Thread: Where can I keep my luggage?! WKND2

Default Where can I keep my luggage?! WKND2

My friend and I are coming from London for the festival. Problem is... as we are doing a little roadtrip of the state we will have a couple of suitcases. Now we have purchased lockers for the duration of the festival but they will only fit the medium sized back pack allowed in.

Any ideas where we can keep a couple of suitcases??

Airport lockers? Rent a room? Rent a garage?!

All ideas welcome, and thanks in advance. Can't wait to meet some of you!!

Default Re: Where can I keep my luggage?! WKND2

can't you keep them in your car (if you're renting one) or your campsite (if you are camping) or the hotel room (if you're staying in a hotel)?
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

better question: where are you sleeping? i think most people leave their luggage where they'll be returning to after the festival ends each night.

just something to think about.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

People in America are really chill and follow rules. Just put you luggage outside the festival with a sign that says don't touch and claim after the festival.

I'm camping on site and am not bringing a car. So will not have anywhere secure to keep it

Quote Originally Posted by JaiJethwa View Post
    I'm camping on site and am not bringing a car. So will not have anywhere secure to keep it
    Put the valuables you are bringing inside of your suitcases in the locker. The rest, keep inside your suitcases inside of your tent in the campsite!? If you are overly worried about the safe keeping of your items (the items that don't fit into the locker), buy a tiny padlock to put on your tent and make friends with your neighbors. Neighbors can be the first line of defense as a neighborhood watch. Or, since you are traveling, perhaps buying a TSA approved suitcase lock and reusing it as a tent lock might be what you want.

Thievery is sparse in the campgrounds. It does/has happened, but most of the stories are usually carelessness with high priced items, open tents with visible items to take, or drunk and high strangers being drunk and high.

Example of regular padlock you can buy at almost any store in the U.S.

TSA Approved. Amazon
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

it's not ideal, but you could purchase a small lock to lock your tent up while you're in the festival, but if it's just a couple suitcases filled with clothes I don't think you'd have too much to worry about just leaving them in your tent. you could also make friends with one of your neighbors and see if you can keep them in their car in exchange for some beers or something too.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

in my experience visibly locking your tent lets anyone who would break into a tent to steal shit know you might have some good stuff to... steal. not to mention how many people tent camp and have no issues. don't worry about your stuff. except maybe your passport. put that in the locker.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

You need to tell us, are you do doing Car Camping, Tent Camping, or no camping?

If you need to rent a garage, that's some serious luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    in my experience visibly locking your tent lets anyone who would break into a tent to steal shit know you might have some good stuff to... steal. not to mention how many people tent camp and have no issues. don't worry about your stuff. except maybe your passport. put that in the locker.
    I know what you are saying, but from the way it is written makes me think your experience is stealing in the campground. Hahahha. Just cover the front of the tent with a towel or something to not show the lock. Also, what you are thinking goes exactly the opposite for the person(s) trying to commit the crime. Personally, I've never locked my shit up. But I did practice sensible acts like: folding up my chairs, stowing away any valuables in the locker or car, and so on.

"I'm going to a potentially crazy music festival and I'm from another country. I potentially will have everything that I own on my back with me on this long trip. Not to mention random strangers, but I am worried about my own state of mind too." Locking up his her own shit may seem excessive to most, but to this person, maybe not. Hahahaha
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    You need to tell us, are you do doing Car Camping, Tent Camping, or no camping?

If you need to rent a garage, that's some serious luggage.
    I got it: portable meth lab transported via suitcases. BINGO B-I-N-G-O