Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Fuji Rock Festival 2014

Default Re: Fuji Rock Festival 2014

Just read this article that suggests numbers were way down this year (102,000 compared to 118,000 last year and 140,000 in 2012)
    The numbers were down because the lineup was weak, and that's all due to Smash trying to inch into Summer Sonic territory with Kanye and having no plan B when they were inevitably fucked over. I KNEW KNEW KNEW that was going to happen. And let's not even talk about Jack Fucking (real middle name) Johnson, whose addition probably hurt overseas sales. That said, the crowd was the most manageable it's ever been. I've never walked straight up to the toilets like that so many times over a weekend.

I only saw one show at the Red Marquee this year, and I really didn't find myself at Oasis very often (which might explain why I didn't run into you, gweilo).
    We didn't, did we? I think I saw six RM shows and six or seven GS shows, so I was there quite a bit.

Anybody going to Ultra Japan?
    If Kim Kardashian and Kanye West were on fire... What sort of sandwich would you make?

www.festivalfanatics.com

^ hahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha
    Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22 | Hercules & Love Affair live @ Club Dada 9/22 | Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9 | Hardkiss @ Dallas 10/10 | SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12 | Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ Austin 11/23

Lurker

Hi guys!

Hope you all had a great Fuji Rock. I've been absent the past two festivals as I've had a baby - but my husband and I are hoping to return in 2015. I was hoping someone could help me identify some of the hotels in Naeba. We usually stay at one of the old ski lodges but this time we are bringing a friend along too so I am trying to figure out new accommodation where we won't have to share a room with our friend. I know it's pretty impossible to get a room at the Prince but do you know the names of - or have website links to - any of the other hotels in the town? I know there are a few but as an English speaking person, I'm having a hard time finding these online. I recall there being at least one semi high rise hotel in the town but no idea what the name of it is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by listenup View Post
    Hi guys!

Hope you all had a great Fuji Rock. I've been absent the past two festivals as I've had a baby - but my husband and I are hoping to return in 2015. I was hoping someone could help me identify some of the hotels in Naeba. We usually stay at one of the old ski lodges but this time we are bringing a friend along too so I am trying to figure out new accommodation where we won't have to share a room with our friend. I know it's pretty impossible to get a room at the Prince but do you know the names of - or have website links to - any of the other hotels in the town? I know there are a few but as an English speaking person, I'm having a hard time finding these online. I recall there being at least one semi high rise hotel in the town but no idea what the name of it is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
    You happen to know any Japanese speakers or residents? That'll be your best bet. I'm hitting up a couple of peeps I know that live in Osaka to help me out with the accommodation since I'm going solo and rather have my own room at this point.
    Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22 | Hercules & Love Affair live @ Club Dada 9/22 | Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9 | Hardkiss @ Dallas 10/10 | SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12 | Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ Austin 11/23