Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CHVRCHES

Default Re: CHVRCHES

I had them pretty high up on my list until I heard their recent cover of "Bela Lugosi's Dead". Fucking awful! They need to pay some penance for that one.
    I hope to someday die of spontaneous human combustion, and in my final moments, I want to give each and every one of you a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    C grade bubblegum pop.
    naw, d level at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    CAGEFIGHT!!!!!!!
    motherfuckers to the death.

I loved the cover. It was amazing. What did you expect an karaoke version of the song? They put their own person flair into it. I applaud their efforts.

hoping for a dance party in the gobi/mojave.

Love this band. Easily one of my top picks for the weekend. And I do also think that Vampire Academy song is a bit weak.

Honestly think putting them on the Outdoor at 4 is the biggest fuckup on the schedule. They would've had the Mojave post-sunset set of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    Honestly think putting them on the Outdoor at 4 is the biggest fuckup on the schedule. They would've had the Mojave post-sunset set of the weekend.
    This SO much. Who wants to see them during the day? And conflicting with Banks? So fucked up.
    anything could happen

I don't get the hype regarding this band.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

Hottest hour of the day and not in a tent? That's really gonna put a cramp on the dancing. Obviously their light show won't be used, which is another shame. Should still be fun, but sheesh, extra glad I'm doing their Localchella show now.

If they stay focused, I think their performance will be memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by thepiratepenguin View Post
    Hottest hour of the day and not in a tent? That's really gonna put a cramp on the dancing. Obviously their light show won't be used, which is another shame.
    Yeah, couldnt agree more. And the Banks, BBB, Holy Ghost conflict cluster there just makes it worse

So glad they're on the webcast. Definitely my #1 set to see. Can't stop listening to that album.

Chvrches VS Banks

yeah i agree they should've been placed in a tent during sunset or night time. Didn't think I would have to choose between bombay and them, now i'm in a pickle.
    Outkast, Broken Bells, Bonobo, Flume, Jagwar Ma, Shlohmo, Grouplove, Duke Dumont, the Preatures
    Lorde, Foster the People, the Head and the Heart, CHVRCHES, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Blood Orange, the Magician
    Arcade Fire, Beck, Disclosure, Rudimental, STRFKR, Trombone Shorty, Poolside, Classixx, Aeroplane

From a crowding perspective, I kind of get it - seems like everyone I know wants to check them out, and I like the album. Have listened to them live a bit and it seems like her voice doesn't come through as well, is that true from those of you that have seen them?

7.23 - White Lung // 8.2-3 - HARD Summer // 8.7 - Jagwar Ma // 8.8 - Flume // 8.10 - Warpaint // 8.23-24 - FYF Fest // 9.5 - Feed Me // 10.8 - Kasabian // 10.12 - Speedy Ortiz // 10.25 - The Afghan Whigs // 10.31 - QotSA Halloween Show! // 4.10-12 - Coachella 2015 W1

I'm hoping to have sexual intercourse with the lead singer of Chvrches sometime during Coachella. I love those nasty scottish bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjadams90 View Post
    Lolzz, I hate that being buff is now, at least on the message board, is synonymous with being a bro.

You guys do know the working out it good for you? Helps you keep in shape and promotes good health.

Anyways Cool Story Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Brando View Post
    I'm hoping to have sexual intercourse with the lead singer of Chvrches sometime during Coachella. I love those nasty scottish bitches.
    get in line

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Brando View Post
    Make sure you show her this post, it will help your chances. She absolutely LOVES dudes who make comments like this on the internet.

Don't forget your lube Wolfbeckett, otherwise I fear you may have a miserable weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.