Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can we talk about Woodkid?

Default Re: Can we talk about Woodkid?

Quote Originally Posted by know ID ya View Post
    I chose Woodkid because I liked what I heard on album. I get to experience what many of you never will because I don't watch online live videos. It's why this show was so special. I went in blind, and was blown away.

The absence of color was so stylish. Everything was white and black and every shade in between. It was mature and commanded respect, the opposite of most going on that weekend. The videos on the back screen matched the vibe they were creating, almost a futuristic live music experience. I fear and envy any of you experiencing this on acid. All ya'll Molly kids looking to dance will likely be bored, minus two songs they played near the end.

Oh how it pisses me off that electronic folks like fake drums, when there is stuff like this out there with THREE drummers. Ever hear of "the drop" being created by an actual bass drum? Do the kids these days even know where the word "bass" came from? It's not Skrillex.

I don't get the conflict either. If you haven't had twelve chances to see Chromeo in the last six years, you are horrible at life. How different was Chromeo this time than the last 549 shows they played? It looks like you can catch half of Woodkid's set no matter who else you choose unless you stage camp, so you might as well check it out...

(unless you're high on Molly)
    Biggest douche I've encountered this year, and with some stiff competition. Bravo.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Only got to catch the last 20 minutes, but man, that might've been my favorite 20 minutes of the weekend. Insanely great.

HA! I'm skipping Chromeo (i've seen them twice, both great) to catch this and Bonobo for the reasons he stated. Shit...douche city here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    Biggest douche I've encountered this year, and with some stiff competition. Bravo.

Woodkid and Future Islands were my two favorite performances of the weekend.

Do not miss Woodkid.

2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    The L.A. crowd rubbed off on me, but you were fairly accurate to begin with.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

1/24/13 – Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

This was my favorite set all weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

It was good , but not as epic as I was hoping . It ended up being more high energy dance stuff . I wanted some Lord of the rings were about to battle shit.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

this was an incredible set - if you need to see chromeo come for the last half of woodkid and your mind will be blown

One of my favorite sets of the weekend. Just beautiful.

If I could relive a set from the weekend it would definitely be this one.

did 20-20-20-20-20 of shlohmo, glitch mob, bonobo, chromeo, and woodkid...woodkid was definitely the best

Caught the last 20 or so minutes of the set. Missed Ghost Lights but was really impressed done the less.
    While I have a general disdain for people asking me to put my hands up in the air, I feel like Woodkid is asking the crowd to join him, not pad his ego. He clearly loved what is happening around him and its a real raw connection.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by craigoneil View Post
    Caught the last 20 or so minutes of the set. Missed Ghost Lights but was really impressed done the less.
    While I have a general disdain for people asking me to put my hands up in the air, I feel like Woodkid is asking the crowd to join him, not pad his ego. He clearly loved what is happening around him and its a real raw connection.
    I saw them weekend 1. It was the set I had the highest hopes for outside of Outkast, and it delivered in every way. The visuals were incredible, the energy on stage was undeniable, and the crowd seemed to actually "get it."

I ran into Woodkid (Yoann Lemoine) in the mainstage VIP during Beck and introduced myself to him. I thanked him for coming to perform and said that I loved his performance. He was gracious and humble, shook my hand, and said thank you. The ear to ear smile is just as infectious in person. He's got a lifelong fan.

I think this was my favorite set of the weekend. How can you not appreciate the thought and production that went into this show. I don't like calling anything epic, but I can't think of another word to describe his set. So unique and fresh, didn't need the ASAP FERG appearance, but it didn't ruin the vibe by any means. I hope GV continues to bring new interesting acts like this every year.

Was this on the webcast or AXS? Is there a good video of it anywhere?

Artists like Woodkid are one of the reasons I enjoy going to festivals. Discovering something new which simply blows me away with its energy and freshness. By far my favorite set of the weekend.
    I hope to someday die of spontaneous human combustion, and in my final moments, I want to give each and every one of you a hug.