last edited by CoachellaBella2; 02-11-2014 at 01:36 PM.