Thread: How long is the wait for a shuttle after the show? Is it a pain?

Default How long is the wait for a shuttle after the show? Is it a pain?

I can drive or take the shuttle. I'd like to shuttle in because of the traffic after the closing act (with the exception last year of Stone Roses, everyone was gone before they finished up.)

What can you tell me about the shuttle?

Default Re: How long is the wait for a shuttle after the show? Is it a pain?

We have been using the shuttle every year and there has always been one when we needed it with no waiting. maybe we have just been lucky but there seems to be plenty of shuttles and they continually loop around.

They are awesome ....real fast now.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

The shuttles are fantastic. There is always one ready to go and they are friendly and fast. They also play Coachella music

Quote Originally Posted by YzermaNeely View Post
    I can drive or take the shuttle. I'd like to shuttle in because of the traffic after the closing act (with the exception last year of Stone Roses, everyone was gone before they finished up.)

What can you tell me about the shuttle?
    Sooo the shuttles are able to by pass the traffic? Are they able to take certain roads that are closed off? I ask because I've never used the shuttle and have been debating the same thing...

I stayed at the Renaissance Esmeralda last year and the Coachella shuttles are some of the best festival shuttles I have experienced. There was always one ready at any point of the day leaving the hotel to Coachella and only took about 20 minutes to arrive to the festival. The only time I had to wait for a shuttle was the first day leaving the festival and it wasn't longer then 10 minutes and getting back to the hotel was the same time getting to the festival. I would definitely recommended taking the shuttles opposed to driving for anyone with the option.

Rarely a wait time of more than a few minutes (except around 9:00 pm when there is a shift change in drivers). I love the shuttles. The biggest problem is the dust kicked up by the idiot golf carts and tricycle drivers who use the pedestrian pathways.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Cool! No wait after the night is over is worth the $10 per ride..
    Last edited by YzermaNeely; 01-18-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks for the info! GLAD there won't be a long ass wait.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by ReasonableDoubt View Post
    Thanks for the info! GLAD there won't be a long ass wait.
    i wish the walk to the shuttles at night was quicker. Can't do anything about the distance, but spending 30 minutes in a slow moving crowd of people going to the camp grounds or parking lot seem silly to me.

I still don't know why you have to pass through security twice ever time you arrive on site from the hotel shuttle in the afternoon. Good way to chew up 90-100 minutes from the moment you step on the shuttle(local routes, not Palm Springs) until you can run to the stage you want. Not to mention that they make if fairly tough to see any music before 1:30-2pm.

That is probably the only negative about the shuttles - the super strict security you have to go through in addition to the regular entrance security.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    i wish the walk to the shuttles at night was quicker. Can't do anything about the distance, but spending 30 minutes in a slow moving crowd of people going to the camp grounds or parking lot seem silly to me.

I still don't know why you have to pass through security twice ever time you arrive on site from the hotel shuttle in the afternoon. Good way to chew up 90-100 minutes from the moment you step on the shuttle(local routes, not Palm Springs) until you can run to the stage you want. Not to mention that they make if fairly tough to see any music before 1:30-2pm.
    everyone goes through security twice. it's because things that are allowed in the camp ground are not necessarily allowed in the venue.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

After New Order last year there was a 20 min. wait for the green line. I know there was a substantially longer wait for some of the other routes. And yes, they have a direct line out of the venue thus passing any traffic.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    everyone goes through security twice. it's because things that are allowed in the camp ground are not necessarily allowed in the venue.
    Do many people in camping use the shuttles? There must be some way to re-route the foot traffic of the shuttle people going in and out.

Do people that park and walk in have a double security check point?

20 minute wait. Life can be so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    Those that ride the shuttle actually go through a third security check. One, immediately after getting off the shuttles, one to get into the camping area, and the third to get in the venue.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

oh. that's bullshit.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Why would I need to go into the camping area when I get off the shuttle?
    Friday (Slow Start): Broken Bells - AFI - Dum Dum Girls - The Afghan Whigs - The Cult - MS MR - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Title Fight - Grouplove
    Saturday(Screwed!): MGMT - White Lies - Muse - QOTSA - Cage the Elephant - Pet Shop Boys - Sleigh Bells - Temples - Warpaint - Foster the People - Lorde - Mogwai - Capital Cities - Bear Hands - The Naked & Famous
    Sunday(Good Night and Good Luck): Arcade Fire - Beck - Beady Eye - Lana Del Rey - The Toy Dolls - Laurent Garnier

Look at the map, the path from where the shuttle drops you off goes right through the camp grounds.

It's much better than how it was in other years. Before you had to walk like 2 miles, 1 of those miles was just going around the perimeter of the buses lot. I suggested that they change the layout and people here called me an idiot but guess what, Goldenvoice implemented the ideas I was suggesting. I doubt that they saw the forum, it was just common sense.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Shuttles are pretty awesome. Always one there when you need to leave the site - pretty regular intervals leaving your hotel or shuttle stop. Only thing to watch for i if you're staying at a hotel farther from the site, it can take a while to get a bus and the bus can take a while to get there. This is just because of the distance, traffic and the fact that you stop at other sites to pick people up.

We stayed at the Agua Caliente a couple of years ago and it was taking 50-60 mins to get to the site - which sucked if you wanted to see one of the first few acts. Last year they seemed to start the shuttles an hour or so earlier so that helped a bit.

Shuttle stop people are super friendly and hand out water and sunscreen and generally try to get you stoked for the shows. Bus drivers are nice too and yes, they play Coachella music for the ride.

Our shuttle had a lightshow on the way home on Sunday. Just as many of us were about to doze off - green lasers, everywhere. You could tell the driver took pride in his bus!

Quote Originally Posted by levi760 View Post
    Those that ride the shuttle actually go through a third security check. One, immediately after getting off the shuttles, one to get into the camping area, and the third to get in the venue.

You do not need to go through a third security check if you take the shuttle. You get off the shuttle and cross the street and get checked, then you walk to the main entrance and get checked.