Thread: Side by side campsites with my friend?

Lurker

Default Side by side campsites with my friend?

I have a campsite and so does my friend. If we can arrange to travel together and pull up one behind the other, will they let us go to the same lot so that we can camp next to eachother? I'm assuming the front car can just say, "Hey my friends are in the car right behind us, can you have them go where you send me please?"

Anybody ever done something similar? What's the best way to ensure we camp next to eachother?

Thanks!

Default Re: Side by side campsites with my friend?

You have to show up together. You'll go through inspections and if you're waiting on a friend. You'll be pulled into a lot until your friend shows up. And from there if your whole party is together then you'll go park your car camp together.

Last year there was a very convenient "waiting area" after the security checkpoint.
    We used it with our little caravan. It's perfect & as long as you stick together from there, you'll be right next to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Everyone at Coachella is godless
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by kaylebleechan View Post
    You have to show up together. You'll go through inspections and if you're waiting on a friend. You'll be pulled into a lot until your friend shows up. And from there if your whole party is together then you'll go park your car camp together.
    Thanks for the response. So if we show up together we can just let them know and they'll keep us together. That's my takeaway from your response and if so that's perfect, that's what I was hoping for.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by ELIZA83TH View Post
    Last year there was a very convenient "waiting area" after the security checkpoint.
    We used it with our little caravan. It's perfect & as long as you stick together from there, you'll be right next to each other.
    Ok cool. Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be a headache to try to pull off. Doesn't sound bad at all.

Getting two cars together is simple, you should have no worries. Just be together in the security check line and you should be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    if he is scared of your noodle you may not get in with it.

you probably won't even need to use the waiting lot for just 2 cars. if a car or two gets in between you, just let them pass you until you are in line together.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1)

You won't need the waiting lot. We pulled up with 3 cars last year and all got in together. Just try to get in the same security check in line as them. Usually, if security breaks you up, people are nice about letting you change lines and get in front of them if you explain you're in a group. Once your car gets checked just tell security the car behind you is with you and you'd like to wait for a second and they should let you.
    crab fries

Depends. You might want to let the guys who are directing you to your final spot that you want to be side by side with your friend. There's a chance they will line you up butt to butt. Meaning both of your cars facing two different streets (opposite directions) and your two tent spots between the cars. That's what happened to my friends.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    Depends. You might want to let the guys who are directing you to your final spot that you want to be side by side with your friend. There's a chance they will line you up butt to butt. Meaning both of your cars facing two different streets (opposite directions) and your two tent spots between the cars. That's what happened to my friends.
    This setup actually is what we prefer when we have a group.
    We ask if they'll set us up back-to-back. I find it gives us more space (or feel like it at least).
    We put the cars on opposite sides to allow for all the space in between the cars to be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Everyone at Coachella is godless
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness

Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    That happened to us last year. It wasnt terrible, but definitely not ideal.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Yeah, this actually worked better for us since my friend brought a 12 man tent & a chevy tahoe. We just shared the big ass tent & my 8 man tent stayed in it's bag. We'll have 4 cars this year, so it will be much better with the same back-to-back arrangement.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate